Power Ranking Threads

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

What started out on a reasonable level has now gone a little bonkers in the PvP Forum, and we're seeing power leveling threads taking up way too much of the conversation space.

What's the solution, guys? Make ONE thread per month, and you can post, quote others to respond (to keep the conversation trackable), etc.? Say "No thanks" to power ranking threads? Leave them, even if the number seems a little high?

Please tell me what you think, because this seems to be something that could get (may have gotten ;) ) out of hand.

if we had a good balance ppl would be soo bored out of their minds and spam the forums with power level rankings. probably.

also the power ranking is kinda useless since half of it are always the same ppl and the other half are basically guildies of the person who made the list. they are very subjectively and well if u wanna be on the list ... just have a big mouth, start streaming or whatever it takes to get some attention so ppl will notice u.

tldr: power rankings are a meme.

and ya i agree we had too much power rankings level spam this month. one per month is nice to just to keep the memes going.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Theres like 2 power ranking post on the front page. Are they really that big of a problem? Bigger then the bugs n balance post that are created day after day?

There where 8 of them on the front page yesterday.

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:There hasn't even been enough power ranking threads for there to be a power ranking of the power rank threads yet, I say we need more power ranking threads until we can properly power rank the threads itself.

Recursive power ranking is not allowed.

8 could be annoying...so i guess it be the job of the forum moderators to shuffle those 8 posts into one? Or a monthly thread created eaxh month like the gaile gray said?

To me those kind of posts are worthless and not worth my time to check at all. What is constructive about a ranking post? To me nothing, its to just to show off.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:What started out on a reasonable level has now gone a little bonkers in the PvP Forum, and we're seeing power leveling threads taking up way too much of the conversation space.

What's the solution, guys? Make ONE thread per month, and you can post, quote others to respond (to keep the conversation trackable), etc.? Say "No thanks" to power ranking threads? Leave them, even if the number seems a little high?

Please tell me what you think, because this seems to be something that could get (may have gotten ;) ) out of hand.

I think the power ranking threads are an effort to address problems. The most effective solution would be to take the threads into account.

The large number of threads is a symptom, not the root issue.

@Gaile Gray.6029 these so called power ranking posts have brought noting but very toxic and more salt to say the least . and do not add or offer to add any thing at all new to the game. or other wise at all

the power ranking threads have no merits of proof of any thing at all to this game including pvp . other than adding more toxic from both sides EU/ NA !! this is a video game after all and truth be told a lot of people do not like going to a forum and seen noting but POWER RANK THIS POWER RANK THAT TOPICS . it brings more saltiness' to the player base that the player base can do better off with less salt . have enough in the game as it is do not be needing to bring it to the forums . and giving prospective new players to the game a bad view of the game even before they buy the game .

much like another topic this reminds me fully of when the dps meter topics used to be posted . and we all know how that really brought out the salt to the forums . i like to hope this game is more in the mood to move far away as it can from salt in any way shape or forum .

for the betterment of the forums and game its self . i like to hope anet will put a end to these so called power rankings that mean noting at all !! as well as have no good purpose but to add more salt to the forums and game its self best/worse case ideas as well as make power ranking topics be infracted or banned if called for given case by case post and form rules .

these so called power ranking topic posts if they mean any thing at all . which they do not mean any thing but other than some one has been playing the game all day and all night long and needs some sleep .

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:What started out on a reasonable level has now gone a little bonkers in the PvP Forum, and we're seeing power leveling threads taking up way too much of the conversation space.

When the game becomes less balanced and entertaining, then most players naturally find other ways to fill the void. But speaking of getting out of hand, I'd argue that the overall communication from the devs to the players about anything concerning the game is more out of hand than the possibility of more than one similar threads on the forums taking up the "conversation space".

Countless

eh, i think more often balance patches would slow it down

people making threads over and over again cause the time between them has people worried that balance isn't coming

honestly...after playing deadeye....i kinda agree with them.....its easy to beleive balance isn't coming when a class like this exists (give it stability plz)

If they are going to start locking power ranking threads... then we need to systematically bump the legitimate, well thought out ones. Maybe its making an impact on consumer perception for potential buyers of the game. Good! This information should be available for potential buyers quitters.

I wont be satisfied until every class can beat every other class in a 1v1 consistently with enough skill.

And that meta builds not be so OP over other builds.

Hit em hard boys... hit em hard until they listen.

Hey Gaile Gray,

I would like for it to be left as it is because if there arent multiple Power Rankings lists how can i inform people of Anets monthly Power Rankings Power Rankings? Thats right, my ability to inform the popular of Anets monthly lists would perish at the cost of a few more forum whine threads on the front page. You need to understand doing this is a grave mistake as the power rankings power rankings are more important than any other post on the platform. Thanks

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:There hasn't even been enough power ranking threads for there to be a power ranking of the power rank threads yet, I say we need more power ranking threads until we can properly power rank the threads itself.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24211/the-december-power-rankings-power-rankings#latest

What are they ever based on? Unless someone can put some hard numbers to the choices, I dont want to see a single thread.As it is, it looks like some kind of popularity contest.The one before last, some terribad Ranger was mentioned for his RP efforts?

And the latest one mentioned ROM as a top Ranger. As much as I loved ROM- has he even been playing? smh

@Forsty.7968 said:

Hey Gaile Gray,

You need to understand doing this is a grave mistake as the power rankings power rankings are
more important than any other post on the platform
. Thanks

More important than any other post? AHAHAHA

m8 that's rich.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Hey Gaile Gray,

You need to understand doing this is a grave mistake as the power rankings power rankings are
more important than any other post on the platform
. Thanks

More important than any other post? AHAHAHA

m8 that's rich.

Just have a look at the post

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:@Gaile Gray.6029 these so called power ranking posts have brought noting but very toxic and more salt to say the least . and do not add or offer to add any thing at all new to the game. or other wise at all

the power ranking threads have no merits of proof of any thing at all to this game including pvp . other than adding more toxic from both sides EU/ NA !! this is a video game after all and truth be told a lot of people do not like going to a forum and seen noting but POWER RANK THIS POWER RANK THAT TOPICS . it brings more saltiness' to the player base that the player base can do better off with less salt . have enough in the game as it is do not be needing to bring it to the forums . and giving prospective new players to the game a bad view of the game even before they buy the game .

much like another topic this reminds me fully of when the dps meter topics used to be posted . and we all know how that really brought out the salt to the forums . i like to hope this game is more in the mood to move far away as it can from salt in any way shape or forum .

for the betterment of the forums and game its self . i like to hope anet will put a end to these so called power rankings that mean noting at all !! as well as have no good purpose but to add more salt to the forums and game its self best/worse case ideas as well as make power ranking topics be infracted or banned if called for given case by case post and form rules .

these so called power ranking topic posts if they mean any thing at all . which they do not mean any thing but other than some one has been playing the game all day and all night long and needs some sleep .

Than who created toxicity in the first place?

Are players to be blamed for being toxic when a company refuses to create a healthy competitive environment for them?

Are players to be blamed when it is Anet whose promoting toxicity by ignoring positive healthy feedbacks by the community?

• Power Ranking Threads may not be 100% accurate but it exposes the truth

• i agree it should not be spammable but either way; the Truth to the matter is, it must be exposed

The question to be asked is; what is Anet solution to address the Toxicity they created?

What steps Anet will take to promote healthy competitive environment for the well being of the game including its players?

Lastly, what assurance Anet will give us that they are in our best interest in turning this game around in a healthy positive way?

Archived