suggestion - shatterer breakbar

Its quite difficult to get no fly zone achievement on the shatterer as most people already have it and dont bother to use CC or jump pad to break the breakbar. Even on dedicated maps often half the people dont attempt it and just dps.

Id like to suggest that for each time the bar is broken during a shatterer fight, a bonus chest is rewarded to players. This would help incentivise people to take part in the breakbar mechanic and make sure new players can get the no fly zone achievement too.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:Its quite difficult to get no fly zone achievement on the shatterer as most people already have it and dont bother to use CC or jump pad to break the breakbar. Even on dedicated maps often half the people dont attempt it and just dps.

Id like to suggest that for each time the bar is broken during a shatterer fight, a bonus chest is rewarded to players. This would help incentivise people to take part in the breakbar mechanic and make sure new players can get the no fly zone achievement too.

I support this.

I have been in several organized maps for shatterer and had 0 issues with the breakbars, I do notice that lots and lots of powers aren't easy to see if they are good for breaking the breakbars; I say instead of making an extra chest for doing that mechanic, they should make an easier to see icon for powers that are good at doing CC breakbar damage.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:Its quite difficult to get no fly zone achievement on the shatterer as most people already have it and dont bother to use CC or jump pad to break the breakbar. Even on dedicated maps often half the people dont attempt it and just dps.

Most people do not have it. Even when people were focusing on it, there were still plenty of maps in which folks did not use CC properly. You want to look for an organized group (through LFG usually), same as applies to any other meta with complex requirements for success.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Most people do not have it. Even when people were focusing on it, there were still plenty of maps in which folks did not use CC properly. You want to look for an organized group (through LFG usually), same as applies to any other meta with complex requirements for success.

I look for an organised group in lfg every time it is up and im online. Even if I do get into one, 90% of the time it fails as there are too many random people who join and dont attempt the breakbar. I only have 14/20 on one account and 3/20 on the other.

I have even tried to lead groups and taxi people in specifically for this and the smash the dragon achievement but people either dont listen or dont care and ignore instructions to just dps at the safe spot every time.

• 3 years later...

Commenting on this old thread in the hopes of revitalizing it. I just looked on efficiency, and according to that, only 3.268% of players actually have this achievement complete. That's abysmal after 9 years of this meta existing. I'd love to get this one knocked off my list, but as stated by many above, no one is trying to get the achievement even when you have an "organized" map. Hopefully Anet will consider making some sort of modification... It's kinda annoying that they nerfed the CC special action key from IBS that made this pretty easy even in unorganized groups for a short time.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

Commenting on this old thread in the hopes of revitalizing it. I just looked on efficiency, and according to that, only 3.268% of players actually have this achievement complete. That's abysmal after 9 years of this meta existing. I'd love to get this one knocked off my list, but as stated by many above, no one is trying to get the achievement even when you have an "organized" map. Hopefully Anet will consider making some sort of modification... It's kinda annoying that they nerfed the CC special action key from IBS that made this pretty easy even in unorganized groups for a short time.

Best suggestion I have is to either find a guild that runs it regularly for achievements or to try when it's a daily and put together a group.  For example, there was a guild on the NA servers who would run it twice a week to help people get achievements...it was really helpful.  Even then people really had to be willing to follow directions and coordinate so wasn't always a guarantee.

12 hours ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

according to that, only 3.268% of players actually have this achievement complete.

Six years in game and I'm still somewhere in halfway to complete this achiv. Nobody's really doing it, because it's faster to just DPS the boss. Power creep is so out of control, that there is no point of CC.

There should be at least some reward for breaking the CC bar. That quick damage buff isn't enough to make people run back.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

I just looked on efficiency, and according to that, only 3.268% of players actually have this achievement complete. That's abysmal after 9 years of this meta existing.

Have you considered that plenty of people just don't care about achievements?

Personally I don't enjoy world bosses, and play this event maybe once a year. I know plenty of people that don't chase this kind of achievement, mostly because they play other game modes (wvw, pvp, instanced group content, ...).

Why exactly do you propose that the achievement should be made easier to get? Do you prefer challenge to be confined to instanced content? Do you prefer challenge to be exclusive to activities you have full control of yourself? Something else entirely?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I happened to be in the map this morning when Shatterer started. It wasn't a particularly organised map (beyond the fact someone tagged up) and no one asked for help with the achievement in map chat. However, someone dropped a portable waystation and I saw the bar broken both times it appeared. So on European servers anyway, it doesn't seem it should be so hard to complete the achievement. I got it soon after the event revamp, but ofc there was a bit more focus on it at that time because everyone needed it.