PoF data download

Spinex.3695

@rapthorne.7345 said:A huge bulk of the PoF client data was downloaded when they patched for the demo weekend (patch was about 3 GB, way larger than the data required for a small portion of the first map)

Same happened with HoT, the launch day patch was only a few hundred megabytes,if I remember correctly.

Ahhh nice one, thank you for that info.

@rapthorne.7345 said:A huge bulk of the PoF client data was downloaded when they patched for the demo weekend (patch was about 3 GB, way larger than the data required for a small portion of the first map)

Same happened with HoT, the launch day patch was only a few hundred megabytes,if I remember correctly.

The launch day download was around 3.5GB, not a few hundred MB. And that's with them having been including files in updates throughout the months prior to release. Data miners had found a lot of data and spoilers by as early as the end of September and yet we still had a massive update an hour prior.

I'm pretty sure, just as with the HoT requirements at launch (remember, those requirements stated 35GB), that the 50GB includes space for the patches to come for the next 2 years (or however long it is until the next expansion. Thus, I don't think we have to worry about downloading enough to fill that 50GB requirement....just yet.

@hiccups.3790 said:The client is supporting "streaming". That means we could could play BEFORE the download completes. A possibility. ;)

eh i dunno. playing this game while files are downloading still isint the best experience imo. mobs are invisible and often have to wait alot longer zoning into different maps

still it beats getting into the game quicker while waiting to download every single file

39 percent of rural Americans (23 million people) lack access to unlimited, uncapped, 25 Mbps/3 Mbps, broadband internet. That includes me and this entire 10 mile radius where I live. I have a cap on my satellite internet, which is the only service available to me here of 50GB per month and that's the highest plan, at 129.00 a month I might add. I can't just sell my house and move just based on that, but yes many still have capped, non unlimited internet plans. No it shouldn't be, but it is. Until rural areas can get cable or even DSL, or even unlimited satellite plans, you HAVE to be aware of how much streaming your doing or if you don't, no more internet for that month at all until your billing cycle starts over. I have to download at night, 2am to 8am I have a "bonus they call it, extra 50GB during this time only. So I get up in the middle of the night to try to let this game download and hope that when I want to get on and play the next day, it won't have more to download, even 2GB downloads add up real quick, and it takes about an hour or so to download somtimes, if I get lucky and have a good connection, its not raining, snowing, storming, I might get 25mbps download and 2mbps upload speed, but to play while its downloading is simply out of the question, I can't do both at the same time because of the lack of speed. I work around it, but to not realize many of us do have caps in the USA still is a mistake many people make because they can't fathom why a country like the US would still have this antiquated access to broadband internet. I agree, its beyond antiquated and there is no reason for it, but it is what it is.

Archived