Barrier Necros can still be a thing!

Klipso.8653

@radiantbliss.6875 said:Balwarc.....GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE.

It's full of salt and sand from droping a ton of gold to gear out a necro build, based around what turned out to be a failed class mechanic.

But you'll all see how useful it can be, one day every 30 man squad will be running 2 or 3 of them. The barrier just has to be timed right and not spammed.

@"Sovereign.1093" said:o.o;; scourge is still good. i use it if i want a sure win

I agree, my guild still uses stuff similar to support/condi Scourge and tons of times Transfuse and Well of Blood will save important people from certain death. Plus Transfuse procs TWICE on scourge because each pulse is considered to be "Going in Shroud" so with a hidden ICD of 4 seconds but a shroud duration of 7 seconds you can pull people twice as far. That's not even talking about the revival on Well of Blood and the fact that transfuse pulses heals to nearby allies.

Finally ALL of this shit doesn't even include barrier which is also based around healing power. Scourge barriers are CRAZY and healing scourge is even crazier.

@Klipso.8653 said:Barrier-bot necros can still be a thing in WvW, we just have to hold out long enough with our healing power until barrier has some sort of damage reduction attached to it.

Until then we can still use the sentry med kits with our increased healing potential.

lul, actually i think a bot, literally a bot can follow player ;) just to provide barrier when that ally ally is dropping :<, bot's nowadays can do alot of stuff.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:Barrier-bot necros can still be a thing in WvW, we just have to hold out long enough with our healing power until barrier has some sort of damage reduction attached to it.

Until then we can still use the sentry med kits with our increased healing potential.

lul, actually i think a bot, literally a bot can follow player ;) just to provide barrier when that ally ally is dropping :<, bot's nowadays can do alot of stuff.

No, just a sand necro that's stacked healing power to pump out as much barrier as possible

@YTKafka.4681 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:o.o;; scourge is still good. i use it if i want a sure win

I agree, my guild still uses stuff similar to support/condi Scourge and tons of times Transfuse and Well of Blood will save important people from certain death. Plus Transfuse procs TWICE on scourge because each pulse is considered to be "Going in Shroud" so with a hidden ICD of 4 seconds but a shroud duration of 7 seconds you can pull people twice as far. That's not even talking about the revival on Well of Blood and the fact that transfuse pulses heals to nearby allies.

Finally ALL of this kitten doesn't even include barrier which is also based around healing power. Scourge barriers are CRAZY and healing scourge is even crazier.

SO THATS IT! I knew the teleports were screwy with transfusion but couldn't figure out the actual cause of it. Thank you for that.

@"YTKafka.4681" said:I agree, my guild still uses stuff similar to support/condi Scourge and tons of times Transfuse and Well of Blood will save important people from certain death. Plus Transfuse procs TWICE on scourge because each pulse is considered to be "Going in Shroud" so with a hidden ICD of 4 seconds but a shroud duration of 7 seconds you can pull people twice as far. That's not even talking about the revival on Well of Blood and the fact that transfuse pulses heals to nearby allies.Finally ALL of this kitten doesn't even include barrier which is also based around healing power. Scourge barriers are CRAZY and healing scourge is even crazier.

It works a little different than that. F4 will activate transfusion, but not going in/out of shroud (only F5 activates in/out shroud traits). Transfusion pulses 9 times, with 2% revival/pulse for a total of 18% revival for that duration. But the real power is also traiting Ritual of Life, so that when you revive you activate a Lesser Well of Blood, which revives 7%/pulse for 5 seconds for a total of 35% revive.

So what you can do in a 5 second window is F4 to teleport (includes 2%x5sec = 10% revive, putting aside the final 4 seconds to remain in the 5-sec window) and then start to rez (active healing + the 7%x5sec = 35% revive). Additionally, if you have enough life force to activate F5 and are traited in Life from Death, you provide a 10% revive at the end of the 6 seconds when you come of shroud, while giving yourself a barrier to provide more protection while enemies bomb you in the rez location, so F4 + F5 + rez can be very effective.

If you teleport multiple allies, while you can only actively rez one at a time, they all get the benefit of both pulse revivals. If they still have a majority of their downed health, you stand a good chance of getting them all up unless you have to back off due to your own health.

You usually don't want to use Well of Blood itself as a heal utility during this tactic. While it benefits from Ritual of Life as well, the 1 second cast will slow you down too much from the business of providing an active rez in addition to the trait's revival power.

@Klipso.8653 said:I would generally recommend against using transfusion in WvW. You end up pulling allies into a kill zone more often than safety.

Totally agree, pugs shouldn't run it otherwise they'll risk pissing a lot of people off. Guilds should consider it however as it does provide the emergency ability to pull people out of bombs. Especially true when 1 person going down is pretty much like 5% of your comp.

@Bellefon.1259 said:

@"YTKafka.4681" said:I agree, my guild still uses stuff similar to support/condi Scourge and tons of times Transfuse and Well of Blood will save important people from certain death. Plus Transfuse procs TWICE on scourge because each pulse is considered to be "Going in Shroud" so with a hidden ICD of 4 seconds but a shroud duration of 7 seconds you can pull people twice as far. That's not even talking about the revival on Well of Blood and the fact that transfuse pulses heals to nearby allies.Finally ALL of this kitten doesn't even include barrier which is also based around healing power. Scourge barriers are CRAZY and healing scourge is even crazier.

It works a little different than that. F4 will activate transfusion, but not going in/out of shroud (only F5 activates in/out shroud traits). Transfusion pulses 9 times, with 2% revival/pulse for a total of 18% revival for that duration. But the real power is also traiting Ritual of Life, so that when you revive you activate a Lesser Well of Blood, which revives 7%/pulse for 5 seconds for a total of 35% revive.

So what you can do in a 5 second window is F4 to teleport (includes 2%x5sec = 10% revive, putting aside the final 4 seconds to remain in the 5-sec window) and then start to rez (active healing + the 7%x5sec = 35% revive). Additionally, if you have enough life force to activate F5 and are traited in Life from Death, you provide a 10% revive at the end of the 6 seconds when you come of shroud, while giving yourself a barrier to provide more protection while enemies bomb you in the rez location, so F4 + F5 + rez can be very effective.

If you teleport multiple allies, while you can only actively rez one at a time, they all get the benefit of both pulse revivals. If they still have a majority of their downed health, you stand a good chance of getting them all up unless you have to back off due to your own health.

You usually don't want to use Well of Blood itself as a heal utility during this tactic. While it benefits from Ritual of Life as well, the 1 second cast will slow you down too much from the business of providing an active rez in addition to the trait's revival power.

Incidentally I've been meaning to ask, is downstate pulse healing affected by outgoing healing effectiveness such as the monk's rune or rice balls?Where is healing power actually effective, and where are the numbers static? Can you play an effective transfusion spec with strictly offensive stats (no healing power)?

I've been getting a fair bit of mileage out of transfusion. Saved a lot of people and even pulled the driver out of the fire with it once in SMC lords room (though I subsequently died). This traitline makes me wonder why I ever tried making use of SnR on ranger. (Single digit cooldown, multi-target, always works, doesn't hog a utility slot, synergizes well with other traits and you aren't forced to actively revive as the healing pulses. Why in the blue hell did I ever use SnR.)

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

Incidentally I've been meaning to ask, is downstate pulse healing affected by outgoing healing effectiveness such as the monk's rune or rice balls?Where is healing power actually effective, and where are the numbers static? Can you play an effective transfusion spec with strictly offensive stats (no healing power)?

I've been getting a fair bit of mileage out of transfusion. Saved a lot of people and even pulled the driver out of the fire with it once in SMC lords room (though I subsequently died). This traitline makes me wonder why I ever tried making use of SnR on ranger. (Single digit cooldown, multi-target, always works, doesn't hog a utility slot, synergizes well with other traits and you aren't forced to actively revive as the healing pulses. Why in the blue hell did I ever use SnR.)

~ Kovu

As I understand it, the healing and reviving is separate since healing power does not affect revive speed (at least according to wiki). The healing portion scales with personal healing power, the revival is 2% per pulses for 9 pulses. The key is not to spam the skill and properly set yourself up in a good position to teleport allies.

Archived