Condi Mirage for Fractals

GromKhar.7845

First of all i'm sorry for grammatical fails, i'm trying my best and, yes, i already checked some build guides, but many seems outdated and not quiet completed for me. Not seen a real Mirage fractal build in forum also.

I'm quite new to fractals, seen some guides already and now asking for a build or maybe a little more detailed guide for my mesmer. I don't really like chrono, so the only necessary thing for me is the Mirage spec. if possible, and pref. condi, altrough in this question i'm more open-minded than in spec. If someone could help me out, that would be great!

The following raid condi mirage build should work fine for fractals:

https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/

Just bear in mind that you probably won't have a chronomancer giving you perma-quickness and alacrity in lower fractal groups, so you won't be able to do the most optimal rotation as described on the website. Also, although the damage you take in lower tiered fractals is smaller than in raids, you also probably won't have a dedicated healer in your group either, so be careful about using all your dodges and jaunts just for damage. It's often better to do a bit less damage in your rotation and be able to avoid a lethal attack from a boss. The same goes for your healing skill (Ether Signet) which is mainly used to refresh your phantasm skills, but doing so assumes you have a healer keeping you up. When it comes to low level fractals there is usually very little teamwork involved, so you can't rely on the other people in your group to help you if you take a hit.

EDIT: If you can't afford Viper gear then Carrion or Rampager is a cheaper alternative.

@GromKhar.7845 said:First of all i'm sorry for grammatical fails, i'm trying my best and, yes, i already checked some build guides, but many seems outdated and not quiet completed for me. Not seen a real Mirage fractal build in forum also.

I'm quite new to fractals, seen some guides already and now asking for a build or maybe a little more detailed guide for my mesmer. I don't really like chrono, so the only necessary thing for me is the Mirage spec. if possible, and pref. condi, altrough in this question i'm more open-minded than in spec. If someone could help me out, that would be great!

Hi! I run T4s sometimes on my mirage. Chrono is more sought after due to group utility, and condi mirage is not great for trash clearing, but it is competitive on bosses due to its high sustained damage and ability to hang in there dealing damage while evading big hits.

For someone just getting into fractals at T1, however, there is no reason to concern yourself with any of that. There's no reason to bring chrono and druid to lower level fractals. It simply isn't necessary. Play whatever you like!

@"Wandering Mist.2973" said:The following raid condi mirage build should work fine for fractals:

https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/

Just bear in mind that you probably won't have a chronomancer giving you perma-quickness and alacrity in lower fractal groups, so you won't be able to do the most optimal rotation as described on the website. Also, although the damage you take in lower tiered fractals is smaller than in raids, you also probably won't have a dedicated healer in your group either, so be careful about using all your dodges and jaunts just for damage. It's often better to do a bit less damage in your rotation and be able to avoid a lethal attack from a boss. The same goes for your healing skill (Ether Signet) which is mainly used to refresh your phantasm skills, but doing so assumes you have a healer keeping you up. When it comes to low level fractals there is usually very little teamwork involved, so you can't rely on the other people in your group to help you if you take a hit.

EDIT: If you can't afford Viper gear then Carrion or Rampager is a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for the page, will try that then!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@GromKhar.7845 said:First of all i'm sorry for grammatical fails, i'm trying my best and, yes, i already checked some build guides, but many seems outdated and not quiet completed for me. Not seen a real Mirage fractal build in forum also.

Hi! I run T4s sometimes on my mirage. Chrono is more sought after due to group utility, and condi mirage is not great for trash clearing, but it is competitive on bosses due to its high sustained damage and ability to hang in there dealing damage while evading big hits.

For someone just getting into fractals at T1, however, there is no reason to concern yourself with any of that. There's no reason to bring chrono and druid to lower level fractals. It simply isn't necessary. Play whatever you like!

I see, however overtime i wanna also climb up. Maybe the experience will help aswell, can't tell that now.

@GromKhar.7845 said:

@"Wandering Mist.2973" said:The following raid condi mirage build should work fine for fractals:

Thanks for the page, will try that then!

I see, however overtime i wanna also climb up. Maybe the experience will help aswell, can't tell that now.

As a Mesmer user (regardless of whether you are mirage or chrono) the main difference between T1 and T4 fractals is that in T4 you might be expected to use your blinks, stealth and portals a lot more to speed up the runs. A lot of the mechanics that are designed to be done by multiple people can be done by a single Mesmer. Mesmers can also use their portals to skip portions of the fractals for their teammates. Learning how to fully use your portals and stealth skills is quite important.

Condi mirage is horrible for low level fractals just horrible. They are okay for T4 and CM but just awful at anything below T3. Everything dies way too fast. When it comes to Lower-tier eneimes like vets and minions they are already horrible because their burst is just awful. Think the highest I've seen while clearing is like 23.1k.

They don't really shine until you've reached T4 and CM and even then you're best spot is at boss fights. But imho condi Mirage is really only good on a few boss fractals that don't have long straits of clearing like Urban, Molten, ,Molten furance, and so on. Which unfortunately just so happens to be a lot with the exception of the newer ones like chaos, nightmare, Shattered Observatory, and a couple others.

I'd steer clear away unless you plan on raiding. The cost of the gear is rather expensive and it's in a really funny spot.

@dontlook.1823 said:Condi mirage is horrible for low level fractals just horrible. They are okay for T4 and CM but just awful at anything below T3. Everything dies way too fast. When it comes to Lower-tier eneimes like vets and minions they are already horrible because their burst is just awful. Think the highest I've seen while clearing is like 23.1k.

They don't really shine until you've reached T4 and CM and even then you're best spot is at boss fights. But imho condi Mirage is really only good on a few boss fractals that don't have long straits of clearing like Urban, Molten, ,Molten furance, and so on. Which unfortunately just so happens to be a lot with the exception of the newer ones like chaos, nightmare, Shattered Observatory, and a couple others.

I'd steer clear away unless you plan on raiding. The cost of the gear is rather expensive and it's in a really funny spot.

LoL@23.1k DPS in T1! If anyone in your group is doing that much, you should just go make a sammich and let them solo the fractal.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@dontlook.1823 said:Condi mirage is horrible for low level fractals just horrible. They are okay for T4 and CM but just awful at anything below T3. Everything dies way too fast. When it comes to Lower-tier eneimes like vets and minions they are already horrible because their burst is just awful. Think the highest I've seen while clearing is like 23.1k.

LoL@23.1k DPS in T1! If anyone in your group is doing that much, you should just go make a sammich and let them solo the fractal.

Lol, well that's what you get when using an optimized build. I mean we're linking snowcrow here. I should take some screens of DHs and Weaver's hitting for 100k plus while clearing. Meanwhile I'm swirling around blindly hoping I catch up to them. Even with my PMez I can only get to 70k while clearing. And the lower the fractal the easier it is to reach those numbers since the adds have such low armor/health. Don't be surprised if the burstiest person on the team is getting crazy high numbers if you're running a meter.

@dontlook.1823 said:

Lol, well that's what you get when using an optimized build. I mean we're linking snowcrow here. I should take some screens of DHs and Weaver's hitting for 100k plus while clearing. Meanwhile I'm swirling around blindly hoping I catch up to them. Even with my PMez I can only get to 70k while clearing. :( And the lower the fractal the easier it is to reach those numbers since the adds have such low armor/health. Don't be surprised if the burstiest person on the team is getting crazy high numbers if you're running a meter.

I fail to see how that matters at all. It's not like T1-3 fractals have any enrage timers for the bosses or dps checks to be met. There's a lot more to fractals than raw dps and I'd much rather have a team who could do the mechanics properly with low dps than a team with high dps who couldn't do the mechanics.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:As a Mesmer user (regardless of whether you are mirage or chrono) the main difference between T1 and T4 fractals is that in T4 you might be expected to use your blinks, stealth and portals a lot more to speed up the runs. A lot of the mechanics that are designed to be done by multiple people can be done by a single Mesmer. Mesmers can also use their portals to skip portions of the fractals for their teammates. Learning how to fully use your portals and stealth skills is quite important.

Thanks for the tip, gonna practice it then!

As for the effectiveness for low-tier fracts: Even if i have low dps, maybe i should focus on portals and objectives then, while the other, higher dps classes clear out the mobs. What do you think about it?

@GromKhar.7845 said:

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:As a Mesmer user (regardless of whether you are mirage or chrono) the main difference between T1 and T4 fractals is that in T4 you might be expected to use your blinks, stealth and portals a lot more to speed up the runs. A lot of the mechanics that are designed to be done by multiple people can be done by a single Mesmer. Mesmers can also use their portals to skip portions of the fractals for their teammates. Learning how to fully use your portals and stealth skills is quite important.

As for the effectiveness for low-tier fracts: Even if i have low dps, maybe i should focus on portals and objectives then, while the other, higher dps classes clear out the mobs. What do you think about it?

Don't get too caught up in the talk of T4 speed run players. That is a totally different world of efficiency. Try to think of it this way: The worse your group is (in terms of damage output), the better a condi build will be!

@GromKhar.7845 said:

Realistically, on my mirage and even on my chrono people never expect ports or anything fancy (exception of Cliffside ports for arm seals, Thaumanova switch room and heat room port) and even if I do attempt to add a port to make things easier people don't take or notice them. The most you need to be doing is pulling mobs. (I carry a focus on my mirage since I have one offhand slot free, I remove the focus before big boss fights so I dont miss out on the energy sigil swapping benefits)edit: talking about T4's btwPS: I typed some long winded run down about the basics of what a mesmer (mostly chrono) is at least expected to do for almost each fractal, only to realize this was a mirage thread. If you do want to see it though I dont mind editing it into my post later.

@Khyber.1284 said:

Realistically, on my mirage and even on my chrono people never expect ports or anything fancy (exception of Cliffside ports for arm seals, Thaumanova switch room and heat room port) and even if I do attempt to add a port to make things easier people don't take or notice them. The most you need to be doing is pulling mobs. (I carry a focus on my mirage since I have one offhand slot free, I remove the focus before big boss fights so I dont miss out on the energy sigil swapping benefits)

PS: I typed some long winded run down about the basics of what a mesmer (mostly chrono) is at least expected to do for almost each fractal, only to realize this was a mirage thread.

^This. In pickup groups even in T4, most of the time when I drop a portal it just ends up separating the group because half the people either aren't paying attention or aren't expecting a mesmer to open a portal and don't notice the chat log. I've gotten into the habit of simply not bothering with it in places like cliffside because it's as likely to wipe the group as speed the run up!

Archived