Can we have a beauty salon?

Using the term from PSO2 as I don't know what they would call it on here. Makeover salon?

Or maybe a quickly made standalone "character creator" while not on game?

Pretty much what I'm asking is a way to preview eeeeeeeeeeeeverything and I mean eeeeeeeeeeeverything.I want to preview hairstyles, hair colours, eye colours, skin colours, and I guess for like Norns the tattoos/body paint and of course for Charrs the fur patterns and for Asura the skin patterns, oh and if you're into that glowiness on Sylvari... those too obviously (forgot that Sylvaris can glow).

THEN on top of that, I want like the wardrobe tab from the crafting stations.I want to be able to preview all the pieces and all of the weapons (two at a time if it's not a two-handed weapon).

I want everything we can customize in the game previewable in one specific area.Why? Because if let's say I plan to make a new character, I would like to know how good/horrible she (or he, I guess) look before I go through with it.

I'm at the moment of fighting my brain cell(s) on if/when I make an Elementalist and finding it hard to really "preview" how she look because... well I can't see how she look.Even if I have the race already, I can't preview with different skin colours, hair, etc etc etc... I've said it all above already.

Sounds like this is a prime opportunity to make a gem store item for those with a passion for fashion. Would be in support of this - maybe make it 2k gems or similar.No offence but your original post just comes across as rather demanding.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Pretty much what I'm asking is a way to preview eeeeeeeeeeeeverything and I mean eeeeeeeeeeeverything.I want to preview hairstyles...THEN on top of that, I want like...I want to be able to preview all the pieces...I want everything we can customize in the game previewable in one specific area...

@Danikat.8537 said:If you have a character slot free you could make a 'practice' version of the character to try out different looks. If you're willing to spend the transmutation charges you can even put them in the skins you have in mind and see them in the world instead of in the preview window.

That doesn't work unless you have the skins beforehand.If there's a look/skin you had no plan on getting unless it works (let's say you like how the heavy funerary armour look, but don't have any funerary pieces) and have an idea for it on a Charr. You would have to go and get that funerary set 1st and mess around with it to see if you like it on the image in your head or not.In the end you could hate it though and felt like time wasted getting that funerary.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:If you have a character slot free you could make a 'practice' version of the character to try out different looks. If you're willing to spend the transmutation charges you can even put them in the skins you have in mind and see them in the world instead of in the preview window.

That doesn't work unless you have the skins beforehand.If there's a look/skin you had no plan on getting unless it works (let's say you like how the heavy funerary armour look, but don't have any funerary pieces) and have an idea for it on a Charr. You would have to go and get that funerary set 1st and mess around with it to see if you like it on the image in your head or not.In the end you could hate it though and felt like time wasted getting that funerary.

Ok, yeah. If you're thinking of combining a character you don't yet have and skins you don't yet have you can't check them out in the world, but you could still make the character and then preview the skins on them. The only thing you couldn't do then is preview those skins with gem store exclusive faces and hairstyles. But I think there's relatively few situations where that would be a problem. You can get an idea of things like whether hair will clip through armour even if you only preview the two separately.

I'm not saying your idea shouldn't be done, it would be useful. But it's highly unlikely it will happen any time soon so I'm trying to suggest work-arounds to use in the mean time.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Ok, yeah. If you're thinking of combining a character you don't yet have and skins you don't yet have you can't check them out in the world, but you could still make the character and then preview the skins on them. The only thing you couldn't do then is preview those skins with gem store exclusive faces and hairstyles. But I think there's relatively few situations where that would be a problem. You can get an idea of things like whether hair will clip through armour even if you only preview the two separately.

I'm not saying your idea shouldn't be done, it would be useful. But it's highly unlikely it will happen any time soon so I'm trying to suggest work-arounds to use in the mean time.

I also won't be able to preview dyes. I can't get a look of how something will be with just 4 dye points in the preview as it is.So even if I decided to cut the temp char's head off and just work from the neck down (meaning I won't even know how the hairstyle would look with a headgear I might like or not, I still can preview how I might like/hate it.

Archived