Just a Friendly Reminder

K THEN.5162

@Xstein.2187 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:It’s been like that, always. Dealing damage, be it reflected damage, WILL reveal you.

Yap, its been useless like that, always.The trait obviously should be changed and the fact that its been this way for so long is unfortunately a very, very sad sign.

I disagree as I’ve been using it successfully for months now. You just have to be more careful with your stealth utilization. Takes some getting used to, but it’s far from useless. Just tricky like the whole profession :smiley:

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:It’s been like that, always. Dealing damage, be it reflected damage, WILL reveal you.

Yap, its been useless like that, always.The trait obviously should be changed and the fact that its been this way for so long is unfortunately a very, very sad sign.

I disagree as I’ve been using it successfully for months now. You just have to be more careful with your stealth utilization. Takes some getting used to, but it’s far from useless. Just tricky like the whole profession :smiley:

Oh yes, I 100% agree its not really 'useless' in the strict sence (There are no traits in gw2 that are). I also used the trait all the time with the old PU build. The only reason I really stated that it was is because I was just playing with the words between you and the OPs post.However, that also doesn't change the fact that the mirror portion of the trait either does not effect or negatively effects 1/3 of your manipulation skills, while the trait that is getting negatively affected is your only elite manipulation skill.Every class has traits that are meant to benefit specific skills of that class: signets, wells, traps, shouts, etc.Can you confidently point to another class and say that one of their 'skill traits' has a portion that doesn't benefit at least 1/3 of that skill type and negatively effects the elite of that skill type? Skill specific traits are supposed to be designed to benefit, not hinder, those specific skills.

@Xstein.2187 said:

Oh yes, I 100% agree its not really 'useless' in the strict sence (There are no traits in gw2 that are). I also used the trait all the time with the old PU build. The only reason I really stated that it was is because I was just playing with the words between you and the OPs post.However, that also doesn't change the fact that the mirror portion of the trait either does not effect or negatively effects 1/3 of your manipulation skills, while the trait that is getting negatively affected is your only elite manipulation skill.Every class has traits that are meant to benefit specific skills of that class: signets, wells, traps, shouts, etc.Can you confidently point to another class and say that one of their 'skill traits' has a portion that doesn't benefit at least 1/3 of that skill type and negatively effects the elite of that skill type? Skill specific traits are supposed to be designed to benefit, not hinder, those specific skills.

You’ll notice, that I alluded to the whole profession being “tricky”.That being said, the way most meta specs are now, stealth is limited for most meta builds. PU is far less popular these days so you really arenMt hindering yourself that bad. Furthermore I find that with the amount of ranged burst rolling around, projectile hate does more good than harm even if it gets you revealed. Obviously it again depends on playstyle and personal build preference.

And for the sake of argument, yes I can think of another profession with the same issue -> trapper ranger!

@Arlette.9684 said:

You’ll notice, that I alluded to the whole profession being “tricky”.That being said, the way most meta specs are now, stealth is limited for most meta builds. PU is far less popular these days so you really arenMt hindering yourself that bad. Furthermore I find that with the amount of ranged burst rolling around, projectile hate does more good than harm even if it gets you revealed. Obviously it again depends on playstyle and personal build preference.

And for the sake of argument, yes I can think of another profession with the same issue -> trapper ranger!

Eh, I find the antisynergy of master of manipulation the problem, not whether or not reflect is currently more important then stealth.Just under curiosity, I know rangers don't have an elite trap, so Trapper's Expertise can't meet the questions criteria right there, but what trap does Trapper's Expertise negatively effect?

@Xstein.2187 said:

Eh, I find the antisynergy of master of manipulation the problem, not whether or not reflect is currently more important then stealth.Just under curiosity, I know rangers don't have an elite trap, so Trapper's Expertise can't meet the questions criteria right there, but what trap does Trapper's Expertise negatively effect?

It’s the synergy with the trapper runes, that I was going for. You get popped out of stealth upon trap activation, the same way as when Mesmer reflects damage.Edit: I do realize the runes are not part of the traitline, but they’re esssential for that build and present the same problem.

Archived