Why can't we side with Balthy

Ayakaru.6583

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I'm a warrior, Balthazar was my chosen god, I rather ride into armageddon with the trophy a' six dragon heads than kill the god I worship, to protect this prey.Al Jahai Balthazar! Our one true god! If I can't serve him in battle, the world may end just the same!P_TGYrkw.jpg

I was touched by Melandru. But as warrior, and a Human, I think it's disgusting what A net is doing.

Take need brothers and sisters, we have brought this on ourselves.

Peace with Charr.Worshipping and imposter Godess.Killing Elder Dragons (something I have been VOCAL ABOUT since launch because it made no sense)

We have strayed...

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:Well Anet has chosen the same story arch for all races now because reasons. Its not like different paths in the personal story mattered anyway. Besides that, lack of any quality story that we are going into, it really won't matter

Also being evil is bad

Explain what was evil about what he is doing.

For that matter explain why we kill someone for simply wanting to worship Dragon...as opposed to bear?

I think maybe you are the true evil.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:Well Anet has chosen the same story arch for all races now because reasons. Its not like different paths in the personal story mattered anyway. Besides that, lack of any quality story that we are going into, it really won't matter

Also being evil is bad

For that matter explain why we kill someone for simply wanting to worship Dragon...as opposed to bear?

being evil being bad was sarcasm. Be what ever you want in a game. But you have to follow anets rules

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

Also being evil is bad

being evil being bad was sarcasm. Be what ever you want in a game. But you have to follow anets rules

You know what? No. I'm not gonna fight Balthazar. When the story starts imma pick up a torch and help the forged!

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

Also being evil is bad

Here is how he is evil. He is stealing magic from the dragons against their will, even though he knows that the end result of his actions will destroy Tyria and many innocent people that live on it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I'm a warrior, Balthazar was my chosen god, I rather ride into armageddon with the trophy a' six dragon heads than kill the god I worship, to protect this prey.Al Jahai Balthazar! Our one true god! If I can't serve him in battle, the world may end just the same!P_TGYrkw.jpg

Balthazar worshiping Human Warrior here as well. FeelsBadMan.

I understand all your pains guys, it can be really tough, believe me.... i know.As a sylvari who conquered heart of thorns, it was hard that time- couldn't even look at another sylvari, friendship and family meant nothing anymore, scared to go back to the grove to see mother sobs ahem, sorry, sniff sniff.But don't worry, with time and love you will soon come to learn how to kill your fated master and triumph like us =).Remember, it's not about where your powers come from but how you use it =D.

I still wonder what the point to choosing gods since they do nothing to how character progression anymore not even effect to story.

I remember in early build each god I choose provide different elite abilities but later seem like they change those concept and give all power for player and even they keep original idea revenant seem to be only class that no benefit from choosing gods at all.

Dunno about all ya'll's craziness in wanting to join a god who's gone completely insane and no longer cares about your peoples life or well-being...

But I'll admit I am very, very curious as to why one of the most solid and reliable of humanities champions, the god of war, has decided to wholesale abandon his people and indeed the original "plan", whatever it was, for humanity in bringing us to Tyria.

Do the other gods disagree with Balthazar? Is this weird connection with the Elder Dragons place in the world with them in The All causing them to lose it since the cycle was supposed to be the Elder Dragons destroying the world?

How does it work now that we put Primordus and Jormag to sleep when they should be awake eating all the magic? Did we stop things from getting worse? Did we make it even worse? Did we already screw everything up by killing two of them?

And I mean since we killed the dragons of death and life, shouldn't it have been Grenth and Melandru who went nuts? Not that I wish that were the case either, but why Balthazar? According to Quaggans and the Druids, Melandru may have already been dead even before we killed Zhaitan, let alone Mordremoth.

As for Zhaitan in the personal story, we freed an actual Reaper of Grenth. He was happy to help us in our mission to kill Zhaitan and free Orr.

It's a real headscratcher. But regardless Balthazar's intentions are clear and they're malevolent. If we kill Kralkatorrik, the world is doomed for sure. We can't let that happen and he doesn't care. To what end will Balthazar seize power if the world is destroyed?

If indeed the human gods have decided to abandon this world, Tyria, why are the ones they brought here now also expendable? What was the purpose of bringing humanity here at all? Why go through the trouble if it's only personal power the gods are interested in?

Indeed, why are the other gods silent as Balthazar goes about his campaign? I mean where do we go from here? We're protecting Kralkatorrik now, but doesn't he want to destroy the world just the same? Queen Jennah once got in Kralkatorriks head, he's sentient I suppose. Would it be possible to reason with him? Do we zap him to sleep?

What's this about a weapon? So many questions...

And so Lyssa peered into the mists and beheld Tyria and saw that it was good. Lyssa spoke unto the other gods:

"Hey, there's a world here with lots of magic! Lets go there because we love magic! Oh, lets bring some of the... oh, what are they called? Humans? Yeah, lets bring some humans, we'll need someone to carry our things and mow our lawns and such. And you know, it's funny when they worship and fear us and stuff."

Balthazar is carving a swathe of death and destruction across the Crystal Desert and it's clear that he doesn't give a damn about anyone on this planet or even the planet itself. Mind you, why anyone ever thought the "god" of war (or indeed any of the other so called "gods") would care about people is beyond me. The other "gods" are probably long gone. I doubt Tyria was the first world they invaded. I'm sure it wasn't the last because they love magic and, apparently, humans are all to ready to worship any being with an above average light show and a suitably booming voice.

No, I'm with the Charr on this, "rely on iron, not false gods". Maybe the other "gods" will ex-machina for long enough to take Balthazar away after we kick his butt as I doubt the world will survive a "gods" death any more than it will another elder dragons death right now. If not we can trap him in some bloodstone equivalent.

This kinda sums up why I do not like the story in this game, we are being forced to go along with what the devs seems to think is cool instead of being able to create our own path and decide for ourselves what is cool. I grew up reading choose your own path books as a kid, maybe its ingrained in me to want that, all I know is this method of storytelling bores me to tears.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:This is not that kind of game. Here you can't go kill the padawans. No dark side for players here.

He goes around killing innocent people, he's evil. He has to go. Simple as that.

Sadly, some people just feel compelled to be evil. In my time encountering RPers and such, someone's always got to be Flame Legion or Nightmare Court or Largos just to be edgy and different.

So of course it's going to be the same with Balthazar, with the main difference being that some Humans may see a reason to follow Balthazar for being one of their revered deities.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:This is not that kind of game. Here you can't go kill the padawans. No dark side for players here.

He goes around killing innocent people, he's evil. He has to go. Simple as that.

Sadly, some people just feel compelled to be evil. In my time encountering RPers and such, someone's
always
got to be Flame Legion or Nightmare Court or Largos just to be edgy and different.

So of course it's going to be the same with Balthazar, with the main difference being that some Humans may see a reason to follow Balthazar for being one of their revered deities.

Being evil is fun, you know ?I want always to be the evil one because the heroes are mostly foolish children who don´t know how to fight or don´t know that it is necessary to sacrefice almost everything to reach your goal. Only evil knows best.

Btw, for everyone who wants to be a true evil being, I recommend to try out the game Overlord. The only game so far where you are the evil.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Sadly, some people just feel compelled to be evil. In my time encountering RPers and such, someone's
always
got to be Flame Legion or Nightmare Court or Largos just to be edgy and different.

Largos aren't the 'edgy, evil guys', but that aside.

Balthazar is not just evil. Balthazar is the embodiment of war, fighting, glory of the fray. As a warrior, touched by him, I feel it's not that farfetched to place Balthazar over the common people. Sure, killing innocent people isn't 'good' but from his point of view they're just critters in the way of a swining sword. He shouldn't be going out of his way to attack and destroy, unless they're on his path. It should be our duty to be by his side when he fights the greatest prey of all time: Kralkatorrik

Archived