Anyone seen an issue with DC missing and charging through scourges?

mulzi.8273

The last few days I have this issue. When I'm fighting any class other than scourge, I can drop a well, pop shroud and then death charge into my target. However, every scourge I have fought the last few days (lost count how many, >10 though), my death charge goes through the scourge, and i go flying past/through them without even hitting them once. I've only seen it occur against scourges. I assume its do to some syncing issue with a skill they are using, but i cannot figure it out. The scourge doesn't move erratically, nor pop their teleport, and are not in desert shroud.

I've fought warriors, thieves, regular necros, mesmers, eles, today, and never seen this issue. But with almost every scourge i've fought, i cannot land DC, and i go flying through them. Anyone else seen this?

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Happened to me too in the video in my siggy at the 5min 28 sec mark.Charged at a mesmer but went right through him.Seems to usually happen if the opponent used a movement related skill at the same moment as your charge.Do you think it's because the servers have a hard time pinpointing both players at that time? So it thinks you missed?

@Svarty.8019 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Happened to me too in the video in my siggy at the 5min 28 sec mark.Charged at a mesmer but went right through him.Seems to usually happen if the opponent used a movement related skill at the same moment as your charge.Do you think it's because the servers have a hard time pinpointing both players at that time? So it thinks you missed?

Possibly. It might be due to lag or delays and stuff like that which gives the server the wrong location. For myself, as I experience some delay and lag, usually almost all my classes movement related skills don't reach the opponent. For eg my warrior great sword rush or bulls charge or headbutt mostly doesn't hit the opponent even though he looks within range to me. I'm not well versed in the game mechanics though so it's just my guess.

@Svarty.8019 said:

No it's entirely related to terrain, target's vector, and the way that DC's animation works.

First off most charge skills have overshoot issues when used on a downward incline, and also have overshoot issues when used against targets clipping into your hitbox.DC however has a unique issue in that it's animation time is always the same regardless of the range it's target is at. Using DC against a target at melee range will take the same amount of time as using DC against a foe at 600 range. This behavior is presumably to allow all of DC's strikes to occur regardless of range, however this behavior causes problems when used against moving foes because DC only target's the foe's position when DC is initially casted, thus you get locked into that position for the duration of the animation even if the foe has moved to a different position.

To add on to some of the other comments about issues with Death's Charge, the targetting can also be affected if you're spamming the key to cast it as soon as you drop into Shroud (though this may just be an issue for those with high ping.

For example, if you're using scepter and go to drop into shroud to use DC immediately, your game may still present the targeting indicator for Grasping Dead and then subsequently cause your DC to move toward where said targeting indicator was relative to you. This can cause you to go sideways, not as far as intended or even backward depending on where your cursor was on the screen.

Archived