Crit Chance over 100%. what happens?

arenta.2953

One thing to bear in mind is that if 100% crit chance is important to you it might be worth having the extra just in case you can't get all those extra factors at once.

For example if you dropped your base crit chance to 49% so that all the extras bring you up to 101%, then you lose fury temporarily and it drops to 81% would that be a problem? Maybe harder to answer is would it be enough of a problem that you're willing to go without that extra toughness (or whatever else you put into it). I think that's the main reason some people like to have over 100%, especially if it's dependant on boons or positioning which an enemy can easily change.

In other games, there's sometimes value in having a stat like "critical chance" higher than 100%, mostly because there are mechanics that can reduce the amount. There aren't any in this case, except those you control. As @Danikat.8537 says, you might not always run certain traits or foods or have the advantage of boons from others, but that's aiming to ensure a minimum crit chance, rather than concerning yourself with your max chance.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:In other games, there's sometimes value in having a stat like "critical chance" higher than 100%, mostly because there are mechanics that can reduce the amount. There aren't any in this case, except those you control. As @Danikat.8537 says, you might not always run certain traits or foods or have the advantage of boons from others, but that's aiming to ensure a minimum crit chance, rather than concerning yourself with your max chance.

In some other games any crit chance above 100% generally reduces the targets chances of blocking the attack. I'm not sure if that is how it works in GW2 or not though.

Unblockable is a completely different thing. Also unlike many other games there is no "chance to hit". Besides Blind it is entirely dependent on position.

Kneeling and Flanking at the same time are unreliable unless you always have someone else distracting the enemy so it would be either rather than both.

100% Chance is what you're looking at - but keep in mind that as a Deadeye, your Perception skill does more for you than anyone else. If you're doing PvE Content, its doing even more thanks to food and utilities. The only classes that I don't see Perception giving any inherited benefit are Guardians and Necromancers, who can almost naturally gain innate 100% Crit Chance with little-to-no effort involved and whose stats would be better invested in Vitality for the bonuses it gives them stat-wise.

If you still do decide to go Power without Berserker armor, keep in mind that you'll have at least one person crying and claiming about you having an unoptimal build and how your inferior for not following the meta. :tongue:

With that in mind, Kneeling isn't the best choice I'd have for Deadeye.... Currently, my Deadeye build has 69% Base, 20% from Fury, 5% from Crits, and I used the Force Sigil to get that extra 7%. Flanking is nice, but I'd rather get more dps from the sheer obscene amounts of fury you can generate on yourself with Deadeye.

@AlphaWolvesGamer.5790 said:If you still do decide to go Power without Berserker armor, keep in mind that you'll have at least one person crying and claiming about you having an unoptimal build and how your inferior for not following the meta. :tongue:

I got my AR high enough now that I get pretty good additional crit chance from fractal potions. I switch stats from berserker to valkyrie on my staff and accessory in fractals. I have more than 14k health on my Power DD, and I peak at 38k dps at Ensolyss sometimes, more often it goes up to 33-35k. I have 100% or higher crit chance when there's a druid and warrior in the group, and if anyone gear checks me and concludes that my build is inferior to the meta build, my conclusion is that he doesn't know what he's talking about and maybe I don't want to play with him ^^

Also, stupid Weaver dps on the qtfy benchmarks. Yes, they bring that in raids, I've seen it. But I practically never see it in fractals. The vast majority of weavers in fractals does not do more dps than a DD, and they don't even bring cc. The new berserker meta on the other hand, the thing they call BS, actually outdamages my DD in most cases.

Archived