Are the other races getting new makeover options soon?

Chasind.3128

It's been awhile since the other races have gotten any love when it comes to hairstyles/ good faces that aren't reskins. I have gems waiting specifically for the update of new cosmetics when it comes to faces/hairstyles.Also, anet- recycle GW1 human hairstyles for humans. There are ALOT to choose from and they look amazing (specifically dervish hair/ prophecies necromancer/ mesmer)My favorite gemstore event are the new face/ hair additions.

PoF's plot revolves around the Crystal Desert, where the only playable race is human. With its RL-African themes and inspirations, ANet created assets for the new NPCs. At that point it had a choice:

• Offer the same assets for players (at low additional cost)
  • Don't offer the assets (at no cost)

Does anyone want to argue that it would have been better to go with the second choice so that it was "fair" to the other four playable races?

In contrast, HoT took us to an extension of the Maguuma Jungle, with the same RL themes and inspirations, and so they did not create new assets, for any of the relevant playable races. (They did create assets for non-playable races.)

Would the game be more fun with more choices for character looks than just hair & eye color? Absolutely. Should it be a priority of the design team or are there other issues more important for the game, such as working on assets for new maps and the next expansion?

I'd totally be down for some completely new hairstyle and face options for the other races. They can coincide with PoF's African/Vabbi theme with the other races for sure. I have so many hair kits just itching to be used but that won't be for awhile probably another year. Or they won't come out at all and will retain the sub par hairstyle that are already offered and pat themselves on the back with what they have out for us now.

Archived