Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078Sir Bully Foot.9078 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 22, 2018 in WvW

Season 1 WvW GvG Tournament

Hello Everyone,

We [Hate] Everything will be sponsoring this seasons WvW GvG NA Tournament. All Guilds are invited to participate. If you're PVE, PVX, or WvW Guild you are eligible to join the Tournament. The Tournament will begin on 02/13/2018. Signups begin today thru 01/30/18. It will be 15 vs 15 single elimination style tournament with a 3rd place bracket. Buy in for each Guild will be 100g per guild entry, this is non refundable. Funds pot will be split between 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, and 3rd 10%. First Round matchups will be automated and will be posted a week before the tournament begins.

Rules as Follows:
* Participating Guilds need to record their GvG's for any issues during matchup disputes. There will be an Admin assigned to each GvG to ensure rules are enforced.
* Anyone who gets caught cheating, that Guild will be automatically disqualified and barred from future Tournaments
* Each GvG will be best of 7 consecutive rounds, there is no time limit. Finals will be best out of 9
* There will be a max time limit of 5 minutes in between rounds.
* Round is complete when driver calls "gg" or everyone has been defeated. No re-rez after double down state.
* Up to 3 substitutions are allowed and can only be 1 one guild during tournament
* Any interference from outside sources, to include pre-buffing will deem that round voided, and that round will then start over
* Guilds will have 1 week from the tournament roster posting start date to coordinate with each other to fight in either Obsidian Sanctum, Guild Hall, or Edge of the Mists.
* In the event Guilds cannot come to an agreement ,Obsidian Sanctum will be the default choice.
* Each Guild will have a contact next to their name on the bracket, so when matchup posts you will know who to contact for the setup of the match
* Each Participating Guild will require to whisper me end score and winner of GVG, "
will be required"
* * Guilds will have 15 min from the day of matchup to arrive, if not you forfeit from the time of matchup or if both do a no call no show both will be disqualified from the Tournament.
* In the event of absentees, a Guild may choose to participate or forfeit with the current available roster
*** If Guild Leaders choose Guild Hall to fight, downstate 5 is banned with Signet of Agony and Loss Aversion, NO MOUNTS

*** Pre-Buffing is not allowed prior to start time nor is stacking sigils, stacks must be cleared after rounds complete
*** Final Rule, any disputes or any issues that need to be resolved, I will have the final say**
How to Register: ****Do this in order****

1. In game mail me with your Guild Name, all must represent the same guild, no exceptions
  2. Point of contact for each Guild
  3. Upon Registration, you will be given a contact to deposit your 100g.
  4. Within 24 hours of your registration payment, I will send you an in game mail confirmation of your payment
  5. At the end of the Tournament, winning Guilds needs to provide at least 5 contacts to distribute winnings to. Those contacts will be posted and in game receipt snap shots for proof of transfer of gold

MAY THE BEST GUILD WIN!,

[Hate] 

King Bullyfoot

<1345

Comments

• MadBomber.3719MadBomber.3719 Member ✭✭✭

GL with your tourny bullyfoot

• Can we broadcast them and let people watch each match?

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

Excited to watch =)

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• absolutely broadcast it, highly encouraged

King Bullyfoot

• all holds barred, may the best build win

King Bullyfoot

• interference will not be tolerated and you must be in the arena, not the stands

King Bullyfoot

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Whoever is gonna be broadcasting please let us know too, I wanna watch.

• Why not just delay it until Anet gets their instanced GvG or whatever running. People are gonna end up fighting in the 1x1 guild halls abusing 500 damage per hit retal, 600 damage per hit Loss Aversions, and other janky pve balance.

dont delay, gvg needs supporting by player activity

• Twitch.tv/GregorPayne if any guilds want a streamer.

Also I'll play for any guild cuz there's no roster limit teehee.

• MadBomber.3719MadBomber.3719 Member ✭✭✭

@Caysadia.7405 said:
    Why not just delay it until Anet gets their instanced GvG or whatever running.

cause counting on anet to provide support for GvG anytime in the near future is doubtful, especially since they havent in the last 5 years

• Wow, BullyFoot, great job! Keep it up! Proud of you! :D And may the best guild win! :D

• Caliburn.1845Caliburn.1845 Member ✭✭✭

Couple questions.

Mounts allowed in GH?
    PVE downstate skill allowed in GH?
    Are individual players allowed to play for different guilds(IE ringers)?
    Is pre-buffing allowed(Even to the extent of having a pit-crew of players outside the 15 in the GvG stacking boons on the 15 players)?
    Can guilds/players donate additional gold/mats to the prize pool?
    Can the brackets be constructed so that the top team in the losers bracket gets a shot at the top team in the winners bracket(Traditional tourny style to prevent the two top teams from meeting early in the bracket and never getting a chance to see each other again)?

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc(BOO) guildleader.
    DH>DB>BG>MAG>YB>SBI>YB>AR

• @Caliburn.1845 said:
    Couple questions.

Mounts allowed in GH?
    Are individual players allowed to play for different guilds(IE ringers)?
    Is pre-buffing allowed(Even to the extent of having a pit-crew of players outside the 15 in the GvG stacking boons on the 15 players)?
    Can guilds/players donate additional gold/mats to the prize pool?
    Can the brackets be constructed so that the top team in the losers bracket gets a shot at the top team in the winners bracket(Traditional tourny style to prevent the two top teams from meeting early in the bracket and never getting a chance to see each other again)?

No mounts
    Once person is downed, they cannot be re rezed until match is over
    As long as there representing the guild, that's fine, at the end, they can only be in 1 guild, I'm not going to track everyone who tries to join multiples. But its very discouraged
    Pre Buffing is allowed only by the 15 in the squad, not by outside sources, this would be considered cheating and will get you disqualified
    Sure, just know its non refundable and added to the pot
    Yes, its a double elimination

King Bullyfoot

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

Core builds only? Or does this include HoT/PoF elites?

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• @Klipso.8653 said:
    Core builds only? Or does this include HoT/PoF elites?

All elites are game!

King Bullyfoot

• Honest John.4673Honest John.4673 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:

@Caliburn.1845 said:

This isn't what he's asking. In PvE there's a 5th downstate skill that's unlockable through Living Story that passively life steals when you attack and when used applies unblockable Agony, Confusion, Cripple, Blind and Torment in a huge radius.

• @Honest John.4673 said:

@Caliburn.1845 said:

This isn't what he's asking. In PvE there's a 5th downstate skill that's unlockable through Living Story that passively life steals when you attack and when used applies unblockable Agony, Confusion, Cripple, Blind and Torment in a huge radius.

As long as both parties understand fighting at the GH and the ramifications behind it, it is there choice. I understand Wvw stats and Pve stats differ especially in the Guild Hall. But if both parties choose it, well have at it

King Bullyfoot

• Alright so another thing I want to make clear is that Guilds will have the choice to fight between OS, EoTM or G hall. We will let the the guilds / guild leaders decide where they want to fight.

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

how bout 30 vs 30 or 50 vs 50 or more for the real GvGs
    15 vs 15 seems a bit low....
    that would prevent the veterans to stack on one guild to have the edge then disband afterwards for the Geez

Why So Serious?

• The problem is most guilds aren't big enough for that large amount, maybe in the future...

King Bullyfoot

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

most guilds on the pve/pvx division are 300+ members
    pvp guilds more or less 20s members
    active wvw guilds have an average of 30 members online for a raid

oh well, goodluck with the tourney, hope it comes to life

Why So Serious?

• Namer.9750Namer.9750 Member ✭✭✭

@Norbe.7630 said:
    how bout 30 vs 30 or 50 vs 50 or more for the real GvGs
    15 vs 15 seems a bit low....
    that would prevent the veterans to stack on one guild to have the edge then disband afterwards for the Geez

GvG has been 15v15 since the beginning of GW2, sometimes occasionally venturing into the 20v20 territory. So if your guild runs bigger than that, feel free to pick out your best 15 players (plus a few subs) and join with them.

There really aren't enough veterans left to care anymore, most guilds are playing with only a handful of older player and majorly younger players.

(if you really do want to do bigger numbers there's Server v Server that some servers will occasionally do)

Anyways, Bully, best of luck!

• @Norbe.7630 said:
    most guilds on the pve/pvx division are 300+ members
    pvp guilds more or less 20s members
    active wvw guilds have an average of 30 members online for a raid

oh well, goodluck with the tourney, hope it comes to life

GvGs have always been 15vs15 or 20vs20. Right now most guilds or the WvW focuses guilds usually field 15-20. The ones who field more have players who care about GvG and who don’t. So 15vs15 for this tourney is fine. In the future we will consider 20vs20 if this tourney goes successful.

• Also another news, this tournament is taking place on NA but EU guilds will also be allowed to join if any EU guild is interested in the tourney please whisper me or bully foot

na beat eu last year. hope eu tries will join.

• jul.7602jul.7602 Member ✭✭✭

Who will be the commentator(s), how will the match be observed? It would be nice to have first person cameras every now and then as opposed to just watching from the sidelines.

• @jul.7602 said:
    Who will be the commentator(s), how will the match be observed? It would be nice to have first person cameras every now and then as opposed to just watching from the sidelines.

We will have 4 streamers on Twitch during the tournament. I will have the info for you soon on what 4 channels you can watch it from.

King Bullyfoot

• Nice of you to organize this!! Hope it goes well! 👍

• Pretty sure this is Season 2????????????? I vaguely remember in S1 that Hymn and GS fought then as per usual in a GvG, one guild got mad and made excuses.

What's your security to make sure this doesn't re-occur?

• Until Anet creates an instanced GVG arena or some sort of in game support for this format, I believe Bully is counting on teams to work out some of the details of their matches on their own. So lets try to keep it civil and promote our game mode, not specifically ruin it.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

I Like!
    Body is 3 characters too short. :(

• i'll try to let people know on EU. As RoS server leader it is my duty

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

can i get invite to RoS server discord? i would iike to be on the war council.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• @HeNnAz.8913 said:
    Pretty sure this is Season 2????????????? I vaguely remember in S1 that Hymn and GS fought then as per usual in a GvG, one guild got mad and made excuses.

Most people consider that tourney a joke for the exact reasons you listen, I would hope in terms of helping the scene become active and healthy people could be adults and limit the amount of excuses. Sometimes you just play poorly, sometimes you play exceedingly well. Judging whats happening and fixing it in the heat of the moment is what can make the difference between Good and Great guilds.

• Domi.4106Domi.4106 Member ✭✭

NA or EU?
    Good luck with it!

• @Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:
    Pretty sure this is Season 2????????????? I vaguely remember in S1 that Hymn and GS fought then as per usual in a GvG, one guild got mad and made excuses.

Most people consider that tourney a joke for the exact reasons you listen, I would hope in terms of helping the scene become active and healthy people could be adults and limit the amount of excuses. Sometimes you just play poorly, sometimes you play exceedingly well. Judging whats happening and fixing it in the heat of the moment is what can make the difference between Good and Great guilds.

If you feel this tourney is a joke, no problem, don't participate. Comment somewhere else, no one needs your negativity. At the moment we are up to 24 Guilds and waiting for responses from 8 others.

King Bullyfoot

• @Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:

If you feel this tourney is a joke, no problem, don't participate. Comment somewhere else, no one needs your negativity. At the moment we are up to 24 Guilds and waiting for responses from 8 others.

He wasn't saying that this tourny was a joke, he was saying the Spring 2015 invitational one was.

• Domi.4106Domi.4106 Member ✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

You really should read better. He said previous tournament was a joke.. But congrats on getting this nice amount of guilds in

• My apologies, I was under the impression you were talking about this one, again my appologies

King Bullyfoot

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Good luck with this, I hope it turns out to be successful and fun for everyone involved.

BG

• @Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:

@Domi.4106 said:
    You really should read better. He said previous tournament was a joke.. But congrats on getting this nice amount of guilds in

^ This tourney isnt nearly as ridiculous as that one was, Cmon now bully I support you ;{

• Someone should host this in eu.

• Can there be an OCX/SEA category

=) go go go. i wonder if there will be some eu challengers.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:

Pvp is a joke in this game... just move along and let lamers have fun ^^

Side note: at least isnt a 40 vs 40 stack n'spam thing... just 15 on each side... kek
    Lets see who can runs more scourges and firebrands with just 15 players.

• Namer.9750Namer.9750 Member ✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:

Side note: at least isnt a 40 vs 40 stack n'spam thing... just 15 on each side... kek

Nah lmao, if you show up with nothing but Scourges you'll get freaking shrekt.

15s comp run by guilds who actually GvG is something along the lines of FB/Scg/Rev/SB/- with the final slot being an utility pick (another Rev for a DPS party, another FB for extra sustain, a Scrapper for downstate play and invis counter, a Chrono for boons and veil, a Soulbeast for smoke to blast stealth.

GvGing actually requires a good comp unlike open field blobbing lol.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018

@Namer.9750 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:

Nah lmao, if you show up with nothing but Scourges you'll get freaking shrekt.

15s comp run by guilds who actually GvG is something along the lines of FB/Scg/Rev/SB/- with the final slot being an utility pick (another Rev for a DPS party, another FB for extra sustain, a Scrapper for downstate play and invis counter, a Chrono for boons and veil, a Soulbeast for smoke to blast stealth.

GvGing actually requires a good comp unlike open field blobbing lol.

On small scalle i kinda agree with that comment, still very limited due gw2 design.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018

lol naysayers aside, very good job. From my point of view, it's been an utter hassle to get anything organized on a large scale especially with many egos on the line, but fortunately Bully is like, immune, to those issues due being a very magnanimous individual so if anyone was going to get anything going especially in this state of the game, it'd be a good chance it'd be him.

Best of luck guys, and definitely hope you got someone to stream. I'll probably find some time to spectate.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.