What do YOU want out of the upcoming class balance patch?

Riba.3271

Now as we all know, PvP season is starting on tuesday meaning there will be a balance patch to nerf some things.

As background information: you guys most likely dont spend much time on PvP forums but there is definitely lot of QQ about scourge, support firebrand and condi mirage. So we will most likely see nerfs to 2 of those.

What do YOU want to see?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scourge need to become more mage like then the melee monster that they are now. Less self barrier maybe more support barrier for others.Firebrand dose not seem bad for big groups but it may over do it for burst dmg.Weaver gets too much crit dmg + but not enofe utitly.Spellbraker Winds of disenchantment may be a bit too much.Mirage to much condi dmg as burst not enofe as dps.Dead eye to much condi dmg as burst not enofe as dps.Souldbeast its support stances are lacking not self support.Holomaser no ideal.Renegade no ideal.

Over all condi dmg still to burst like and the classes who can use it like this are still way to tankly for the dmg out put. Burst is ok from condi dmg but having the dmg and being crazy hard to kill is to much in a setting like wvw.

I want anet to look at their damage stats, usage statsI and the use of macros.I want a balance patch based on facts and comparisons, with anet sharing their reasons for changes and what skill they compare and benchmark.I want skill and trait exploits looked at rather than accidentally nerfing all users -I want increased build diversity.I want anet to put in a 2 day window ecto free in the mystic forge so if I have to do a complete rebuild because I'm nerfed I atleast dont have to pay for every piece of asc armor.I don't want anet to base balance patches on a vocal minority plugging for their profession or against whoever they lost to last.

I think;

1. damage needs to be toned down across the board,
  2. all the PoF classes seem to be overtuned, they should get extra tone-down,

But ... I maintain that effectively nothing useful will be done. Cryptic Around-the-Houses™ alterations will take place in order to surprise and "delight" players via radical and bizarre new changes that don't actually target the issues that we face.

Problems will persist because they never get directly addressed.So what I want out of the upcoming class balance patch is for Arenanet to address problems DIRECTLY.

@Miko.4158 said:I want anet to look at their damage stats, usage statsI and the use of macros.I want a balance patch based on facts and comparisons, with anet sharing their reasons for changes and what skill they compare and benchmark.I want skill and trait exploits looked at rather than accidentally nerfing all users -I want increased build diversity.

This is a great post, Miko. I think you're absolutely on the ball with the use of macros, but they don't do anything about hardware macros, fancy mice with a hundred buttons you can just faceroll over etc. FRANKLY, macros should be legalised.

I want balance.

Nerf scourges AoE I win buttonNerf Mesmer/chrono/Mirage condi and elusive mindNerf Firebrand healingNerf Warrior Passiveness in healing and defense

Buff weaver sword damageBuff Revenant and Renegade, Nerf The Hammer!

For the most part the condition meta in WvW has been fixed when it comes to roaming, except that Mesmer, Chrono and Mirage still have WAY too much condition bursting AND Sustain. Its Burst level of conditions with WAY too long duration. Needs to be high stacks and low duration or low stacks and long duration. Not both. Scourge does need to be tweaked as its still insane in group and zerg fights. Not as bad when 1 Vs 1 but in groups and zergs with several of them (or more...) and its a nightmare.

Firebrand has WAY too much Healing. This and Druid i think need a SELF healing nerf. I dont mind them being strong healers for others but they need their self healing toned down as they do have other defenses they can use, Druid in particular with stealth, mobility and their pet. Warrior (especially Spellbreaker...) need their defense toned down, they just have too much bunker and dont really sacrifice anything to get it as they can go FULL zerk gear and still have high Amour and high health and have too much active and pasisve based defense that lets them heal WAY too much health, not so bad for classes with unblockable attacks. Not so good for those that dont.

For WvW:Nerf the hammer dmg from revNerf all one shot buildsNerf the shit out of disengaging and running away abilities from all classesNerf mirage condi and elusive mindNerf the perfect survival rotation from rangers, who can also dish out a tons of dmg at the same timeNerf stealthNerf all passive defense abilities from all classesNerf warrior's autosustain

For sPVP:Nerf scourge aoeNerf firebrand healFix mesmer portal, broken since 2012, like being at two places at the same time

General:Buff toughness and vitalityGive pvp some sort of anti crit statsReduce CC time if the player receives too many in a short frame

Would like to see 1-2 of the Scourge shade skills become boon strips instead of boon corrupts.

I am all for the boon hate, but this would allow for reducing boons with a decrease on condi application.

Also, I hope there is no nerf hammer. I hope there are continued incremental tweaks to condi and some of the power skills. Small tweaks keep builds from being destroyed, and may help to tone things down.

What do i want...

well.

1. Dead eye change . one of the followinga. Pulsing Stability when Kneeling (one stability per 3 secounds. similar to engineer's flamethrower)b. Piercing for Rifle (auto attack at minimum)c. a 3rd evade bar when kneeling

not saying all of those, but one or 2 would be REALLY nice.Also, considering that currently deadeye has ONE source of stability....aka dagger storm....it would be REALLY NICE to get an ACTUAL VIABLE SOURCE OF STABILITY.

1. give rifle the longbow's falloff bonus range. because in WvW 1500 when you in a tower or keep is extremely short range. but works wodners for longbow due to its extra range

2. Reaper change: make Reaper's Shroud 2 skill charge 900-1000. just so it can get into melee easier considering the class is all about melee.

3. Make Healing (or toughness) give condition dmg resist. right now there is no real counter to condition spam, and cleansing yourself will only result in more stacks. i'd prefer toughness to have it due to the "tank" theme. but seeing as how healing is little used, and it would be unique for builds. Healing stat is viable as well (might make the stat appealing)

4. as an alternative to #4. give classes more sources of condition removal. some classes like Thief have...remarkably few due to skills removing only specific conditions. Ranger's Survival skills are amazing in this regard, with 2 condition removals and give fury for all survival skills.

****if #5 or #4 is not done, then nerf Scourge.

1. Nerf Spellbreaker's elite skill. either reducing its duration, its radius, or increasing its interval time (1 buff remove per secound?)

2. buff Soulbeast's Melee dmg (key word. melee. not ranged. )

and yeah...thats it for me.

I hate to say this, I really do, but, honestly at this point, I have no idea what would make things better, the horrible balance this game has in regards to PvP, derived from being a PvE based game with PvP components, coupled with games like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall coming out, I really don't see how GW2's WvW will survive, without some kind of major overhaul to whole system.

@STIHL.2489 said:I hate to say this, I really do, but, honestly at this point, I have no idea what would make things better, the horrible balance this game has in regards to PvP, derived from being a PvE based game with PvP components, coupled with games like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall coming out, I really don't see how GW2's WvW will survive, without some kind of major overhaul to whole system.

CU has been “coming out” For 6 years now? Yeah it might be DBA, Crowfall seems to be on track though so at least something my come of it.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I hate to say this, I really do, but, honestly at this point, I have no idea what would make things better, the horrible balance this game has in regards to PvP, derived from being a PvE based game with PvP components, coupled with games like Camelot Unchained and Crowfall coming out, I really don't see how GW2's WvW will survive, without some kind of major overhaul to whole system.

CU has been “coming out” For 6 years now? Yeah it might be DBA, Crowfall seems to be on track though so at least something my come of it.

Crowfall is slated to come out this year.

All the over represented specs, like scourge, mirage, firebrand and hammer revenant and core guardian need significant toning down. 5-10 % adjustment or adding just 1-2 second to cool down won't be enough. Spellbreaker is only meta thanks to its elite, greatsword, shield and related traits. Any slight nerfs will be enough for spellbreaker. The medium armor professions have never been much of a problem, except the time when thieves were broken for roaming (right now I don't see deadeyes as much of a problem, I would instead consider a well-played daredevil still more powerful spec).

The meta has been dreadful, crazy condi bombs, but also massive direct damage bursts (e.g. from power mirage). HoT made the meta worse and PoF was yet another step towards more power creep.

Trying to lift the under performing specs to the same level as the overpowered ones is simply too much work. The only sensible choice is to give us more toned down meta. This doesn't mean we need to scrap the specs for pve. Pve and WvWvW skills and traits can be split.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Kirnale.5914 said:Nerf warrior's autosustain

So... that one trait that gives 4s of immunity to physical damage every 60s (or 2s in pvp), and that other trait that gives 5s of pulsing stab every 40s? Because those are the only two autosustains, and including the stab trait is generous.

Healing signet is also part of autosustain.

Archived