Festive Confetti Infusions

Droprate is definitely low ( not sure about a comparison with the chak egg ).The fact it isn't on the TP is due to the fact that it's something which is traded outside the game due its value ( real cash ), because there's not control in terms of mail ( there are limits on golds you can send, but not about items ).

• 4 weeks later...

do you have a chance for it to drop if you dont do the coin event? few minutes i work my a.. off and then we cant kill the legendary. lfg didnt work noone joined.i hate the event but i had to do it i think because if not the choya dont spawn at all. i worked for it and no kill, why is the kitten mob not scaled to the amount of players there? or is the event only to waste our time? if there are not enough ppl. i want those infusion so bad but anet dont want me get it dropped. its bad.they think i dont deserve the infusion.. its bad because i am a nice gw2 player and i buy their gamer :)

@Limodriver.4106 said:yet anet was telling ppl to not buy raid b/c most of them involve RMT. well look your own game u made it that way with crap RNG ppl are force to go outside the game to get the stuff they want.

Or people could just realize that not every person is going to get every item they want. Just because your in a fantasy game world, doesn't mean all of life's rules just go out the window lol. If the biggest problem you have is that you have to pay money to make your character look like a festival threw up on them I think you'll be fine. Not everything in this game needs to be easily acquired, there's nothing wrong with rare items.

@"Limodriver.4106" said:yet anet was telling ppl to not buy raid b/c most of them involve RMT. well look your own game u made it that way with crap RNG ppl are force to go outside the game to get the stuff they want.

No they didn't tell players not to buy/sell raid runs. Read it again.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

Other players have provided a service of convenience or carry through the years, and our official stance is that the selling or buying of runs is completely acceptable.

What Gaile was saying is that account sharing and RMT is against the rules.

She also stated:

Second, after digging into the origins of the funds involved in large transfers, we learned that almost all of them were directly involved in some form of Fraud and/or RMT. Obviously, Fraud is disallowed, and Real Money Trading (RMT) is absolutely against the rules.

In other words, most raid runs that involve a really high price and/or high valued items traded involved some kind of RMT.

In summary, the buying and selling of runs is acceptable, but ArenaNet does not officially support buyers or sellers. Buying or selling of runs is done at your own risk. If we investigate a transfer and establish that funds originated from fraud or RMT, we will take action against all parties involved. That action, depending on the situation, could include removal of funds, account suspension, and/or account termination.

Get your facts straight.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Droprate is definitely low ( not sure about a comparison with the chak egg ).The fact it isn't on the TP is due to the fact that it's something which is traded outside the game due its value ( real cash ), because there's not control in terms of mail ( there are limits on golds you can send, but not about items ).

Its traded outside the TP because the player base values it higher than the trading post limit of 10k gold (most of them go for 14-18k gold). While some players may decide to sell it for RMT, plenty of them are traded for other valuable items and gold outside the TP.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Droprate is definitely low ( not sure about a comparison with the chak egg ).The fact it isn't on the TP is due to the fact that it's something which is traded outside the game due its value ( real cash ), because there's not control in terms of mail ( there are limits on golds you can send, but not about items ).

Its traded outside the TP because the player base values it higher than the trading post limit of 10k gold (most of them go for 14-18k gold). While some players may decide to sell it for RMT, plenty of them are traded for other valuable items and gold outside the TP.

I don't see how this could not be applied to real cash trades too.Or maybe you simply wanted to say that there are also players which buy outside TP for golds and not real cash ( which is true ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

I don't see how this could not be applied to real cash trades too.Or maybe you simply wanted to say that there are also players which buy outside TP for golds and not real cash ( which is true ).

Your original statement insinuated that the primary reason it isn't on the TP is that it's traded for real money. While I agree that off-TP trades are what's keeping them away from TP, I find it much more likely that the majority of off-TP trades are legitimate traded of item-gold or item-item, as there is an established grey market for that kind of trade.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Your original statement insinuated that the primary reason it isn't on the TP is that it's traded for real money. While I agree that off-TP trades are what's keeping them away from TP, I find it much more likely that the majority of off-TP trades are legitimate traded of item-gold or item-item, as there is an established grey market for that kind of trade.

That's obvious.If you want to think different and not to consider the irl cash black market be my guest.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

That's obvious.If you want to think different and not to consider the irl cash black market be my guest.

Of course some shmucks buy it in real money trades, I just very strongly doubt that has a higher impact, or represents a larger volume of trades, than the off-TP item-gold trades.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

The problem is that you're giving inordinate importance to RMT without specific evidence. I can't speak to the Confetti Infusion market (as others note, it hasn't be around that long). However, with regards to the gw2exchange market for the Chak Egg Sac Infusion... much of the volume in trade comes from the same few individuals: they buy (low) and resell (high). Those individuals made all their gold in-game (mostly from TP trading, which is no coincidence).

In other words, the evidence is that the off-TP trading in those infusions can be explained without considering RMT. If you have evidence that points the other way, I'd be very interested to see it.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:In other words, the evidence is that the off-TP trading in those infusions can be explained without considering RMT. If you have evidence that points the other way, I'd be very interested to see it.

Since there are no data for both we are discussing about nothing.Whatever you think that most of the transitions which happen not on TP could come from Golds or Cash, there is no outcome.

But I see that you think that is way more legit to think about "more players which buy things like confetti infusions for gold, instead of money".Your point.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:In other words, the evidence is that the off-TP trading in those infusions can be explained without considering RMT. If you have evidence that points the other way, I'd be very interested to see it.

Since there are no data for both we are discussing about nothing.Whatever you think that most of the transitions which happen not on TP could come from Golds or Cash, there is no outcome.

But there is data. I've been watching people buy and sell the infusions via the exchange since their buy offer price hit 10k. (The posts are still there, so you can take a look, too.) And the primary traders are a tiny group of people and we know how they make their coin.

But I see that you think that is way more legit to think about "more players which buy things like confetti infusions for gold, instead of money".Your point.

"More legit" — what does that even mean?

I don't see that there's any evidence that RMT is a major factor in off-TP trading. And in-game gold does explain a huge portion of the trades we know about.

Can RMT theoretically have a meaningful impact on the off-market or in-market value of items? sure. Just because we can describe a theory doesn't mean it's worth consideration; there has to be some evidence or lack of other explanation.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:In other words, the evidence is that the off-TP trading in those infusions can be explained without considering RMT. If you have evidence that points the other way, I'd be very interested to see it.

But there is data. I've been watching people buy and sell the infusions via the exchange since their buy offer price hit 10k. (The posts are still there, so you can take a look, too.) And the primary traders are a tiny group of people and we know how they make their coin.

"More legit" — what does that even mean?

I don't see that there's any evidence that RMT is a major factor in off-TP trading. And in-game gold does explain a huge portion of the trades we know about.

Can RMT theoretically have a meaningful impact on the off-market or in-market value of items? sure. Just because we can describe a theory doesn't mean it's worth consideration; there has to be some evidence or lack of other explanation.

There's data from outside the game for both trades ( gold and cash ).I still fatigue to understand what are you pointing at.

Ps: if you happened to see trades for 10k for the confetti they were those who hit a buyout in order to sell outisde the game ( i feel sorry for those who didn't realize the real value of the item though ), because its price were higher than 10k + taxes. About the kind of trade, both were definitely possible.

And about which one is more used, there's no answer ( unless you expect to find an equal amount of illegal trades on the net, with account names, prices, and so on ).

This and other infusions like chak egg sac should be sold by a NPC in exchange for map currency (make it expensive for all I care). If there are some problems with IRL cash transfers in regards to these items then A-Net is at least partly to blame for it. These exotics are so rare they make legendaries look cheap by comparison lol. And it's not like as if there is any other way to get them besides fighting the RNG wall or looking for the one person (out of XXXXX) that actually got lucky. It's just bad game design, plain and simple.

Archived