Elementalist WvW builds

deadman.6490

Wanting to know what are other ele players favorite builds to use in WvW. roaming, small team play, zerging dont matter what just wanna see some input on what people are running. i use staff weaver when playing with a zerg. other than that idk what to use in small groups or roaming seems like staff is not good for that.

I run a D/Wh Tempest for group play. I'm in a total mish mash of soldiers and marauders gear with some healing trinkets and accessories. Toughest, most survivable build of all my toons and deals decent heals. I know about positioning though ;) Usually I'm the last (wo)man standing if we fail.

My trait lines are Earth, Water and Tempest.

I hit like a wet noodle but I can literally facetank most opportune hits by keen roamers as I dance and blithely hop to the nearest zerg.

If I fancy roaming I swap my gear out for full marauders and zerk and go old school D/D. You'd be surprised how many new roamers can't handle that setup and besides, wih ride the lightning, lightning flash and swiftness on attunement swap I have a 'Fark this' button.

I tried Weaver but I'm old and can't remember the various skill combinations it presents.

• 1 month later...

@Doo Lally.8594 said:I run a D/Wh Tempest for group play. I'm in a total mish mash of soldiers and marauders gear with some healing trinkets and accessories. Toughest, most survivable build of all my toons and deals decent heals. I know about positioning though ;) Usually I'm the last (wo)man standing if we fail.

My trait lines are Earth, Water and Tempest.

I hit like a wet noodle but I can literally facetank most opportune hits by keen roamers as I dance and blithely hop to the nearest zerg.

If I fancy roaming I swap my gear out for full marauders and zerk and go old school D/D. You'd be surprised how many new roamers can't handle that setup and besides, wih ride the lightning, lightning flash and swiftness on attunement swap I have a 'Fark this' button.

I tried Weaver but I'm old and can't remember the various skill combinations it presents.

What trait lines do you use for your D/D? How is its survivability? I really like D/D but I heard it's outdated for WvW.

Archived