Daily Achievement Limit Suggestion: Raising the Cap at least 5k for the release of Path of Fire

There’s a cap for a reason. We don’t specifically know that reason but we can speculate on it;Daily AP was a mistake (the most likely reason). The cap was introduced roughly around the time some players were edging towards 14/15k daily (and at the time, monthlyAP). As soon as Anet wanted to rework Achievement Point rewards, they capped Daily AP (like every other achievement is capped) because there is 0 effort required for those 10AP dailies and having a player only do these for rewards wouldn’t make sense. Which leads me into point number two;Daily AP being capped timegates how quickly players get the higher AP rewards, depending on the content they do or are willing to do.

Tldr; having a point reward for Dailies was most likely a mistake, so the cap is not likely to be lifted/increased.

Daily AP has always been there for as long as I've been playing, since 2012. I don't think it's a mistake as it keep the diligent logging in day after day. I still only have just over 3100 because I find dailies, in general, boring. Granted, in general, they are A LOT less time consuming these days than they used to be, where yo uhave a selection and only need to do 3. The cap was put in place to prevent people from reaching that 36000 mark too quickly...gotta keep that carrot out there. What I miss is the 4000 karma we used to get for doing dailies, mind you, in those days there were 5 objectives daily, you had to do all of them to get the jug of karma, and there were no options, but you got 2ap per objective completed, whether you did all of them or not.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:There’s a cap for a reason. We don’t specifically know that reason but we can speculate on it;Daily AP was a mistake (the most likely reason). The cap was introduced roughly around the time some players were edging towards 14/15k daily (and at the time, monthlyAP). As soon as Anet wanted to rework Achievement Point rewards, they capped Daily AP (like every other achievement is capped) because there is 0 effort required for those 10AP dailies and having a player only do these for rewards wouldn’t make sense. Which leads me into point number two;Daily AP being capped timegates how quickly players get the higher AP rewards, depending on the content they do or are willing to do.

Tldr; having a point reward for Dailies was most likely a mistake, so the cap is not likely to be lifted/increased.

Wut? Unless you get vista viewer and vendor dailies they take a boringly long time to complete, definitely not zero effort. And where does it show in-game that there's a 15k limit?! Logging in to get 10 extra AP was a staying point to veterans of the game; seems more like a mistake to NOT give that option to keep players coming back. That said, they probably put in the cap as a result of new players unable to get monthly achievements, and to allow some sense of "fairness" to AP leaderboards so it's not just a contest of how many days people have continuously logged in and done the dailies.

Which makes it even weirder that they would remove the incentive for people to keep doing dailies for AP for any reason, because that is a staying point for getting veterans to keep coming back to the game when they've completed most of the other content.

@Mal.1670 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:There’s a cap for a reason. We don’t specifically know that reason but we can speculate on it;Daily AP was a mistake (the most likely reason). The cap was introduced roughly around the time some players were edging towards 14/15k daily (and at the time, monthlyAP). As soon as Anet wanted to rework Achievement Point rewards, they capped Daily AP (like every other achievement is capped) because there is 0 effort required for those 10AP dailies and having a player only do these for rewards wouldn’t make sense. Which leads me into point number two;Daily AP being capped timegates how quickly players get the higher AP rewards, depending on the content they do or are willing to do.

Wut? Unless you get vista viewer and vendor dailies they take a boringly long time to complete, definitely not zero effort. And where does it show in-game that there's a 15k limit?! Logging in to get 10 extra AP was a staying point to veterans of the game; seems more like a mistake to NOT give that option to keep players coming back. That said, they probably put in the cap as a result of new players unable to get monthly achievements, and to allow some sense of "fairness" to AP leaderboards so it's not just a contest of how many days people have continuously logged in and done the dailies.

Which makes it even weirder that they would remove the incentive for people to keep doing dailies for AP for any reason, because that is a staying point for getting veterans to keep coming back to the game when they've completed most of the other content.

Most days you can complete the dailies in 5-10 min. If effort is defined by time spent then I’d say these require very little effort.

They have log in rewards to incentivize players to log in daily. Dailies are not needed for that other than to push players towards specific content.

I’ve never spent longer than 20mins doing my daily since it was reworked to 3 = completion. That was a long time ago. They are definitely the easiest 15kAP to get. (I’m about 500ap from the cap, been playing 5+yrs, so, obviously I’ve not done them as religiously as other players who hit the cap months/years ago).This veteran won’t stop doing her daily when she feels like it because She won’t earn points for it, for the effort required they don’t give a bad reward, actually.Veterans usually play the game past the daily stuff, that’s why they’re 12k+ Total AP higher than the cap.

Archived