Share your necro (solo) roaming experience with me ^^

JustDemons.4358

All right guys,im roaming a lot since two years now and i actually never have felt sooo weak. i basically lose against everything. in 2016 i had like a 50% winrate in 1v1s. right now i flat out lose 90% of them. i usually run power reaper, sometimes power core for the lulz and i actually started condi reaper to see how the big tri nerfes work out for me. with condi reaper i cant even solo a tower lord anymore! it is that bad now! Anet does not even allow me to win pve in wvw xDDDDD. After i decided to not cry when i roamed the last time on my condi reaper, i actually rofl'ed my a.. off of how bad and weak i felt.

But back to power specs. i get face rolled by everthing right now... holosmiths are a huge pain for me and i think i havent won a single fight since pof release. Mesmers warriors rangers and (good) thiefs like u should know too are always an almost impossible mission. recently i even got facerolled by eles who outsustain my entire power burst... they literally heal up agaisnt it and more or less slowly poke u down.

in conclusion my best bets to at least pretend to be a threat to enemy are etiher full shout power reaper or a core condi terrormancer so i can at least win something.

in other words the only fights i win is against new players (max low bronze rank) or ppl who usually never roam but zerg i suppose. But i dont want this thread to be just another qq thread of how bad necros are and instead want to have some exchange of experience here. So let me know how u experience the roaming game right now and lets laugh or cry (or both) together.

So we are talking about 1v1 encounters and not about Reaper's non existent disengage mechanics when outnumbered, okay?

Nothing has changed in 1v1s for Power Reaper.

The only builds I have a negative K/D ratio are:

• Double Endure Pain Core Warrior who just facetanks and destroys me for 8 seconds (this will be fixed when PvP Endure Pain is applied to WvW too)
  • Condi Mirage with invulnerable illusions because I can not avoid the confusion application (normally my Spiteful Spirit counterburst would destroy all illusions)
  • D/D Full Dire/TB Condi Thieves who are just too tanky for their amount of evades (this will never get fixed I guess - attacking while evading is generally bad design)

Everything else depends

• either on my build (don't try to fight a Daredevil with GS! - if you win this, it's the ultimate proof your oppoent sucks at the game) or
  • my positioning (don't try to fight a Power Soulbeast or Bunker Druid in open field! - you can't win this if he does not go afk in the middle of the fight)

With the right build I have no problems killing Spellbreakers, Scourges, Power Shatter Mesmers, Power Thieves, Fresh Air Eles, Dragon Hunters, Condi or Bunker Firebrands, Holos, Power Shiros ...

But I am saying this for years now: Demolisher Stats in WvW would make life a lot easier for Power Reapers.

My view of solo roaming was to run with a single build with minimal changes that was capable of going toe to toe with most of the other meta builds out there without too significant drawbacks in random impromptu one on one encounters.To me, the era that made it possible to roam with a single viable build was towards the end of HOT and before the nerfs in POF.The loss of the 7 seconds traited shroud was the most terrible blow imo.

Right now, as KrHome mentioned, with the right build, we can still take on other classes and have a good chance to win.But to me, the emphasis is on "with the right build" and it goes against my roaming ideology of a single build with minimal changes.After all, if I'm going to have to change up my builds depending on who I encounter while roaming that day, then it feels more like prepared dueling and not so much the random free roaming spirit that I very much prefer.

I rarely solo roam these days and instead duo/group roam with friends on a tankier but equally bursty Reaper version using the standard shout runes build which is pretty fun and we like taking on outnumbered fights. Unfortunately, Scourge still outperforms Reaper for outnumbered group fights as the condi spam catches most people out.

The main issue: you can choose between condicleanse or stunbreaks/ anti power dmg.

If you dont know, what opponent is coming. You will die 90% of the time.

If you know, what you are playing against i think there is a 40% chance of winning. But thats a joke if you compare it to other classes.

Any opponent, that know what kiting is. Well you immediatly loose to him. Cause necro is an immobile piece of shit.

Oh and staff on power reaper sux. And its not good against thiefes. They will just evade+steal and all your beatiful marks will hit nothing.Well i guess that works against bad players. But im speaking of same skilllevel.

And for same skilllevel (okayish skill or above) you will loose most of your fights as a necro.

I really hope there will be a balance patch today, that makes necro a better solo fighter.

Right now, he needs support pretty badly but offers zero support.

@JustDemons.4358 said:All right guys,im roaming a lot since two years now and i actually never have felt sooo weak. i basically lose against everything. in 2016 i had like a 50% winrate in 1v1s. right now i flat out lose 90% of them. i usually run power reaper, sometimes power core for the lulz and i actually started condi reaper to see how the big tri nerfes work out for me. with condi reaper i cant even solo a tower lord anymore! it is that bad now! Anet does not even allow me to win pve in wvw xDDDDD. After i decided to not cry when i roamed the last time on my condi reaper, i actually rofl'ed my a.. off of how bad and weak i felt.

But back to power specs. i get face rolled by everthing right now... holosmiths are a huge pain for me and i think i havent won a single fight since pof release. Mesmers warriors rangers and (good) thiefs like u should know too are always an almost impossible mission. recently i even got facerolled by eles who outsustain my entire power burst... they literally heal up agaisnt it and more or less slowly poke u down.

in conclusion my best bets to at least pretend to be a threat to enemy are etiher full shout power reaper or a core condi terrormancer so i can at least win something.

in other words the only fights i win is against new players (max low bronze rank) or ppl who usually never roam but zerg i suppose. But i dont want this thread to be just another qq thread of how bad necros are and instead want to have some exchange of experience here. So let me know how u experience the roaming game right now and lets laugh or cry (or both) together.

May I ask what builds you are running ?Holos for example shouldnt be a problem on reaper at all. Sure reaper got weaker since mid HoT, but its still fairly decent and counters alot of builds.

@KrHome.1920 said:So we are talking about 1v1 encounters and not about Reaper's non existent disengage mechanics when outnumbered, okay?

Nothing has changed in 1v1s for Power Reaper.

The only builds I have a negative K/D ratio are:

• Double Endure Pain Core Warrior who just facetanks and destroys me for 8 seconds (this will be fixed when PvP Endure Pain is applied to WvW too)
  • Condi Mirage with invulnerable illusions because I can not avoid the confusion application (normally my Spiteful Spirit counterburst would destroy all illusions)
  • D/D Full Dire/TB Condi Thieves who are just too tanky for their amount of evades (this will never get fixed I guess - attacking while evading is generally bad design)

Everything else depends

• either on my build (don't try to fight a Daredevil with GS! - if you win this, it's the ultimate proof your oppoent sucks at the game) or
  • my positioning (don't try to fight a Power Soulbeast or Bunker Druid in open field! - you can't win this if he does not go afk in the middle of the fight)

With the right build I have no problems killing Spellbreakers, Scourges, Power Shatter Mesmers, Power Thieves, Fresh Air Eles, Dragon Hunters, Condi or Bunker Firebrands, Holos, Power Shiros ...

But I am saying this for years now: Demolisher Stats in WvW would make life a lot easier for Power Reapers.

except for power shatter mirage and holos from your list i can kill the others aswell. i have surprisingly high winratre against scourges as power reaper... altho i have to assume that most scourges you see right now are not good at roaming/1v1 with them. we all know that scourges counter power reaper very hard.

@Nimon.7840 said:The main issue: you can choose between condicleanse or stunbreaks/ anti power dmg.

If you dont know, what opponent is coming. You will die 90% of the time.

If you know, what you are playing against i think there is a 40% chance of winning. But thats a joke if you compare it to other classes.

Any opponent, that know what kiting is. Well you immediatly loose to him. Cause necro is an immobile piece of kitten.

Oh and staff on power reaper sux. And its not good against thiefes. They will just evade+steal and all your beatiful marks will hit nothing.Well i guess that works against bad players. But im speaking of same skilllevel.

And for same skilllevel (okayish skill or above) you will loose most of your fights as a necro.

I really hope there will be a balance patch today, that makes necro a better solo fighter.

Right now, he needs support pretty badly but offers zero support.

in the pvp forums a dev stated today we wont get a patch and instead getting it mid pvp season so i expect smth in february. @staff agiants thiefs marks are best used to mark there shadow step position.. but yea in general i get so much cc'd from venoms or pistol #4 that i sometimes cant even xcast a single spell. damn you 3/4sec cast timers on almost every necro skill xD

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@JustDemons.4358 said:All right guys,im roaming a lot since two years now and i actually never have felt sooo weak. i basically lose against everything. in 2016 i had like a 50% winrate in 1v1s. right now i flat out lose 90% of them. i usually run power reaper, sometimes power core for the lulz and i actually started condi reaper to see how the big tri nerfes work out for me. with condi reaper i cant even solo a tower lord anymore!
it is that bad now
!
Anet does not even allow me to win pve in wvw
xDDDDD. After i decided to not cry when i roamed the last time on my condi reaper, i actually rofl'ed my a.. off of how bad and weak i felt.

May I ask what builds you are running ?Holos for example shouldnt be a problem on reaper at all. Sure reaper got weaker since mid HoT, but its still fairly decent and counters alot of builds.

i usually run sort of a standard reaper GS, Axe/Xspite: bot-top-botsoul reaping: bot-mid-midreaper: mid-mid-top (sustain variant)

but the reaper option does not seem as viable anymore since there are more invulns (holo has 2 omgomg) and even mor kiting and cleanses that means ur oponent doestn even get hit in reaper form or has not chills on it. thats why i use reaper mid-bot-bot to have a higher burst.i am also experienceing with blood maigc and death magic and replace spite with them.. they are great against condi builds and overall increase your survivabilty.

power mesmers killing you in 1/2 sec out of stealth is one thing and we dont have to get into detail for that i think.. its luck dependent of weather u can dodge the burst that has no telling.

But i am really curious how u guys beat any decent holo... 2 invulns and tons of mobility + a brust that exceeds the brust of a power reaper just looks plain stupid and unfair to me. i know that i have to avoid the spells when they go into their form. but when i am actually able to force out his dodges and 2 invulns they just jump away and reset. i have NO clue how u kill any holo really

@Nimon.7840 said:If you cant dodge the cc of the holo. You wont do anything against him. Cause cc +2 skills and you are down

oh yea thats actually a good start for me.. i actually forgot to say that i often get triple cc'ed or some stuff at the start of the fight. still then i feel usually when u want to win as power necro u have to heavily outplay your oponent meaning that your skill level should be higher. hmhm

@Nimon.7840 said:> I really hope there will be a balance patch today, that makes necro a better solo fighter.Nope, a Dev stated in the PvP forum that there won't be a balance patch today.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:My view of solo roaming was to run with a single build with minimal changes that was capable of going toe to toe with most of the other meta builds out there without too significant drawbacks in random impromptu one on one encounters.To me, the era that made it possible to roam with a single viable build was towards the end of HOT and before the nerfs in POF.The loss of the 7 seconds traited shroud was the most terrible blow imo.I sign that. This is not possible anymore and the main reason is Speed of Shadows. You now have to modify your build significantly for different encounters to survive the shroud cooldown. That sucks - esp. since we are immobile - we can't even disengage to change the build.

@JustDemons.4358 said:power mesmers killing you in 1/2 sec out of stealth is one thing and we dont have to get into detail for that i think.. its luck dependent of weather u can dodge the burst that has no telling.Power Mesmers are easy. The Mesmer has to be above your skill level to defeat you on Power Reaper. Run Full Marauder, shroudtank the burst (if it even hits you as you kill the illusions on entering shroud), than pressure him with Focus5, Axe2, Axe Auto. In general: watch Distorsion uptime and don't waste key skills into his Distorsion.

And the burst has telling - way more telling than a Thief burst.

@JustDemons.4358 said:

@JustDemons.4358 said:All right guys,im roaming a lot since two years now and i actually never have felt sooo weak. i basically lose against everything. in 2016 i had like a 50% winrate in 1v1s. right now i flat out lose 90% of them. i usually run power reaper, sometimes power core for the lulz and i actually started condi reaper to see how the big tri nerfes work out for me. with condi reaper i cant even solo a tower lord anymore!
it is that bad now
!
Anet does not even allow me to win pve in wvw
xDDDDD. After i decided to not cry when i roamed the last time on my condi reaper, i actually rofl'ed my a.. off of how bad and weak i felt.

i usually run sort of a standard reaper GS, Axe/Xspite: bot-top-botsoul reaping: bot-mid-midreaper: mid-mid-top (sustain variant)

but the reaper option does not seem as viable anymore since there are more invulns (holo has 2 omgomg) and even mor kiting and cleanses that means ur oponent doestn even get hit in reaper form or has not chills on it. thats why i use reaper mid-bot-bot to have a higher burst.i am also experienceing with blood maigc and death magic and replace spite with them.. they are great against condi builds and overall increase your survivabilty.

power mesmers killing you in 1/2 sec out of stealth is one thing and we dont have to get into detail for that i think.. its luck dependent of weather u can dodge the burst that has no telling.

But i am really curious how u guys beat any decent holo... 2 invulns and tons of mobility + a brust that exceeds the brust of a power reaper just looks plain stupid and unfair to me. i know that i have to avoid the spells when they go into their form. but when i am actually able to force out his dodges and 2 invulns they just jump away and reset. i have NO clue how u kill any holo really

Id still go with chilling victory/blighters in reaper since it fuels lf gain.Try popping s armor + shroud when they try to burst you while in "melee" range and use spiral to outdps them. If you are duelling one in pvp for example use zerker/strenght - theyll drop in seconds into elixir. You can easily force their dodge by timing high cooldown skills like ds5, gs 2/3 or ult shout to hit exactly when invul runs out.Regarding the traits ... Death magic isnt a viable option 95% of the time, while blood magic can be good - id rather drop soul reaping for it rather than spite.Oh also try curses over sr in some matchups for extra boon corrupt when you are reaper.--> Instead of dodging every cc try packing 2 or even 3 stunbreaks to dodge their combo.

Power Mirages are a bid harder now, since facetanking them with shroud doesnt work that well anymore. It basically comes down to who can pressure the other one down more quickly.

@JustDemons.4358 said:power mesmers killing you in 1/2 sec out of stealth is one thing and we dont have to get into detail for that i think.. its luck dependent of weather u can dodge the burst that has no telling.Power Mesmers are easy. The Mesmer has to be above your skill level to defeat you on Power Reaper. Run Full Marauder, shroudtank the burst (if it even hits you as you kill the illusions on entering shroud), than pressure him with Focus5, Axe2, Axe Auto. In general: watch Distorsion uptime and don't waste key skills into his Distorsion.

And the burst has telling - way more telling than a Thief burst.

you are actually the first one saying power mirages are easy to kill, how do you even go into shroud when they come out of stealth... but i try to focuss on killing the clones the next time, ty for that info.

@JustDemons.4358 said:you are actually the first one saying power mirages are easy to kill, how do you even go into shroud when they come out of stealth... but i try to focuss on killing the clones the next time, ty for that info.There is a sound and an animation when a mesmer sets up his burst. Create a PvP Mesmer and do the combo in HotM by yourself. Just prepare to press F1 if you see him go to stealth. 1/2s reaction time is enough then to almost nullify his impact.

Spiteful Spirit on Full Marauder with Strengh or Scholar Rune instakills illusions in 600 range.

I mentioned that already in another thread: Don't waste burst capability for sustain through bad traitlines like Death or Blood.

Spite is a must! (Chill of Death, Vulnerability, Might generation, Spiteful Spirit)Reaper is a must! (esp. Chilling Nova)The third traitline is either Curses 2,2,1 (against bunkers) or Soul Reaping 3,2,2 (against other burst classes).

That's it. Everything else is bad.

You melt burst classes with Axe2 - that channel deals 10k damage + all your procs (CoD, Air, Fire, Chilling Nova) to a Power Shatter. Your Axe Auto deals 3k damage to him. Set it up right (avoid his burst, bait distorsion) and you destroy him. When he tries to reposition at 1200 range, throw a Focus5 at him. Condi Mirage is way harder to deal with because you can't counterburst so easily (you kill yourself with Confusion) and he has more armor.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@JustDemons.4358 said:you are actually the first one saying power mirages are easy to kill, how do you even go into shroud when they come out of stealth... but i try to focuss on killing the clones the next time, ty for that info.There is a sound and an animation when a mesmer sets up his burst. Create a PvP Mesmer and do the combo in HotM by yourself. Just prepare to press F1 if you see him go to stealth. 1/2s reaction time is enough then to almost nullify his impact.

Spiteful Spirit on Full Marauder with Strengh or Scholar Rune instakills illusions in 600 range.

I mentioned that already in another thread: Don't waste burst capability for sustain through bad traitlines like Death or Blood.

Spite is a must! (Chill of Death, Vulnerability, Might generation, Spiteful Spirit)Reaper is a must! (esp. Chilling Nova)The third traitline is either Curses 2,2,1 (against bunkers) or Soul Reaping 3,2,2 (against other burst classes).

You melt burst classes with Axe2 - that channel deals 10k damage + all your procs (CoD, Air, Fire, Chilling Nova) to a Power Shatter. Your Axe Auto deals 3k damage to him. Set it up right (avoid his burst, bait distorsion) and you destroy him. When he tries to reposition at 1200 range, throw a Focus5 at him. Condi Mirage is way harder to deal with because you can't counterburst so easily (you kill yourself with Confusion) and he has more armor.

I think you are speaking of the stun sound.Well the problem is, if you dont react, insta use a stunbreak + dodge. Youre done. Even in shroud. Mesmer combo will do up to 50k dmg in 1/2 or 1 second on 2.6k armor. Depends on how good he is or if hes using a makro.

And that burst you cant even tank while in shroud. If you run full marauder you will have more health, but zero dmg reduction from armor. That doesnt help. Nowadays you will need at least 2.6 better 2.7k armor vs power classes.

Against condi mirages. Well you will need all the condi cleanses you can get. Best would be consume conditions, the shout, the well and the signet. Then you might be able to kill him, if he loads you with conditions.Always try to bait out dodges, then send his own conditions back to him.

Bait out dodges by using axe 2, eliteshout+weapon stow (this will play the whole animation but the shout wont go out and only gets a 5 second cd).Gs 5

Then transfer the conditions and unload the eliteshout, soulspiral, gravedigger combo. That makes most cmirages run away.

Then you maybe have a chance

@Nimon.7840 said:Well the problem is, if you dont react, insta use a stunbreak + dodge. Youre done. Even in shroud. Mesmer combo will do up to 50k dmg in 1/2 or 1 second on 2.6k armor. Depends on how good he is or if hes using a makro.

And that burst you cant even tank while in shroud. If you run full marauder you will have more health, but zero dmg reduction from armor. That doesnt help. Nowadays you will need at least 2.6 better 2.7k armor vs power classes.50k dmg ? .. im sry but wat ? No mes bursts 50k dmg. Just get 2 stunbreaks and ur gucci against them

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Well the problem is, if you dont react, insta use a stunbreak + dodge. Youre done. Even in shroud. Mesmer combo will do up to 50k dmg in 1/2 or 1 second on 2.6k armor. Depends on how good he is or if hes using a makro.

And that burst you cant even tank while in shroud. If you run full marauder you will have more health, but zero dmg reduction from armor. That doesnt help. Nowadays you will need at least 2.6 better 2.7k armor vs power classes.50k dmg ? .. im sry but wat ? No mes bursts 50k dmg. Just get 2 stunbreaks and ur gucci against them

i have hit for 28k in 1/2 this is full shroud and 80% hp, but mirage can reset the combo once or not? so overall it can be.... i just can tell that i got one/two shotted from reaper form.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"JustDemons.4358" said:you are actually the first one saying power mirages are easy to kill, how do you even go into shroud when they come out of stealth... but i try to focuss on killing the clones the next time, ty for that info.There is a sound and an animation when a mesmer sets up his burst. Create a PvP Mesmer and do the combo in HotM by yourself. Just prepare to press F1 if you see him go to stealth. 1/2s reaction time is enough then to almost nullify his impact.

I think you are speaking of the stun sound.You mean the "Pling" of Power Lock? Not nesessarily. When I play Power Shatter I don't even use that utility. It is a too obvious "incoming burst" telling.

Well the problem is, if you dont react, insta use a stunbreak + dodge. Youre done. Even in shroud. Mesmer combo will do up to 50k dmg in 1/2 or 1 second on 2.6k armor. Depends on how good he is or if hes using a makro.I don't count the damage numbers. I can only say that I never go down from the first burst of a Power Shatter Mirage in a 1v1 und if he is below my skilllevel (which 80% of the Mesmers are) he won't have the chance to burst me twice.

And that burst you cant even tank while in shroud. If you run full marauder you will have more health, but zero dmg reduction from armor. That doesnt help. Nowadays you will need at least 2.6 better 2.7k armor vs power classes.Against broken (WvW) Power/Shiros? Yes!Against full berserk Core Warriors? Yes!Against competent D/P Theives? Yes![...]Against Shatter Mesmers? No!

Against condi mirages. Well you will need all the condi cleanses you can get. Best would be consume conditions, the shout, the well and the signet. Then you might be able to kill him, if he loads you with conditions.The only way to kill Condi Mirages is when they are stupid which looks like the following description:They engage and throw everything at me while I am standing still, drop Well of Power and wait 6 seconds till the well removed every condition. Then I engage and they fail to run away.

In other words: VERY bad players! (but this tactic works surprisingly often)

Against good players a condi transfer just prolongs your inevitable loss. You can barely feel its impact (still talking about Power Reaper where transfered damaging conditions are trash conditions that won't hurt the target).

And that burst you cant even tank while in shroud. If you run full marauder you will have more health, but zero dmg reduction from armor. That doesnt help. Nowadays you will need at least 2.6 better 2.7k armor vs power classes.Against full berserk Core Warriors? Yes!-> Be a man and fight zerk with zerk x)

I'm really in love with power Reaper, so I still roam on it from time to time, even though it's become a bit of an exercise in masochism with the advent of PoF. In duels, I've found that I don't struggle that much vs holosmith (although I feel like it should probably have the upper hand vs reaper due to much better utility/defensive mechanics). Getting a nice corrupt on their stab whilst they're in photon forge generally makes things a lot easier for me. Power mirage is also fun to fight against, although condi mirage will usually delete me from existence - actually, this goes for most condi builds lol.On the other hand, whilst I could usually kite vs berserkers during HoT, spellbreaker and base warrior (with 2x last stand) are absolute cancer for me to fight against. A decent base warrior is a struggle to kite and their F skills just delete my shroud like its nothing. Spellbreaker has less damage, but has access to Full Counter on an ~8s CD, so trying to fit in a burst in between their evades/blocks/invuls is somewhat a pain. Then they hit you with an F skill anyway, proc Adrenal Health and we're basically back at the start :>Some points I'd also like to make about traits/skills:

• Spectral walk is still my favourite utility skill because of the kiting/juking potential, especially when combined with Spiteful Spirit's cripple and the small bit of distance that necrocopter lets you put between yourself and the enemy. It's even better now that spectral skills last longer as you can run/necrocopter for a decent couple of seconds before porting all the way back. ~~You're basically a thief now ~~
  • I like the immob/cripple/chill removal +swiftness from Speed of Shadows, but I think the change should have been added on top of the lower Shroud CD. The CD reduction made reaper gameplay feel a lot more fluid and less of an 'axe->gs->ds->repeat' etc rotation.
  • The rate at which life force decreases in shroud is still a bit high. It's not too bad in 1v1, but when in a 1vX I often find that its gone far quicker than I'd expect. Maybe this is also due to the inevitable power creep from PoF elite specs, but if that's the case then I don't understand why Anet would nerf one of the very few defences reaper has :s
  • Condi management is pretty meh on reaper imo, but I do sometimes run Plague Signet alongside "Suffer!", because there's something so very satisfying about transferring 15 stacks of confusion.

Also, here's a shameless self-promotion :>

Archived