Looking for WvW NA active server

Xruptor.3965

I'm currently on Dragonbrand but it feels mostly empty when I play WvW. I live on NA EST. According to https://wvwstats.com/timezones . Yaks Bend and Sea of Sorrows are at the top of the list for NA EST. Yet, I'm extremely confused as I read that SoS is mostly a OCX/SEA server. There are several threads dating back to October stating this. So I'm confused as to why it's showing up as NA EST. From what I've gathered it appears that Fort Aspenwood is a better matchup for NA EST. I'm open to suggestions. Currently i'm in a tossup between Sea of Sorrows or Fort Aspenwood. Any help would be great. I'm just looking for more WvW active times. Dragonbrand seems to be a complete mess for me in terms of timezones.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Xruptor.3965" said:I'm currently on Dragonbrand but it feels mostly empty when I play WvW. I live on NA EST. According to https://wvwstats.com/timezones . Yaks Bend and Sea of Sorrows are at the top of the list for NA EST. Yet, I'm extremely confused as I read that SoS is mostly a OCX/SEA server. There are several threads dating back to October stating this. So I'm confused as to why it's showing up as NA EST. From what I've gathered it appears that Fort Aspenwood is a better matchup for NA EST. I'm open to suggestions. Currently i'm in a tossup between Sea of Sorrows or Fort Aspenwood. Any help would be great. I'm just looking for more WvW active times. Dragonbrand seems to be a complete mess for me in terms of timezones.

JQ is open. get in before they close it.

@arenta.2953 said:

@"Xruptor.3965" said:I'm currently on Dragonbrand but it feels mostly empty when I play WvW. I live on NA EST. According to
. Yaks Bend and Sea of Sorrows are at the top of the list for NA EST. Yet, I'm extremely confused as I read that SoS is mostly a OCX/SEA server. There are several threads dating back to October stating this. So I'm confused as to why it's showing up as NA EST. From what I've gathered it appears that Fort Aspenwood is a better matchup for NA EST. I'm open to suggestions. Currently i'm in a tossup between Sea of Sorrows or Fort Aspenwood. Any help would be great. I'm just looking for more WvW active times. Dragonbrand seems to be a complete mess for me in terms of timezones.

according to the timezone website, JQ is in 11th place. Not sure if that would be better. Though Crystal Desert and Fort Aspenwood are up there. Not too sure about Sea of Sorrows though. Apparently these servers are all over the place too lol. Looks like Sea of Sorrows as of late is in Tier 1 and battling Blackgate almost constantly. Whereas, FA and CD seem to fluctuate around T2 and possibly T3. Though now that I look at it, apparently Fort Aspenwood is #1 for NA PST. This is very confusing.

@Xruptor.3965 said:

@Xruptor.3965 said:I'm currently on Dragonbrand but it feels mostly empty when I play WvW. I live on NA EST. According to
. Yaks Bend and Sea of Sorrows are at the top of the list for NA EST. Yet, I'm extremely confused as I read that SoS is mostly a OCX/SEA server. There are several threads dating back to October stating this. So I'm confused as to why it's showing up as NA EST. From what I've gathered it appears that Fort Aspenwood is a better matchup for NA EST. I'm open to suggestions. Currently i'm in a tossup between Sea of Sorrows or Fort Aspenwood. Any help would be great. I'm just looking for more WvW active times. Dragonbrand seems to be a complete mess for me in terms of timezones.

according to the timezone website, JQ is in 11th place. Not sure if that would be better. Though Crystal Desert and Fort Aspenwood are up there. Not too sure about Sea of Sorrows though. Apparently these servers are all over the place too lol. Looks like Sea of Sorrows as of late is in Tier 1 and battling Blackgate almost constantly. Whereas, FA and CD seem to fluctuate around T2 and possibly T3. Though now that I look at it, apparently Fort Aspenwood is #1 for NA PST. This is very confusing.

JQ sorta dropped on purpose as they were protesting being a locked server for (what..3....4...5 years? imagine being a server who was in tier 1 more or less since game launched. and never getting new recruits......hell we were already the smaller population back when SoS and HoD were fighting it out with us for tier 1)

if you look at their history you'll see this. they called it a "black out" where they refused to play wvw for a month or so (apparently soem people thought it ment 3 months..........idk)

but recently (as in yesterday) the devs finally had mercy and opened up our server. so we pushing through tier 3 to get back up.

hell...as soon as word of the unlock came, JQ began invading every single borderland with numbers we haven't seen in a while (we ignored eternal cause magumma had 8 AC, 4 ballista, 6 catapults, and 7 trebs manned 24/7 there........dedication goes a little to far for them)

also, someting important to remember when you pick server.

JQ is a solo server, aka it has no tiny server allied with it. so its more unified and coordinated....but it also means it doesn't get the population boost servers like Aspenwood or Maguuma get from having allied servers.

only JQ and Blackgate are solo servers far as i can recallhttp://mos.millenium.org/na

all other servers are a collection of servers working together (For how long...who knows. the moment Anet descides they strong enough and drop the allied server bit. that server will suffer)

Fa4WS49.png

@arenta.2953 said:also, someting important to remember when you pick server.

JQ is a solo server, aka it has no tiny server allied with it. so its more unified and coordinated....but it also means it doesn't get the population boost servers like Aspenwood or Maguuma get from having allied servers.

only JQ and Blackgate are solo servers far as i can recall

So you are saying the timezone shifts is because of this blackout but it would be better if I picked JQ as a server for NA EST? Currently it's listed as a heavily SEA/OCX server. Dang something to think about if that's what you are saying. Since I've narrowed it down to FA and SoS based on timezone. Both SoS and FA seem to be linked. I'm going to assume when they are linked with others then the timezone may shift again.

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:JQ strong was carried by SEA OCX tz but all disappear now . And your blackout already end at 2017/12/18 B)

yeah...i know...but sadly some people thought it ment 3 months (we still correcting them)

and others left cause the blackout failed to open the server.

but we open now, so who knows. based on the population boost yesterday, we not down yet.

plus. who you gonna trust. a server that stands on its own like JQ or Blackgate.or a server that needs ally servers to stand a chance, and will get screwed when Anet descides its strong enough, and removes the ally server (imagine how much easier it would be for JQ if it had an ally. or wasn't locked up till now)

@Xruptor.3965 said:

@"arenta.2953" said:also, someting important to remember when you pick server.

only JQ and Blackgate are solo servers far as i can recall

So you are saying the timezone shifts is because of this blackout but it would be better if I picked JQ as a server for NA EST? Currently it's listed as a heavily SEA/OCX server. Dang something to think about if that's what you are saying. Since I've narrowed it down to FA and SoS based on timezone. Both SoS and FA seem to be linked. I'm going to assume when they are linked with others then the timezone may shift again.

Fa4WS49.png

just be aware of where SoS and FA are going based on the latest predictions. SoS is solid. but again...allied server. they at risk of when Anet descides to remove the ally part. how strong are they on their own?

http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net/#Jade Quarry

Seems pretty balanced between the three. My major concern is the fact as a few have mentioned it was a heavily SEA/OCX server. Not sure if that's the best thing for me as NA EST even though the server is (I suppose) moving up in ranks and is currently opened. Judging from what you are saying there is a great majority of servers that are allied. So this makes things more difficult for me as it's apparently obvious that it may cause timezone shifts depending on what server gets allied with another.

SoS, FA, and CD have allied servers. sigh

@"Xruptor.3965" said:http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net/#Jade Quarry

Seems pretty balanced between the three. My major concern is the fact as a few have mentioned it was a heavily SEA/OCX server. Not sure if that's the best thing for me as NA EST even though the server is (I suppose) moving up in ranks and is currently opened. Judging from what you are saying there is a great majority of servers that are allied. So this makes things more difficult for me as it's apparently obvious that it may cause timezone shifts depending on what server gets allied with another.

SoS, FA, and CD have allied servers. sigh

NA has a decent population on JQ. or at least far as i've seen (Arizona time zone here)

not sure about East coast (3 hours earlier?) but around 5 my time, the population really starts to spike (so thats.....7 or 8 your time? .....WHY DO YOU USE DAY LIGHTS SAVINGS TIME.....so confusing <.< )

@arenta.2953 said:

@"Xruptor.3965" said:
Quarry

SoS, FA, and CD have allied servers.
sigh

NA has a decent population on JQ. or at least far as i've seen (Arizona time zone here)

not sure about East coast (3 hours earlier?) but around 5 my time, the population really starts to spike (so thats.....7 or 8 your time? .....WHY DO YOU USE DAY LIGHTS SAVINGS TIME.....so confusing <.< )

Trust me I hate it too. I wish they would just do away with Daylight Savings Time. I have a few things to think about now. (https://wvwstats.com/na) has been pretty useful.

@Xruptor.3965 said:

Quarry

SoS, FA, and CD have allied servers.
sigh

Trust me I hate it too. I wish they would just do away with Daylight Savings Time. I have a few things to think about now. (
) has been pretty useful.

biggest thing i can say for now

is to remember that thsoe stat sites will need to be updated soon

as depending on how long JQ is open, and how many join it. its statistics can change heavily.

after reset on Friday, JQ managed to fill Eternal and home, and have a 25 zerg on 1 other borderlandbut on saterday and sunday. it dropped off to eternal having a que, and home having maybe 25. so a low population

and then on monday after it opened, all 3 borderlands had zergs, and eternal was empty.

so whether that was a temporary morale boost, or a sign of wvwers coming to JQ. is to early to tell.

but hey, i stand by the fact that we are a solo server, so we can't be killed as a WvW server by removing ally servers from us. we have no where to go but up.

while every ally server is walking a cliffside and can fall to the bottom any time Anet decide to end it.

JQ black out got rid of the good guilds and left the server with all the toxic junk. Moving here you can have little to no expectations, as the same majority who started the black out will do the same as soon as they get slapped again in higher tiers.

Do yourself a favour and don't waste the gems moving there. FA or SOS are solid choices.

@Armour.3412 said:JQ black out got rid of the good guilds and left the server with all the toxic junk. Moving here you can have little to no expectations, as the same majority who started the black out will do the same as soon as they get slapped again in higher tiers.

Do yourself a favour and don't waste the gems moving there. FA or SOS are solid choices.

So literally every guild that held JQ together left the server?

@Xruptor.3965 said:

@Armour.3412 said:JQ black out got rid of the good guilds and left the server with all the toxic junk. Moving here you can have little to no expectations, as the same majority who started the black out will do the same as soon as they get slapped again in higher tiers.

SF OnS CALM FLUX still there... what good guilds left? only good guild that left was borp

@MadBomber.3719 said:

SF OnS CALM FLUX still there... what good guilds left? only good guild that left was borp

Beats me! I'm just responding to what Armour.3412 and a few others have mentioned in this thread. I'm still trying to makeup my mind. lol

@shiri.4257 said:iF you want NA pop goto NSP or Mag. or just wait for blackgate to open like real winners do.

From what I've been told and what I've looked up BG seems to be heavily OCX/SEA timezones. Not to mention server is constantly full. I'm looking for a NA EST friendly server. From what folks have said here apparently that means FA, CD, SoS and now apparently JQ.

Archived