Power Rifle Deadeye: Rune Selection

arenta.2953

yeah yeah i know rifle is extremely weak right now. but i'm trying to make it work the best i can cause sniper is appealing to me.

so i'm debating betweenRune of the Scholar. the extra ferocity, power, and 10% dmgrune of strength. power, might duration(combine with 3 round burst), and 5% dmg under mightand rune of the pack. power, extra precision(lets me grab some vit or toughness on equipment), plus the self buffs when hit.

been leaning to strength lately (+45% might duration). but scholar sounds nice.....even if i can't see the 10% dmg reflected in skillbar...

whats your opinion?or do you have a different recommended rune?

armor set up is currently a mix of marauder, with cavalier for a bit of toughness (kinda keeping crit chance at 60% due to kneeling + buffs + trait crits)

i0bMJ23.png

I second the choice for scholar as well. For starters it has zero wasted stats, as power and ferocity are exactly what you want. And as for the final buff itself:In solo open world PVE you'll usually be sniping down targets from so far away they won't be able to hit you and remove the scholar buff, and fights shouldn't last long enough for the might duration to relevant.
In instanced group PVE you have a healer keeping your health up for the buff plus external sources keeping you might capped.In PVP as rifle deadeye you want as much burst as you can get, and scholar gives that to you right away while rune of strength doesn't start to show its effects until a few three-round-bursts into the fight. And if someone is hitting you enough to take you below 90% to remove the scholar buff, then you're either dead or trying to run away anyways.

Archived