Holosmith rotation question in pvp

Anthony.7260

Hi i have a question about holosmith.

I notice most people spam autos when they finish using 3 and 4 and 5.

I like to spam 2 a lot. That 1500- 3000 leap crit attack hits hard and has like a 2 second coldown.

I rarely ever press 1 or 4 i just use barrier stab and the knock back and spam leaps.

I feel like i do so much damage i can.down fire brands scourges and dps wvw lords fast. I also explode camps fast.

Any one use a different rotation ? I also use maurader gear.

There aren't rotations in pvp, autoattack is in photon forge is the main source of dps.Usually is recommended to open up with 3 to have that stability and don't have any risk of being interrupted while doing your burst.After that it depends, if your enemy has stability and you use skill 5 you just wasted a good interrupt for nothing, that's why there aren't rotations in pvp; each skill must be used when it's needed ans effective and not as part of a standard always the same rotation.

Ok sorry let me rephrase - what's the best damage you can do in holosmith in pvp ?

I feel like holosmith is boring easy and lame - stealth charge in 3 4 and 5 if no stab and spam 2 and 1 and spam more 2 and 4. If they are not dead you die or run away.

I try to pump max damage in pvp but i think 1 is a waste of heat and damage. The autos are bad i think.

@Anthony.7260 said:Ok sorry let me rephrase - what's the best damage you can do in holosmith in pvp ?

I feel like holosmith is boring easy and lame - stealth charge in 3 4 and 5 if no stab and spam 2 and 1 and spam more 2 and 4. If they are not dead you die or run away.

I try to pump max damage in pvp but i think 1 is a waste of heat and damage. The autos are bad i think.

Your argument is a fairly poor one,It applies to all professionsIf you land a full rotation odds are your enemy will die regardless of profession

@Anthony.7260 said:Ok sorry let me rephrase - what's the best damage you can do in holosmith in pvp ?

Actually, the auto on 1 is really good -- the third strike double hits, making it potentially more damaging than the other skills. The downside, of course, is it doesn't have any utility to it. It's just a regular attack.

go into holo and Use 3-5-4-AA till Cool down on 3 appears. When close to reheating after using 3 swap to Rifle and use 3-4 on rifle after they are knock back freely use your beam from you're elite.

Chances are they are most likely dead way before that but in a perfect world where you don't need to dodge and you land a full combo on someone that's what you would like to land on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived