[Suggestion] You Should Stay Mounted Loading Into Different Zones

Cobrakon.3108

I think you should stay mounted when loading into another area. It partially breaks the traveling continuity. Even though loading zones does this... loading us off our mounts further breaks continuity, but unlike the load process, hopefully there is an easy fix. If its an easy fix should it be implemented?

This is one of those fairly minor issues that would take probably take a LOT of coding to accommodate. The game doesn't remember an Engineer loading a map while holding a kit, etc. If you use mount hotkeys, this should not be any issue at all, because mounting in this game is instant (unlike other MMOs.....) Development time can be better spent elsewhere.

@"Mal.1670" said:This is one of those fairly minor issues that would take probably take a LOT of coding to accommodate. The game doesn't remember an Engineer loading a map while holding a kit, etc. If you use mount hotkeys, this should not be any issue at all, because mounting in this game is instant (unlike other MMOs.....) Development time can be better spent elsewhere.

That's why I said "if its an easy fix" I agree if it takes too long then it shouldn't be addressed at this point, but maybe somewhere down the road.

In some zones you can, in some other not... If not, press the key to mount again... Huh... Where is the problem? To lose half a second?Personally, I don't care. In the list of things that I would like to see fixed, this is certainly the one with the lowest priority. To be honest, it is not even on my list.

Although I'm not against it, I know this requires a ton of programming and coding as your character state is reset when you enter a new zone. This is cause upon entering a zone your character is technically created (the data of stats, looks, skins, etc are loaded and the model is generated on server the zone is running on). This is also why your mount sometimes isnt loaded yet when you mount directly after zoning.

Should you stay mounted? Sure. Is it likely to happen? No.If it were easy to maintain the various states, then we'd also keep minions, stacks of various (non-zone-specific) buffs (such as sigil charges), and so on.

And since we can assume it's not easy, it seems like a needless expense when there's such an easy, convenient, and cheap work around. There are lots of QoL issues I'd rank higher on the priority list.

Archived