make pvp great again!

MarkoNS.3261

I actually think 1v1 is a good idea. I think then people will know how good or bad they actually are compared with what skill they think they have. Also good way to test builds, rather than doing it in ranked, which is what a lot of people do. But If I had to choose I would rather they added a long overdue build loadout saver. I'm sure once they figured out how to monetarise it they'll add it.

• 2 weeks later...

1v1 would heavily restrict the list of available, viable builds. Builds and play-styles that are essential under a team context will likely become useless - no support, no bunker, no hypermobility. It would just become a shitfest of Scourges and classes with high spike, burst damage like Mesmer.

I like this idea, a 1v1 mode would certainly keep things interesting. If I had a choice between 1v1 and 2v2 modes though, I would opt for the latter. Duels are already available in custom games and you can easily hop in and start duelling some decent players. 2v2s are harder to come by and they are a lot of fun! I think if it had its own game mode it would encourage people to team up with a buddy and practice pvp together, which generate more interest overall and retain veteran players. As far as I know the devs are already working on this, they just need to make it happen!!

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:bellow my skill level

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are matched with you because their MMR is similar to yours. Certainly the odd "outsider" is sometimes present but you have the same chance as your opposition to get this. Do you imagine everyone "above your skill level" rolls their eyes or curses when they see you in their team?

1v1 is a great idea but not ranked and there is always the opportunity to make custom arenas. In addition, I believe there is still the option to create a full team of you an all your friends in unranked so there is that.

If you disagree with all my comments so far, you could always go via the tried and tested method of playing better and moving into higher tiers to avoid those "below your skill level".

Just leave the subject, things wont change. PvP always sucked in GW2, even after Anet eSport dreams crashed and burned, they didn't change anything.The PvP team IMO has no clue what their doing and never had any clue about what should be done for PvP.Its a real shame. (Just to answer the question on "How would you solve its?", Build templates, GW1's RA and TA should be introduced, and we need a option to queue for multiple game types).

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:bellow my skill level

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are matched with you because their MMR is similar to yours. Certainly the odd "outsider" is sometimes present but you have the same chance as your opposition to get this. Do you imagine everyone "above your skill level" rolls their eyes or curses when they see you in their team?

1v1 is a great idea but not ranked and there is always the opportunity to make custom arenas. In addition, I believe there is still the option to create a full team of you an all your friends in unranked so there is that.

If you disagree with all my comments so far, you could always go via the tried and tested method of playing better and moving into higher tiers to avoid those "below your skill level".

any team play depends on luck lets asume those 4 people are at my skill level, who is to say one or more of them wont randomly afk or do stupid stuff or not listen to chat or just not care about winning. why leave this to rng ? 1v1 ranked all the way like almost every other game has.

@"Ragmon.6350" said:Just leave the subject, things wont change. PvP always sucked in GW2, even after Anet eSport dreams crashed and burned, they didn't change anything.The PvP team IMO has no clue what their doing and never had any clue about what should be done for PvP.Its a real shame. (Just to answer the question on "How would you solve its?", Build templates, GW1's RA and TA should be introduced, and we need a option to queue for multiple game types).

gw2 would be much better if they copy the gw1 systems, guild would be better with alliance system, pvp would be better, i mean seriously their old game is superior in almost every way.

Archived