Wish anet would help fix ranked toxicity and the pvp community

Ziggityzog.7389

During the season more so, but even during the off season in ranked it feels as tho all the PvE reward hunters, bots, match manipulators, and afks (pve players and match manipulators) plus a horde of f2p players who learned how to play in hotjoin ruin ranked play. Things can be fixed but anet refuses to actually fix the pvp community and ban / toss out the players bringing it down.

i got t2 plat in season 5-8 now and plat or legendary in seasons 1-4 but since mid season 5 i have mostly played unranked where the not so toxic players are. I'm not a reward hunter or title hunter I play pvp for my enemy's tears mmmm yummies. Anet either needs to take rewards from PvP away and just make it about PvP only or start punishing the players that bring it down.

I agree that this game needs a more drastical approach when it comes to violating rules in their different game modes. People that manipulate games or using hacks/cheats or throw matches or keep using foul language need to be penalized quicker and the penalties should be a lot more drastic.I wish Anet would put out bans on a more regular basis. You get some days for your first violation of the ToS and a clear warning that another violation will get you a lifetime ban from that game mode (at least for cheats/hacks and match manipulation).For other violations there should be a less strict penalty system with a three strikes rule or something.

Anet's credibility (what was left of it) got tossed into the toilet as soon as they let banned players just buy new accounts when telling the community that these player's mains and alts had permanent dishonor. Their focus is clearly on the new expansion, they gave PvP a few updates and besides the odd "balance" patches before a new season, I think SPvP is on the back burner for a while.

@ibThuggin.1758 said:Anet's credibility (what was left of it) got tossed into the toilet as soon as they let banned players just buy new accounts when telling the community that these player's mains and alts had permanent dishonor. Their focus is clearly on the new expansion, they gave PvP a few updates and besides the odd "balance" patches before a new season, I think SPvP is on the back burner for a while.

Yeah the focus for 3 years has been expansion and very little PvP support if any. They have let the community turn toxic and made it unworth the time to go for ranked

I would like to see the dishonor treated differently. if someone gets dishonor for messing a match up, they wasted 4 people's time. IMO they should be forced to play 4 games in unranked without incident before they can queue in ranked again. The other thing is there needs to be a better system for detecting players that are idle. I've had ranked matches where someone never got out of the spawn.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@ibThuggin.1758 said:Anet's credibility (what was left of it) got tossed into the toilet as soon as they let banned players just buy new accounts when telling the community that these player's mains and alts had permanent dishonor. Their focus is clearly on the new expansion, they gave PvP a few updates and besides the odd "balance" patches before a new season, I think SPvP is on the back burner for a while.

Yeah the focus for 3 years has been expansion and very little PvP support if any. They have let the community turn toxic and made it unworth the time to go for ranked

Mostly because when they demonstated a PvP focus, you continuously complained then as well. Why continue focusing on an aspect when you will still refuse to be happy about anything?

People in unranked are not toxic because it's not ranked. However, I really wonder why GW2 pvp is so free of any kind of punishment except for dishonor?

As for post above. It can be abused, but it would take a bunch of coordinated people just to ban that one dude. It sounds scary, but it doesn't work because most people just don't care to ban based on being salty. Automated report-based bans work in many games such as Rainbow Six, and people do not abuse it because its not worth it.

@Rodzynald.5897 said:People in unranked are not toxic because it's not ranked. However, I really wonder why GW2 pvp is so free of any kind of punishment except for dishonor?

As for post above. It can be abused, but it would take a bunch of coordinated people just to ban that one dude. It sounds scary, but it doesn't work because most people just don't care to ban based on being salty. Automated report-based bans work in many games such as Rainbow Six, and people do not abuse it because its not worth it.

As ranked's only solo/duo, it'd be rather hard to abuse. I'd like to se something like this too. It's almost like GW1 had it or something.. oh wait, it did Anet just has dementia.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Mostly because when they demonstated a PvP focus, you continuously complained then as well. Why continue focusing on an aspect when you will still refuse to be happy about anything?

Wait I complained when they actually tried to fix PvP? I'll have to go back and remember that magical made up moment. So far since HoT drop the devs haven't put much effort into pvp.

"Oh hey here is another circle dancing map. Oh wait you don't want that? Here is a random 2v2 map and updated courtyard" but then let both die in hotjoin without a chance at life.

Yeah they tried.... Lol

Unfortunately being toxic comes with competitive gaming... I fall into it myself... it's especially bad when you've got someone on YOUR team who is railing on you from before the start of the match. I don't want to block them because sometimes in a match having that communication line open is can mean winning or losing. That said, if one of those players is tilted... having a bad day and decide to go off on you (people particularly like going after the thief no matter what's actually going on) what do you do? Do you block and miss when he/she makes an actual good call? Do you turn off all chat and just hope for the best? Or do you say "dude, here's your warning, more play less type or you can eat the loss?" Or if you're playing and someone is actually, really truly hindering your team (and it's not you...cause face it you're likely in the same tier...unless it's the last week) what do you do? Do you spend the rest of the match berating them, telling them they are worthless and that they should stop playing...then getting angry when they listen? Do you try to give them constructive advice in the middle of the match (which is likely to come off offensive since it's typed)? If they're already having a hard time you're just making the situation worse. How is anet supposed to fix that? Is it even possible? Honestly if they manage to crack that code then they'll rake in billions as they'd be the first multiplayer competitive game in history to do so. In some ways it makes me wish we could 5 man queue again... even though that has it's own issues. At least then I know my teammates, and their playstyles and they know mine. If a match goes south people understand we were just outplayed a match and will make it up.

@Chapell.1346 said:Down where i am, people on the same team as mine are communicating much more than i expect which am shocked and neverexpected that kind of behavior. I maxed out my diamond chest on 92 games of played.

It shouldn't be shocking... good communication wins games. Toxic communication usually equals a loss.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Rodzynald.5897 said:People in unranked are not toxic because it's not ranked. However, I really wonder why GW2 pvp is so free of any kind of punishment except for dishonor?

As ranked's only solo/duo, it'd be rather hard to abuse. I'd like to se something like this too. It's almost like GW1 had it or something.. oh wait, it did Anet just has dementia.

Na they don't have dementia, but the balance team definitely got head hunted from the short bus:

Balance Team

@ibThuggin.1758 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Na they don't have dementia, but the balance team definitely got head hunted from the short bus:

Well...to be more accurate. They had 5 man queue, and people weren't happy with that... so they changed it... and people aren't happy with that either... GW2 folks are hard to please and it's harder when adjusting something 10 percent or more in one direction...while taking another classes skill 10 percent more in the opposite direction because then you end up with a larger gap between skills... but if you adjust them too slowly people don't see the difference. Plus it can wreck havoc on a class in unexpected ways.

@Link.1049 said:

@ibThuggin.1758 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Well...to be more accurate. They had 5 man queue, and people weren't happy with that... so they changed it... and people aren't happy with that either... GW2 folks are hard to please and it's harder when adjusting something 10 percent or more in one direction...while taking another classes skill 10 percent more in the opposite direction because then you end up with a larger gap between skills... but if you adjust them too slowly people don't see the difference. Plus it can wreck havoc on a class in unexpected ways.

I agree if you go too overboard one way or another it'll really affect the balance, but for them to not patch in and fix completely unbalanced specs and think that's OK is beyond me. There are so many useless traits (and certain utility skills) pretty much across the board with core specs. If they buffed those up and tweaked some of he stupid ones a bit, you would see some more build diversity overall and "slightly" less complaining around here. 5 man teams should never be in a queue with solo players period. That's just basic game design 101 for pretty much every single competitive game on the market. I get it, this game isn't competitive at all, then ANet should just take the ranked play out entirely and be done with that rotten game mode. It's just full of toxicity anyways with know it all meta battle sheeple and elitist dip shits, match manipulators and smurfing in the higher tiers. I realize they'll never do that so they could at least just remove duo queue from ranked play because it's been a complete failure (like their ESL scene). Want 5 man queue do AT's, other then that if you want to 2vs2 they already implemented that although they crapped in the bed for that as well. Rank should be solo queue only after this season, and screw putting up another community poll that can be manipulated like everything else around here. Finally, tweak the MMR system to account for the small population in SPvP and get rid of that stupid 50/50 algorithm that basically sets you up in completely unwinnable matches because nobody likes to lose to blow out matches and it's happening way too much. I'd rather wait a few more extra minutes for a match that's more fun then having your team give up all the time because you are completely outmatched. Would also be nice if they started to crack the whip a bit more and keep their word when it comes to players being banned.

TDLR:

Tweak the MMR systemImprove the underwhelming traits/utilities across all professions5 man queue should only be in AT'sSolo queue only for rankedDuos should be left for community tournaments using the 2vs2 map ANet implemented a few months agoGrow a pair and start to enforce bad behavior in ranked / match manipulating / breaking the ToS and actually stick by what you originally intended to do for players who break the rules instead of giving the community some bs PR spin and back pedaling on everything

Archived