Reaper Shroud should get a reflect against ranged while active...

Zoltreez.6435

So people could not just keep running ( casually walking ) away when we activate it and AFK auto attack it down from range while we try to waddle after them with our only existing defense that also Degenerates like a madman anyway and has only 1 single Leap that anyone and their grandma can get away from without even trying.....

I Still don't know why the devs think it was a good idea to design a MELEE CLASS like this......

@Methuselah.4376 said:Hmm I think that's too strong a mechanic. RS 2 already has projectile destruction. I do get what you mean, but this is where you use your out of shroud skills to hamper their movement (cripple and chilled for example) and then burst them down with shroud skills.

PFFFF joking right ? its not like most of the other classes dont have Teleports.. invis... blinks... leaps.. stacked on each other or 6+ dodge in a row that also removes these condies...Also burst them down with shroud skills ( the rare times they don't/cant get away from you for a few sec ).... immune... immunes everywhere.....

but no Prob we have SHROUD !!!! Our only defense againts EVERYTHING that has our ONLY real Mobility ability in it :D

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Hmm I think that's too strong a mechanic. RS 2 already has projectile destruction. I do get what you mean, but this is where you use your out of shroud skills to hamper their movement (cripple and chilled for example) and then burst them down with shroud skills.

PFFFF joking right ? its not like most of the other classes dont have Teleports.. invis... blinks... leaps.. stacked on each other or 6+ dodge in a row that also removes these condies...Also burst them down with shroud skills ( the rare times they don't/cant get away from you for a few sec ).... immune... immunes everywhere.....

but no Prob we have SHROUD !!!! Our only defense againts EVERYTHING that has our ONLY real Mobility ability in it :D

how about we reduce the shroud decline rate (Aka how much shroud hp is lost per secound even without enemy hitting you)

and extend range of Death's charge from 600 to 1200 (same as warrior GS)

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

but no Prob we have SHROUD !!!! Our only defense againts EVERYTHING that has our ONLY real Mobility :D

Don't get me wrong. I would love for power Reaper to gain a massive boost and be raid worthy and has a place in the PvP meta. However, barring perma-evade mirage, most players time their immunities when they see Death Spiral coming or see you enter shroud in general. As such, you can't expect to be passively immune to a form of damage. I, like many others, have often cried out for Shroud-specific utility skills and one of them to be an invulnerability (become spectral: you cannot take nor deal damage but you do not lose lifeforce for the duration of the skill, 3s).

@arenta.2953 said:

how about we reduce the shroud decline rate (Aka how much shroud hp is lost per secound even without enemy hitting you)

and a Knockdown or Stun at the end of that Death charge and its a deal..... the animation is too slow the enemy will fall a sleep before deaths charge reaches them from 1200 at least make it worth it..

Well, you can use the worm to tp... But yeah, Necro is very hampered at extreme ranges, but it's its counter, so i don't mind.I do agree that Death Charge should have a longer range.When i played Reaper i took Spectral Grasp to pull people from extreme range towards me. In fact if you're a reaper that's kind of a must-have skill imo.

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

and a Knockdown or Stun at the end of that Death charge and its a deal..... the animation is too slow the enemy will fall a sleep before deaths charge reaches them from 1200 at least make it worth it..

knockdown or stun would be a bit much (for a charge i mean)

the blind could be replaced with a 1/4 secound daze though (similar to thief pistol 4) for interrupt.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Well, you can use the worm to tp... But yeah, Necro is very hampered at extreme ranges, but it's its counter, so i don't mind.I do agree that Death Charge should have a longer range.When i played Reaper i took Spectral Grasp to pull people from extreme range towards me. In fact if you're a reaper that's kind of a must-have skill imo.

still not a cap closer.... and its countered by stability or dodge spam....its not just extreme range... reaper is countered even at mid ranges when you activate shroud or use GS.....

Reaper is the only melee class in this game that cant really catch up to anyone with melee weapons and abilities...its really pointless to design a melee class with this little mobility when everyone else is getting bloated with it....

@"arenta.2953" said:how about we reduce the shroud decline rate (Aka how much shroud hp is lost per secound even without enemy hitting you)

Irony, right? It's extremely rare that changes are undone, regardless of how good for the overall health of the game this would be, for this would imply incompetence. The Around-the-Houses™ design methodology forbids directly correcting your own mistakes.

Archived