PvE Dailies

So, today we have as one of our daily options a Desert Highlands bounty. Now I love taking on bounties. It's one of my favorite new features of PoF. And the daily really does a good job of attracting players to the maps, seeking bounty groups. That's great for me! I can tag up and run bounty after bounty with a constant stream of players seeking them! I like it!

So, here's a thought. What if we did sort of like they do for fractals where you have 3 daily fractals and then 3 daily recommended. Here's how I see this working:

Your 3 dailies are exactly as they are now, except they only come from core Tyria tasks (the usual JPs, events, harvesting, etc.). These would give the same rewards as they usually do. Now we introduce a daily recommended: One each from HoT and PoF (and presumably any future expansions). Make these the tougher events (e.g. Daily Recommended VB meta or Daily Recommended Legendary Corrupted Facet). These would reward 1g each.

My thinking is that it would be better for everyone this way. For F2P players who haven't purchased the expansion, you would no longer see expansion dailies clogging up the list (or do they not get those? I'm not sure!). However, the additional rewards from the expansion daily recommended items would still serve as an incentive to purchase the expansions. And for those of us who would be doing these events daily anyway, it would be nice to have these every day instead of every once in awhile as it is now. Extra loot is good, too, as these events require a bit more effort than viewing a vista or mining a few nodes!

But tell me what you guys think.

I don't think the dailies need a change. They do what they do well enough to not require another overhaul. Vanilla only players shouldn't see expac dailies anyway in the same way lower levels only see things relevant to them. They could feasibly add a couple more options per game mode, but really, i wouldn't want to see dailies over thought

Archived