Firebrand or Weaver?

Sivannie.2670

Hey!I'm here because I have been trying to decide what to main. I ended up with these two options: staff ele and condi firebrand. This is for PvE btw. I wanted a class that is viable in all modes. I'm mostly a solo player.I want to know your experiences with both classes since they both seem to have what I want: versatility and fun gameplay.I just want some advices about both classes because they already have what I want.Thank you!

• Weaver: high DPS, no utility, hard to play class
  • Firebrand: high DPS, good utility, easy to play class

Which one is the most flexible? Firebrand. It has viable builds for all three game modes (PvE, PvP and WvW), while Weaver is mostly a PvE class (and WvW, at best).Unless you love Elementalists thematically, don't bother with Weaver; choose Firebrand.

I agree with Fye's conclusion. Unless you know from other games that you love doing complex rotations and have great situational awareness, do not take a weaver. That spec does stellar damage when played by the right people, but that's a minority. Most average players will probably get better results on any other class. Not to forget that FB is indeed more versatile than the one-trick pony weaver.

Archived