Give revenant stealth

JayAction.9056

Title.

Would it be OP? I don't think so given revs pvp performance

Currently you have a class like Mesmer which has much higher damage, access to many evades, and invulnerabilities that allow it to one shot from stealth... Go back into stealth, pop Invulnerabilities, and deal damage while evading.... Basically continuously dropping the kind of damage that will one shot you but never getting hit in return due to being given every type of defense in game besides heavy armor.

Rev is worse all around.

Edit:

Like a 7 second stealth on legend swap for mid combat and target break. Maybe have it tacked on in a few legends at the end of an attack or their stun breaks/jalis stab also. Then, add something that maybe boosts damage of two attacks by 50-75% so that burst out of stealth is always beast and self-alacrity while in stealth and maybe a trait to grant prot/resist or something else defensive while in stealth.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any changes to numbers on things we already have are going to be happening. The numbers on rev were nerfed for over a year straight, even after Rev began noticeably under performing. Then, look at Renegade. The energy cost on all its utility skills suggest they are stronger than scourge AOE and DH traps but in reality they are possibly worst AOEs in game.

Give us a few forms of stealth and a unique way of applying it mid combat and it opens up so many possibilities without straight buffing anything. Then, rev still has the over the top weakness to condi damage so it's balanced.

@"otto.5684" said:I do not think stealth is the best way to go forward. We are better off with better sustainability and condi cleanse.

Why not? Give it more sustain and condi cleanse, and it's just going to be a rip off guard/warr.

Condi cleanse goes against the main weakness the class was supposed to have too. You know the devs like for things to have "flavor".

Rev should have stealth.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@"otto.5684" said:I do not think stealth is the best way to go forward. We are better off with better sustainability and condi cleanse.

Why not? Give it more sustain and condi cleanse, and it's just going to be a rip off guard/warr.

Condi cleanse goes against the main weakness the class was supposed to have too. You know the devs like for things to have "flavor".

Rev should have stealth.

Rev had good sustain early in HoT and it always had its own flavor. The stealth would not make it unique, just a less effective thief rip-off. There is no offensive synergy what so ever for rev to have stealth like Mesmer and thief, and defensively eng and ranger have much better sustain and condi removal on top of stealth.

I much rather have tools effective in most situations. Even if we add stealth, it still does not resolve anything for rev.

Add it as a Stealth/Support Legend, similar to SA traitline but provide more support/sustain while Stealh/enter stealth for group play/support and sustain. Throw in a Persiting AoE that causes the Revealed debuff to any Enemy inside of it that heals and stealths Allies.

Just think you can go Venturi/Stealth Legend or Shiro/Stealth Legend(Flavor city right there the Legendary Assassin having Stealth)

Rev should not have Stealth, rev should better not exist at all in its current state and be better completely redesigned from scratch!!..

The Revenant with some of its gap closing skills already feels like a real cheap rip off from merging warrior with thief together that are superior due to beign able to attack multiple foes either at once or a target multiple times after another with just 1 skill, while the counterpart skill of the thief does not do that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_AssaultThis is basically what a Sword Thief Skill should have been instead with the Thief performing several quick short Shadow Steps between nearby targets..The skill description even says its a "shadow step" ..seriously ???Classes should be UNIQUE and not copy each others skill types and mechanics!! This includes Stealth

@"Orpheal.8263" said:Rev should not have Stealth, rev should better not exist at all in its current state and be better completely redesigned from scratch!!..

The Revenant with some of its gap closing skills already feels like a real cheap rip off from merging warrior with thief together that are superior due to beign able to attack multiple foes either at once or a target multiple times after another with just 1 skill, while the counterpart skill of the thief does not do that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_AssaultThis is basically what a Sword Thief Skill should have been instead with the Thief performing several quick short Shadow Steps between nearby targets..The skill description even says its a "shadow step" ..seriously ???Classes should be UNIQUE and not copy each others skill types and mechanics!! This includes Stealth

Revenant does need work, everyone knows that. However, you do know that Shadowstep isnt a Thief only mechanic right? Mechanics DO get shared between classes, Mesmer has it as well for example.

I do think stealth would thematically fit with their idea of "renegade"... As would ambush skills... And also traps.

That said, I don't really want any of those... Sometimes it just feels good to be playing a mostly cheeseless class.

(Although I did get called out for cheese today in a ranked match by some scourge who was duo queueing with another scourge cuz I went hammer and destroyed them all game, but that doesn't count... :tongue: )

@XxsdgxX.8109 said:Stealth is such a terrible and unhealthy mechanic for this game, what I'd give for them to rework it or to totally remove it from the game.

Honestly, I think stealth/invisibility would probably be fine if they just increased the range of Reveal skills. Cuz like, with Gaze of Darkness's range (360), you can only realistically use it to preemptively block a target from stealthing when you're going for a kill. It'd be nice if you could use it to actually, you know, REVEAL somebody that you just know is setting up a stealth burst on you... Give it a more defensive use in addition to it's kill securing purpose that we already have.

@Aeolus.3615 said:expect traps and stealth and portal with power creep damage on rifle ravenant for next expantion, and tons off passive resistance.Some sorta bounty hunter

Many people suspect that next expac will have a GS revenant elite spec. Perhaps something like a slayer or vanquisher style legend but I guess they need to stay away from it being too similar to Shiro.

Seems like devs were forced to choose Kalla Scorchrazor instead of the better suited option which was Pyre Fierceshot simply to keep gender balance and not to be accused of picking mostly male legends.

If for whatever reason, they pick rifle - can we channel Scarlet :o ?

I'd rather them not as stealth doesn't fit the role of the soldier profession.

Increased sustain and better condi cleanse / blocking / anti stun are the various buffs that would fix rev without breaking it too far from other heavy classes. Guardian and Warrior excel at these by comparison to Rev by a very large margin. When coordinated teams see a rev they often focus the shit out of you because they know Rev has to expend all energy to stay alive if focused and has no real get out of jail cards like most other professions do.

Stealth can be a pretty big get out of jail card by itself and stealth can also be used to get 1-3 of your biggest attacks out without retaliation and also allow most people to run zerker on rev which I'm aware most people don't in pvp.

Like a 7 second stealth on legend swap for mid combat and target break. Maybe have it tacked on in a few legends at the end of an attack or their stun breaks. Then, add something that maybe boosts damage of two attacks by 50-75% so that burst out of stealth is always beast and self-alacrity while in stealth and maybe a trait to grant prot/resist or something else defensive while in stealth.

That's all the sustain we need man. It will most definitely freshen things up, and keep this prof away from being warr/guard with less viable weapons.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Give it to Warriors too, then.

Only fair.

Warrior doesn't have the issues that rev has pvp. They are in a different tier... Full counter lmfao..

This isn't warr thread though, thanks.

Haha. Warriors are suffering exactly the same problems at the hands of classes with Stealth and teleport and crap as Revenant, don't kid yourself.

But that is beside the point.

My point was to prove how silly the idea is to give Revenant stealth by bringing up Warrior. You neatly proved that point by your extreme overreaction to my reply - thank you.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Give it to Warriors too, then.

Only fair.

Warrior doesn't have the issues that rev has pvp. They are in a different tier... Full counter lmfao..

This isn't warr thread though, thanks.

Haha. Warriors are suffering exactly the same problems at the hands of classes with Stealth and teleport and crap as Revenant, don't kid yourself.

But that is beside the point.

My point was to prove how silly the idea is to give Revenant stealth by bringing up Warrior. You neatly proved that point by your extreme overreaction to my reply - thank you.

To be fair, revenant was originally designed to be sort of a heavy armored assassin. Thematically it would make sense for them to have stealth or more shadowsteps, but balance wise it probably isn't a good idea. The problem with rev is that it dances between being a bruiser and assassin which are two things that should never be mixed and is either going to be overpowered or underpowered. Saying they should give warrior stealth because rev would have it is asinine. They aren't an in-and-out class like rev and thief are. That's why it would sorta make sense to give it to rev.

Archived