Speed Up Crafting

So I'm building Sharur, and boy is it a process. The time to take craft all the mithril ingots necessary for all its parts takes one hour. That is a full 60 minutes of running gw2 in the background while I do chores. I get they are meant to be material sinks, but just adding an x10 option for refinement would improve the experience greatly. Increasing the speed would have to be equal to x10 as well if that is a route to be considered, but the sound effect of crafting would test insanity, ranging 22800 times for refinement.

I would also like to see an improvement for Fulgurite. Just took me 5 minutes to craft 250. I can't see the any compelling reason to drag out such a tiresome ordeal.

Edit: Crafting Crystalline Ingots now. Another 5 minutes standing, looking at a bar fill painstakingly slow.

Thoughts?

The mechanic is partly intended to slow down crafting to make it feel like work. On the TP, people are willing to pay extra to avoid that work (which is why ingots typically sell for a bit more than the cost of their ore, etc, when the market is stable anyhow).

I don't have a good explanation as to why it's required for mats that are account bound and cannot be used to produce anything for trade. Fulgurite, however isn't such an item. It is also used to make Jeweled patches & ingots, which sell for a substantial premium relative to their constituent components. Thus, while annoying, it's roughly consistent to require extra time to produce it.

Archived