Can't play with my GF because server is full. What to do?

Hi! I've been a long time casual gamer, joining a bunch of years ago on a server which I heard was the most populated with players from my home country. I've been on and off the game since then, but now that my GF has fall in love with the game we think of getting seriously into it together. However, we cannot get her to register her account on my server because it says it's full.

What should we do? Could it be that since we have yet to buy her the full game, she gets a sort of "low priority" in terms of joining servers? We're waiting to buy the full game because it's not that funny if we still couldn't WvWvW together. Would a server's population fluctuate during these weeks? Or is the only solution to pay even more to get a transfer for me to a less populated server?

When getting a payed account, you do not get a free transer. P4F (Play for free) accounts have equal rights on a server and when you turn an account from free to payed, you stay on the server your selected when P4F.

You can have a world transfer in three ways1: start a total new account2: delete all your characters (store anything of value in your bank) and have a free world transfer (you loose your birthday present progress as well)3: Pay the fee (up to 1800 gems)

A full world is full and there is no way to transfer to a full world when it is full. As said by IC, when WvW resets, there is the biggest chance on having your desired world become less full.

Your best option is to both transfer to a world that is not full using one of the methods mentioned above. I would suggest your girlfriend using the delete characters option and you using a payed trransfer. You can also aquire the gems with gold. Currently it would cost 190 gold to transfer to a medium world.

This is a bummer. She just registered her account, no characters created yet; she just played on mine for a lil bit to see what was going on. Even if I'm a filthy casual, I don't want to delete my characters! During these years I spent a lot of gems in cosmetics and I currently have 3 capped & equipped characters with almost all HoT masteries unlocked (we wanted to do all PoF together before getting our asses kicked on WvWvW). But having to spend even more money to get a transfer just so I can play with her really irks me. We'll se at reset if something changes, otherwise we'll just stick to the games we're already playing together. Thank you for your help!

I bought the game way before it went free, and I don't have any server transfer. I can't seem to check that page's history, only the first draft and the latest edit. NVM, I was looking in the wrong place :bleep_bloop: In past years, I didn't have any problems getting friends to join me in my server, but now I'm getting the vibe that it will never become un-full.

Possibly stupid question: You ARE aware that you can play almost any content (especially PvE, which includes PoF) together even if you are on different servers? AFAIK the server is ONLY relevant for WvW. So you could go ahead playing together and put off the different server issue to the future - who knows how long the love of your GF stays warm? ;)

@Kay Hude.2910 said:Possibly stupid question: You ARE aware that you can play almost any content (especially PvE, which includes PoF) together even if you are on different servers? AFAIK the server is ONLY relevant for WvW. So you could go ahead playing together and put off the different server issue to the future - who knows how long the love of your GF stays warm? ;)

He did say:

@adamspecial.9472 said:We're waiting to buy the full game because it's not that funny if we still couldn't WvWvW together.

So it is clearly about WvW.

If you're not willing to wait until your server's WvW population dips (which could be the next time they adjust populations or it could be in a several months), then the only solution is for you to choose a lower population server that both you and your girlfriend can choose.

UNLESS your server has some servers that are linked to it. Then what I would do is wait for the next switch and have your girlfriend choose one of the linked servers which are probably not full. Then you've at least got a few months of WvW play together before you would have to worry about being separated - and maybe your server actually opens up during that time.

Archived