Critiques/Fixes about this WvW Build?

Odokuro.5049

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAsYVn8lCFmiFOBmOB8Phlqia+63+xv7Auuf07D6gAA-jVSBABYp87hHEglq/oxhQAgTIQ5HhgFVCin+Gi2f4dgAw7+5////v5////XKgx2aB-w

Now the general idea of this build, would be to maintain the whole, "Hit n' RUN", playstyle while doing your best to evade big hitting skills, with the ability reset fights at will. Beyond that, this would be for solo/small-group roaming as well as, "Scouting", for the Commander(s).

Ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

As the above said, you don't need to run both Don't Stop and UC.

I would swap out UC, honestly, as your build is relying on Don't Stop to keep yourself mobile with your extended swiftness, of which you have more than enough sources already. You're not running any of the Trickery utils either, like RoI or Withdraw, so you can't cleanse an abundance of movement impairing conditions, which means you'll have to cleanse with UC, and that will exhaust you if Don't Stop doesn't rid you of those conditions fast enough. Exhaustion will neuter the plentiful amount of Vigor sources you've got traited as well. Swapping out UC will lessen your mobility a bit though... Losing those peachy 450 range dodges, which can hurt your hit'n run theme.

Personally, I think Acrobatics and Daredevil are kind of redundant to run together. If you're running DrD for the dodges, you get enough from Acro and Vigor uptime as long as you can maintain it...I guess there's an argument for Escapist's though. All that's just my opinion though.

Good Luck with it!

You should build to where you're confident first then slowly reshape that build as you go. I don't know what your tier requires but I think you can do what you're asking with a core s/d build and use shortbow all over the world on stupid angles and heights so you can get used to being exactly where you want to be at the moment. If you want to hit and run, you need to be able to hit, and I think acro-trick-dd is a better brawler with staff and Upper Hand but you're just not going to be a factor unless you're in a messy defense where everyone's getting pulled.

Remember to CnD something when you get the creepy feeling that eyes are following you to drop yourself as a target, initiative well spent even if it's only prep.

3 things;1) Pain Response > Instant Reflexes - PR is the best anti-condition damage due to 16s CD.2) Sleight of Hand > Quick Pocket - Bountiful requires low Steal CD, thus SoH is a must have.3) Bound > UC - As others have said, UC is redundant with Don't Stop. Also, UC is now a liability due to Exhaustion.

If you're going for a "hit and run" play style, I would recommend swapping TR with CS and use S/P instead of S/D. This way, you aren't just playing "hit and run" but also "hide and seek".

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

1) Pain Response > Instant Reflexes - PR is the best anti-condition damage due to 16s CD.

Though Instant Reflexes is pretty great when faced with a bursty power build. Since it's WvW, that one is pretty easy to swap on the fly once you see your opponent has Condi food/wrench or Power food/wrench on their bar. I travel with Instant Reflexes and Escapist's Absolution for safety, but I'll switch to Pain Response or Impacting Disruption depending on what comes within targeting range.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived