where do you get these armors from? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

where do you get these armors from?

So running into survival issues on my Ele and after reading up on build options I see gear like Viper, Celestial, and Marauder mentioned. So I pull up the auction house and those dont exist. Where do I get them from?

Comments

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Crafting, pretty much.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• @Oglaf.1074 said:
    Crafting, pretty much.

so basically unobtainable right now since I have 50 gold to my name lol.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:
    Crafting, pretty much.

so basically unobtainable right now since I have 50 gold to my name lol.

What do you need those stats for exactly? There are probably viable non-HoT stat combos that would work just as well for you until you can get the others.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭

Do not craft exotic Viper, totally not worth it and it won't get you any survival. Marauder is cheaper but it aim for power build good survival tbh, both required HoT and
    they are account bount stats. I suggest Carrion (condi) with mix of sinister (craft) or anything u like for beginner, for power idk :)

MEH !!!

• Fluffball.8307Fluffball.8307 Member ✭✭✭✭

Stat sets are mostly just for convenience. You can easily mix and match things to get the stats you want. For example if you want marauder, use mostly berserker with a couple valkyrie pieces. Or soldiers, or knights or whatever the heck you want.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats - Somewhat confusing at first but extremely useful Wiki page that lets you know all the options for obtaining each stat combination.

Celestial must be crafted because it's account bound on acquire and it's somewhat expensive and difficult to get because you need Charged Quartz which needs 25 Quartz crystals for each Charged Crystal and you can only make 1 Charged Crystal per day. (If you want to go for it I recommend buying Quartz now because it's relatively cheap after Wintersday.

Viper's and Maurauder are HoT exclusive so you have to own that expansion to be able to get them at all, and can either craft them or get them from some dropped pieces/collections/achievement rewards in the expansion. Crafting them is relatively expensive compared to normal 3-stat combos, but probably not as bad as Celestial.

I strongly recommend talking to some people about your build or looking up guides to Ele builds first, because it'd be terrible to spend time and money crafting a whole new set of exotics only to find it doesn't really help you at all. Celestial might help, because it gives a boost to all your stats including the defensive ones and IMO it's a good choice for eles who are regularly switching attunements. But I'm no expert on builds so I could be wrong. Viper and Marauder are unlikely to help your survival because they're mainly offensive sets.

@Fluffball.8307 said:
    Stat sets are mostly just for convenience. You can easily mix and match things to get the stats you want. For example if you want marauder, use mostly berserker with a couple valkyrie pieces. Or soldiers, or knights or whatever the heck you want.

This is really good advice. You can get pretty close to most of the 4-stat sets by using a mix of 3-stat gear, and it'll be a lot cheaper. It can also allow you to tweak the numbers a bit more to get exactly the combination you want.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.