What is up with teleport valid path?

Rodzynald.5897

This is rather game mechanic issue but it bugs me a lot in PvP, not so much (not at all actually) in PvE. Back in 2017 I could teleport from that spot on the arena no sweat, now it appears that there is no correct path to the target. But that is just an example, what really makes me wonder are some situations happening in Khylo and Skyhammer the most (but on other maps it also happens as well).

S18KNZX.jpg

The story I will tell now is based on my own experiences.Usually when I want to get to mid point on Khylo from side point and judge's int is off cooldown, I take a target and teleport to it from different levels of height, down > up without any problems. There is no line of sight to the target but it works anyway. Now what happens next is an enemy running to cover behind a pillar (there are two of those on mid point FYI). Let's say I have judge's again and it works, teleports me to the guy just right.BUT!Here comes the funny part. Mansion, I hide behind the fountain to prepare the burst. I stand behind and when an enemy enters the point. BAM! No valid path to target. But hold up, I stand right behind it and our characters can even physicaly see each other so why can't I teleport?Next up, the water pipes and wall on Khylo. Someone stands on them, can't teleport up even if we see each other. Another map, same problem on Skyhammer. Someone jumps on a pillar or other platform on one of the 3 points. Can't teleport to them too.What is intriguing however, some of those issues do not apply to teleportations in which you have to choose where you want to land, like thief on shortbow or ele teleport. They can easily get to some of those locations, but teleports with target do not. I guess this is the part of spaghetti coding so it won't get fixed or changed but what I wish to know is if this is intended to work like that and why some obstacles are not labeled as invalid path but some are.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:All I see in this photo is a troll trying to sneak attack a player in the free for all arena from a relatively safe position. I wish they would remove the ledge and rocks there.

I agree remove the rocks and ledge there....people going there to exscape there death is disrespectful, disgraceful, and frustrating when zed runner starts to mock you after theyve gotten away.

The fact that some toons (thf, gaurd maybe a few others) can wall hack and teleport threw walls or up ledges is cheating in everyother game i know of. So dont complain when you cant do it on 1% of the rest of the world.

I feel thf and gaurd teleports are one of the biggest game braking skills in gw combat. Specially thf. They can jump bac n forth so many times and a decent thf can make it look like they have major lag issues and hitting them is near impossible then they jump in for a 10k backstab then immediately jump 600+ distance away. With no way to counter except to guess dodge. And when thathappens zed thf claims ur cheating. Why have such a glitchy looking skill mechanic? Its cool n different for sure, but since day 1 it always seemed to be broke to me.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:All I see in this photo is a troll trying to sneak attack a player in the free for all arena from a relatively safe position. I wish they would remove the ledge and rocks there.

I just used this photo as an example of the issue. I didn't even use the shield of wrath for the 1 shot combo. If you find an issue with that on a free for all arena then what can I say? It's your problem not mine.Though I agree that running away during combat to that spot is disgraceful and it should be removed or blocked, the same goes for two stone ledges under the edge of the arena.

Archived