Low CPU charge

Sloxiz.7192

Hi,

I'm playing for a while and i'm still getting bad fps in locations like fights in wvw or even LA.I've got an amd fx-8350 and a GTX 770 on win10, that, i assume, should easily run gw2 with greats graphics (not that high, of course). Main issue is my cpu/gpu not running more that 35% in game, i checked that through differents softwares, and gw2 is the only game it's happen, running the game around 30fps most of the time, while graphics options are less than 50% (as 100% is the highest quality).I've tried roughly everything: fresh install, unpark cpu, 32-64 bits client, drivers updated, lowest graphic quality..
Witcher 3 runs almost in highest at 50-60fps, as my cpu/gpu load perfectly.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

This is the expected performance with a fx 8350 and GW2, unfortunately.

The problem with the older AMD CPUs is that their single-thread performance is not very good. The overall performance of that CPU is distributed over 8 cores. But GW2 is able to use only about 3.5 cores as maximum, not more. So on a 4 core CPU like an Intel i5, GW2 uses 3.5 out of 4 cores. This is almost all power the CPU is able to provide: 3.5 / 4 100 = 87.5%, which is fine with about 10% left for the system. On the fx-8350 GW2 is able to use 3.5 cores out of 8 cores. This is 3.5 / 8 100 = 43,75% of the CPU. Over 50% of the CPU power cannot be not used by GW2. For GW2, it looks as if your CPU has half the performance of a similar powerful 4 core CPU.

Only the new AMD Ryzen CPUs have a single thread performance that is on par with the Intel CPUs. The older FX CPUs are lacking if it comes to GW2.

@Silmar Alech.4305 said:This is the expected performance with a fx 8350 and GW2, unfortunately.

The problem with the older AMD CPUs is that their single-thread performance is not very good. The overall performance of that CPU is distributed over 8 cores. But GW2 is able to use only about 3.5 cores as maximum, not more. So on a 4 core CPU like an Intel i5, GW2 uses 3.5 out of 4 cores. This is almost all power the CPU is able to provide: 3.5 / 4 100 = 87.5%, which is fine with about 10% left for the system. On the fx-8350 GW2 is able to use 3.5 cores out of 8 cores. This is 3.5 / 8 100 = 43,75% of the CPU. Over 50% of the CPU power cannot be not used by GW2. For GW2, it looks as if your CPU has half the performance of a similar powerful 4 core CPU.

Only the new AMD Ryzen CPUs have a single thread performance that is on par with the Intel CPUs. The older FX CPUs are lacking if it comes to GW2.

Thats bull,its not the expected performance of an 8350.Im running an Amd fx8120 at 4.6gh where my average fps is well over 70+ and only dipping below 30fps in 3 way blob fights in wvw,highest settings.

People really shouldnt say stuff like this when they obviously never owned an amd ( cores are all being used ) themselves and just go from benchmarks results online or what they read and what they hear from others.Op should be getting 60+ fps easily,theres smthing wrong with his settings,drivers w/e.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Silmar Alech.4305 said:This is the expected performance with a fx 8350 and GW2, unfortunately.

The problem with the older AMD CPUs is that their single-thread performance is not very good. The overall performance of that CPU is distributed over 8 cores. But GW2 is able to use only about 3.5 cores as maximum, not more. So on a 4 core CPU like an Intel i5, GW2 uses 3.5 out of 4 cores. This is almost all power the CPU is able to provide: 3.5 / 4
100 = 87.5%, which is fine with about 10% left for the system. On the fx-8350 GW2 is able to use 3.5 cores out of 8 cores. This is 3.5 / 8
100 = 43,75% of the CPU. Over 50% of the CPU power cannot be not used by GW2. For GW2, it looks as if your CPU has half the performance of a similar powerful 4 core CPU.

Thats bull,its not the expected performance of an 8350.Im running an Amd fx8120 at 4.6gh where my average fps is well over 70+ and only dipping below 30fps in 3 way blob fights in wvw,highest settings.

People really shouldnt say stuff like this when they obviously never owned an amd ( cores are all being used ) themselves and just go from benchmarks results online or what they read and what they hear from others.Op should be getting 60+ fps easily,theres smthing wrong with his settings,drivers w/e.

Everyone gets low framerates in big fights/LA/etc, especially if you don't turn down high-impact settings (Character model limit, character model quality, shadows, reflections, etc). In the open world you should be able to do pretty all right, but if you're looking out at a lot of stuff or there are a lot of people/mobs around your framerate is going to go down.

It makes sense that you're not seeing super high load on your CPU, but I would expect more out of your GPU

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Op should be getting 60+ fps easily,theres smthing wrong with his settings,drivers w/e.

lots of peeps checked my settings and my drivers are all updated :/

@Fermi.2409 said:Everyone gets low framerates in big fights/LA/etc, especially if you don't turn down high-impact settings

It makes sense that you're not seeing super high load on your CPU, but I would expect more out of your GPU

i do turn down high impact settings

so no one would know how i can fix that and improve the load of my cpu in gw2 ??

As someone who owned an FX 6300 and has see the FX 8350 in use in GW2, the OP is getting about normal. Sadly the FX 8350 lost single core performance compared to the slightly older FX 8120, the same with the FX 6300. I upgraded to the Ryzen 1600x and can say the performance is better, but since I run VSync always I cap my FPS at 60., if I turn it off I tap upwards of 90 but end up with horrible screen tearing.

Archived