builds for pve ele halp

deadman.6490

Elementalist is generally not supposed to take hits, especially in berserker gear.For one - make sure you have at least all exotic gear, it makes a difference. Then it depends on the weapon. Staff is in all meta builds, but a bit tricky solo as it mostly relies on target to be static. My suggestion is to try dagger/dagger or sword/dagger if you are a weaver and learn how to dodge and kill before you are killed. If you still die a lot try to switch some gear to include vitality/toughness until you figure it out, or use water/earth traitlines to survive for longer. Learn to utilize combo fields for healing, might and fury. For ranged you can use scepter, it is easier to use against moving targets.

I feel you man! Always wanted to play staff ele but i keep dying...At some point i just leave metabattle (worst at everyday, right?) and started build crafting.As @Shoridan.2569 said above the first step is to put water/ earth traitline. After that you can get some defensive stats in your gear too. If you don't want to drop the DPS too much you can get Marauder over Berserker. But I am currently running full Celestial gear, and i think it's perfect. You get a bit of every stats, the thoughness for meleeing when overloading, the healing power to drop some massive heals and all the offensive stats too. It's nice to have Sigil of Bloodlust on your weapon (it's 250 extra power).

The build is:

Water - 1/1/3Air - 1/2/2Tempest - 1/3/2

Utilities are Glyph of Storms, Armor of Earth and Eye of the Storm (wich i only use in HoT and PoF content). After using this build i could drop Rebound as elite skill and i'm using Glyph of Elements wich is extremely usefull for breaking bars, interrupting key enemies while you're healing or just for DPS boost while attuned to fire.

Test this build and tell me what you think. I just die using this build when i think i have time to drop meteor shower while the mobs are hitting me hard, the cast time is big and sometimes i don't have time to heal, lol.I'm still learning all the possible combos for the infinite amount of fields, but i'm having some really fun times with Ele now ;)

Tip 1: You can cast Armor of Earth while droping Meteor Shower. It's instant cast, grants you stability (so you can deal the full DPS of meteor shower) and protection (so you can take some hits and then heal).

Tip 2: Fresh Air trait will recharge your Air attunement when you critically hit, so you can spam Overload Air a lot. Just overload air, switch to Fire, hit something (you'll probly be under the effects of Fury, so critical hits won't be a problem) then switch to Air again and overload. Repeat, endless DPS.

Tip 3: Using staff as weapon you'll be droping a lot of fields and taking advantage of them is key to survive and deal serious DPS. When you attune to water remember to always drop a field (skill #3 or #5) then blast (skill #2) them.

@Malafaia.8903 said:I feel you man! Always wanted to play staff ele but i keep dying...At some point i just leave metabattle (worst at everyday, right?) and started build crafting.As @Shoridan.2569 said above the first step is to put water/ earth traitline. After that you can get some defensive stats in your gear too. If you don't want to drop the DPS too much you can get Marauder over Berserker. But I am currently running full Celestial gear, and i think it's perfect. You get a bit of every stats, the thoughness for meleeing when overloading, the healing power to drop some massive heals and all the offensive stats too. It's nice to have Sigil of Bloodlust on your weapon (it's 250 extra power).

The build is:

Water - 1/1/3Air - 1/2/2Tempest - 1/3/2

Utilities are Glyph of Storms, Armor of Earth and Eye of the Storm (wich i only use in HoT and PoF content). After using this build i could drop Rebound as elite skill and i'm using Glyph of Elements wich is extremely usefull for breaking bars, interrupting key enemies while you're healing or just for DPS boost while attuned to fire.

Test this build and tell me what you think. I just die using this build when i think i have time to drop meteor shower while the mobs are hitting me hard, the cast time is big and sometimes i don't have time to heal, lol.I'm still learning all the possible combos for the infinite amount of fields, but i'm having some really fun times with Ele now ;)

Tip 1: You can cast Armor of Earth while droping Meteor Shower. It's instant cast, grants you stability (so you can deal the full DPS of meteor shower) and protection (so you can take some hits and then heal).

Tip 2: Fresh Air trait will recharge your Air attunement when you critically hit, so you can spam Overload Air a lot. Just overload air, switch to Fire, hit something (you'll probly be under the effects of Fury, so critical hits won't be a problem) then switch to Air again and overload. Repeat, endless DPS.

Tip 3: Using staff as weapon you'll be droping a lot of fields and taking advantage of them is key to survive and deal serious DPS. When you attune to water remember to always drop a field (skill #3 or #5) then blast (skill #2) them.

I always found staff play too static, and always preferred the dynamic dagger style. Weaver's sword flows even more IMO. Of course they have the disadvantage of short range or strict melee (sword).I can also suggest trying a condi/hybrid build, it is easier to stack more defensive stats or even go full celestial and benefit from it.I also found arcane traitline to be awesome, especially with weaver. The amount of buffs you can stack just from attunement changing is amazing.

My best advice is try to change weapons and traitlines first to see what you are comfortable with. If you need more tuning only then change gear stats, as this is where it starts getting expensive.

Archived