Please make infinite vendor and trading post like the infinite bank. (no npc)

Trae.2384

It's pretty annoying to see a vendor or trading post npc and you go out of your way to use it and cant even click it open. I own both and feel like a douche every time i use it in a populated area watching multiple people go out of their way to come click on my vendor that wont open. Then as if that wasnt annoying enough, when someone uses theirs that means I cant even use mine in that vicinity, it seems like such lazy development. Why would they not be like the infinite bank where no npc is spawned that way no one gets trolled. I cant imagine this would be too time consuming to fix and not a single person would complain, win win.

@"nottsgman.8206" said:either what you suggest or make them like the non-perma ones and allow everyone to interact with them, not just the owner of the thing.

Oh yeah totally that would be the ideal option. I figured they intentionally went with the "only the owner can use it" system on the infinite ones so I dont want them to have to go overboard but yeah that would certainly be my first choice as well.

@nottsgman.8206 said:either what you suggest or make them like the non-perma ones and allow everyone to interact with them, not just the owner of the thing.

I'd like that very much. It would give my permanent merchant an additional use (for e.g. events like the Labyrinth during Halloween) even though I also have the Tarrktun Portal. Currently I only use the permanent merch on alts when running out of gathering tools.

Also, I feel terrible watching new players running towards my permanent TP or merch (sometimes traveling quite some distance to get to them), just to find out they can't interact with it. Why the NPCs are even visible on the map for others the way they work right now is beyond me.

@Rayti.6531 said:Also, I feel terrible watching new players running towards my permanent TP or merch (sometimes traveling quite some distance to get to them), just to find out they can't interact with it. Why the NPCs are even visible on the map for others the way they work right now is beyond me.

LOL yes it's so funny because I couldnt wait to get the infinite contracts and then once I started using them I felt guilty every time I summon one because I know im about to troll someone or many people and it makes me feel like a dick. Theres times where I actually need to use mine and ill hop into wvw to summon it, I know its silly, i bought the thing so I should use it at will, but I just feel bad watching ppl flock to it and it just spins in all directions as everyone clicks it. Not to mention it screws everyone else in that area from using any of theirs. Very odd development on there, I guess it was just a quick way to do it for them although how hard would it be to make it like the infinite use bank.

@sorudo.9054 said:i would actually want to see the NPC, anyone who doesn't have any of them wants to use them and if you have one you should not feel bad.think about it, you're helping ppl, are we in a time now where helping ppl is seen as a bad thing?

The point is it helps no one. The permanent ones can't be interacted with by other players, and yet does spawn an NPC that makes it look like they should be able to use it. It would be nice if they fix that, but if they won't it would be better if nothing spawns at all, is what the OP is trying to say.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i would actually want to see the NPC, anyone who doesn't have any of them wants to use them and if you have one you should not feel bad.think about it, you're helping ppl, are we in a time now where helping ppl is seen as a bad thing?

The point is it helps no one. The
permanent
ones can't be interacted with by other players, and yet
does
spawn an NPC that makes it look like they should be able to use it. It would be nice if they fix that, but if they won't it would be better if nothing spawns at all, is what the OP is trying to say.

everyone should be able to use it, it's just to selfish when something spawns but is useless to others.

@sorudo.9054 said:

The point is it helps no one. The
permanent
ones can't be interacted with by other players, and yet
does
spawn an NPC that makes it look like they should be able to use it. It would be nice if they fix that, but if they won't it would be better if nothing spawns at all, is what the OP is trying to say.

everyone should be able to use it, it's just to selfish when something spawns but is useless to others.

Agree that would be the better solution of the two, and so does the OP. Seeing as that is not how it currently works, however, I would rather it only open a window and spawns NO NPCs than spawn one others can't use, much the way the permanent bank contract does. That way other people would still have the option of spawning the one time use but usable by everyone NPCs... as it sits now, perm contracts spawn an NPC that only the spawner can use, and then NO ONE ELSE can spawn another one within a certain pretty large radius of the "selfish" npc spawn.

I didn't realise until now that this is why sometimes I can interact with TP/Merchant NPCs other players have spawned and sometimes I can't. I thought it was a bug or I was remembering wrong and you have to be in the same squad/party to use them.

I agree it would make more sense for the infinite ones to not produce an NPC unless other players are supposed to be able to access it. Especially since it's infinite so it's not like there's a problem if you close it and then realise you need to open it again.

I also sympathise with the people who feel they need to go (literally) of their way to use these. Not that I have either, but I have the same problem with the banker golem from the Deluxe edition. I once started a new character I knew was going to be temporary so I used the golem right away (literally at the spot new characters spawn) to get a level 20 scroll, and after closing the menus I found some poor newbie trying to access it and asking in chat why they didn't have a bank and whether they had to buy it from the gem store. Since then I always make sure to go to some out of the way spot around the corner before spawning it, at least within the starter instance.

Perhaps someone should post it as a bug one way or the other, and see what kind of response they get(if they get one) from ArenaNet. Because personally, if I had one and spawned it and no one else could use it...I'd have reported it as a bug, either spawning an NPC in the first place and/or not allowing anyone else to use it(of course I could see the reason for not letting others use it, then why would they want to get one...except that not everyone spawns them where you can see them).

@"NaramSin.2693" said:Bad game design , I agree, a total nonsense, I understand that is easy to recycle a pattern you still have programmed in the game but at least make it puiblic

Exactly and they already have both versions of what we propose "programmed" or however it works I mean the one time use npc model would be ideal but the bank model would be fine as well if they wanted the infinite one to be personal.. Its as if they put extra work into making an npc unclickable which makes no sense. I would love to know the reasoning of why they made an npc spawn that isnt clickable for anyone else AND prevents others from using both vendor and trading post in a huge radius.

That would be a nice change. If I have to use it it would be nice to benefit other people as well. Would also be nice to have some kind of way of combining the 250+ ones I have into a permanent one in the mystic forge or something. Or have an item that builds up charges freeing bank space. I know it isn’t likely that many will have countless bank spaces of full stacks of summons or merchants but from a long term perspective getting them from fractals and dailies saving them up to combine them into a permanent one would be a nice change from just shelving them for what if I need this later situations.

Archived