Specialization weapons Collection for POF Bugged :(

All of my POF specialization collections for the new ascended weapons are bugged. I have unlocked those sunspear weapons and the skin is unlocked, BUT it didn't count towards the collection. I just started rebuying weapons for it, but that's expensive to have to unlock it twice to make it work :/ (I think someone said that if you salvaged the weapon it forgets to count towards the collection, but unlocks the skin. )This is a bug.

For reasons I don't understand, ANet says that this mechanic is intentional. You must manually add some weapon skins to a collection before salvaging or forging. (Equipping isn't so bad, since you can still "add" after.)

This has to be true for trinkets: they don't have a skin to unlock. And it's similarly true for miniatures: you must manually add them to the collection, too. (Which consumes them so they cannot be forged later, another anomaly.)

@"aandiarie.7195" you're not the first to run into this issue and you won't be the last.Send a support ticket and (politely, of course), let ANet know you forgot this step. They might be able to help.

I do wish ANet would explain why they think this is a good way to handle the weapons, or if it's simply too big a project to change. The impact on the market is negligible: unlocking binds the item to your account, just as "adding" does, salvaging & forging both destroy the item — in all cases, the item is removed from the economy.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:For reasons I don't understand, ANet says that this mechanic is intentional. You must manually add some weapon skins to a collection before salvaging or forging. (Equipping isn't so bad, since you can still "add" after.)

You are adding the items not the skins in this case. Unfortunately these items do not have unique skins which is a problem in this case. If a collection requires a skin, unlocking the skin will automatically add it to the collection. Why doesn't deleting an item automatically add it to a collection? Probably due to performance.

Triggering a "does this need to be added to a collection?" check each time a skin is unlocked is fine because that only happens once per skin per account. On the hand imagine triggering a "does this need to be added to a collection?" check every time an item is salvaged while someone is clearing off a few thousand pieces of unidentified gear. Salvaging probably occurs at several orders of magnitude more frequently than skin unlocks.

Also the OP is unclear about what actually happened. The regular sunspear weapons DO NOT count for the collection no matter what you do. I has to be the named weapons specified by the collection. There are only 6 weapons relevant to the collections so "a lot" also doesn't make much sense.

Archived