Authenticator code is always expired.

A friend of me has now the problem that she can't log into the game anymore. She has 2 Accounts and only one of them is secured (the one with Heart of Thorns, the unsecured one is a free-to-play account) with a authenticator app. She didn't log into the game for a long time and now suddenly in both accounts she is asked for that code and no matter what she does, she get always the message that the code is expired.

I have no clue if i could log in, i stopped playing this game over 1 year ago.

So one account didn't have an authenticator attached to it and now it does? Chances are both account have been hacked, with a new authenticator added to them. It means someone either had access to the account's email or had enough information to phish support.

Authenticators are a simple calculation based on the system clock, so not much can go wrong. Ensure the system clock is accurate.

If you didn't add the Authenticator to your account then you need to contact support, I thought that the email one was the default one, but I may be wrong on that,

If you do have the Google Auth there was an issue,

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Authenticator-problem-expired-code

It has apparently been fixed by Anet, so you may have to contact support either way, in which case you may wait a few days, as they have a massive back log to get through.

If you get this long delays in authentication-emails it's most likely your email-provider causing this delay.On the server-side they like to use greylisting to prevent spam being sent to them and this can cause delay from 5 to 120min depending on how they configured their greylisting.For further information on this - just google 'email greylisting'

Archived