What do I do in gw2 open world?

LaFurion.3167

Hello all. I have 80 of every class, my main is full ascended gear. When not in wvw or pvp, I do enjoy running around open world (core Tyra, Hot, and PoF. All the naps are cool).

I also got my gf into gw2. But apart from exploring map and working towards elite specs, what else is there to do? Maybe world bosses? Possibly map events if things arnt dead? I get that this game is a lot more goal oriented than most mmos but does anybody have any suggestions to keep myself and her engaged?

We're currently working on maxing out her raptor so she can get springer. We will work on griffon eventually, but I really felt the end of content after getting my griffon and am worried about this. Finish PoF story and get griffon, and for some reason the lws4 map just has no appeal to me.

Any bright ideas on what we can do? Ty!

First of all, very little in the game is "dead". There's often stuff going on at any time in LFG. Use a timer site like gw2timer.com. It'll tell you what's up at what time. It's a good start. Then learn to use LFG tool to get to the maps that are actively participating in that event. Once you start using a timer and the LFG tool a lot of the game opens up to you.

Plenty of stuff people are doing from the HOT metas,, to the meta events in the new zone to bounties in PoF.

Also consider joining a guild. Find the style of game you play and find a compatible guild. It can make a world of difference.

I'll be honest with you. No game will keep you occupied forever. There is a simple reason for it. content creation takes time. Arenanet is allready doing a marvelous job. The last living worold release had about 5-6 solid hours of playtime in them (story, achievements, raid, fractal, new events, new map). But it still takes 2 months to make it. Ones you have done it all, you can choose to stop playing for a while or repeat content. The later can be done with almost anything in mind. Crafting a legendary. Getting enough gold to max out a home instance. etc etc.

Once you have ticked off a number of your own personal goals (like griffon), dig deeper into some of the achievements which may give you an idea for your next goal. Collection achievements can be quite fun, like Mawdrey or the first few HoT legendaries, and get you to go through lots of open world content with a renewed focus.

@LaFurion.3167 said:Hello all. I have 80 of every class, my main is full ascended gear. When not in wvw or pvp, I do enjoy running around open world (core Tyra, Hot, and PoF. All the naps are cool).

I also got my gf into gw2. But apart from exploring map and working towards elite specs, what else is there to do? Maybe world bosses? Possibly map events if things arnt dead? I get that this game is a lot more goal oriented than most mmos but does anybody have any suggestions to keep myself and her engaged?

We're currently working on maxing out her raptor so she can get springer. We will work on griffon eventually, but I really felt the end of content after getting my griffon and am worried about this. Finish PoF story and get griffon, and for some reason the lws4 map just has no appeal to me.

Any bright ideas on what we can do? Ty!

As someone else suggested - dig into the achievements and pursue some of them. I'd suggest creating an account on gw2efficiency.com and plugging in your API key. The system on that site for strolling through achievements is much friendlier and will open your eyes to what's available, what you're actually close to completing, etc. There was a time when I was starting to get bored with GW2. Gw2efficiency led me to track down some achievements and kept me in the game until I found myself re-energized and ready to go do new content.

Like you, the new LWS4E1 map just doesn't seem to draw me to it. I've had fun there, I've participated in Palawadan, etc., I just can't seem to get as excited about them as I was for Season 3. I haven't even gotten together enough volatile magic to buy the home instance node.

You can also make goals for yourself. I took my ranger and decided to unlock all available pets, takes you all over the world. World bosses are a lot of fun and can give decent rewards, http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/. Meta events, and even just gathering supplies. I set a goal for myself a long time ago to collect 2000 of every resource, not even close but it gives me something to do while waiting on events, bosses or more LW content. There is also unlocking different skins, I have tried to unlock as many as possible, even though I am still using the exact same armor and weapon skin as I was using on launch day.

Open World has:

• Personal Story
  • Meta Events (mainly in SW and DT if you don't own expansions)
  • World boss chains
  • Champion trains (kind of in disuse, but still fun)
  • A ton of exploration and achievements (including stuff like scavenger hunts and collections)
  • Jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons
  • current events
  • Building a legendary weapon or Aurora
  • Living World Story with constantly added new chapters and maps (if you didn't unlock past episodes, farm the gold and buy them, they're pretty fun and add a lot of play time)

Aside from Open World in PvE you have:Fractals:

• Daily Tiered Fractals
  • Daily Recommended Fractals
  • Challenge Modes
  • Ad Infinitum Legendary
  • other collections and achievements
  • constantly added new fractals

Raids:

• New Ring (idk the name)
  • Legendary Armor
  • Lots of other goodies
  • achievements
  • constantly added new wings

I won't mention PvP, because you don't seem to be into it too much.

The true end-game is Fashion Wars, dude, believe me!Get some long-term goals (like legendary weapons), so you can do a bit if it everyday, look for achievments that rewards you nice gear (stats or skins).I mostly do spvp, but i still like to explore open-world a lot. I love to play HoT metas and PoF open-world quest chains, it's always fun and challenging events, with cool bosses at the end.

Archived