Please put Courtyard back in unranked arena.

FATHERGITA.5249

Please add the Courtyard team deathmatch to unranked arena. I haven't been able to play this since it was removed from the Que.Please add the 2v2 Hall of the Mists to unranked arenas rotation as well. I've never even seen this map.

Iots of time was put into making and designing those 2 maps, few see them because no one does custom arena matches.

Please, please, please, I beg of thee.

Yeah, a seperate 2v2 unranked queue would certainly get people to at least use them. Seems counterproductive: make a bunch of 2v2 maps so you can at one point organise a 2v2 tournament? How about letting us queue for it now, let us figure out what's broken & what's not and USE that feedback to turn it into a solid mode.. But hey no queue for it? sure, just dont expect anyone to ever use them.

If i remembered well, courtyard was'nt a popular map becuz it was a messy looking map with a penchant for zerging that was continuously exploited. Also, in the end to have access to it you had to dish out 200 gold. No one really wanted to spend 200 gold a month for that mess. so it was taken out. In the other hand, if it was free in unrank, i'm pretty sure it would have it's niche community.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:ive been bugging about Courtyard.

Last response I got early last year was they might look into doing something with it, adding a mechanic to it.

It's pretty unlikely we ever add Courtyard back to the unranked queue. It just gives too much of an advantage to 5 man teams and people are generally spec'd specifically for conquest. We still plan to run special tournaments on the map. Once we get swiss done, it's one of the first things I want to do with AT's.

Additionally, we've also started work on a version of Courtyard using the Arena rules. No respawn and best of 3 rounds for custom arenas. That might be the better version for us to run a special AT with.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Last response I got early last year was they
might
look into doing something with it, adding a mechanic to it.

It's pretty unlikely we ever add Courtyard back to the unranked queue. It just gives too much of an advantage to 5 man teams and people are generally spec'd specifically for conquest. We still plan to run special tournaments on the map. Once we get swiss done, it's one of the first things I want to do with AT's.

Additionally, we've also started work on a version of Courtyard using the Arena rules. No respawn and best of 3 rounds for custom arenas. That might be the better version for us to run a special AT with.

Will u run it as a 2v2 map? If so have you considered making it so ppl can run 3v3s as they are generally more exciting to watch than 2v2s.

• ArenaNet Staff

@zealex.9410 said:

might

Will u run it as a 2v2 map? If so have you considered making it so ppl can run 3v3s as they are generally more exciting to watch than 2v2s.

It would be run as a 5v5 map. But without the end of match stuff we do. Related, there's nothing stopping anyone from running 3v3 on the 2v2 custom arenas. We will likely do so as a special tournament someday as well.

might

And conquest doesn't give too much of an advantage to 5 man teams? It might sound odd, but some people might decide they care or feel more about having fun on a given day than about winning. They may decide its not the end of the world if they were expecting a conquest map, but got courtyard.

For those of us who sometimes enjoy playing PvP specifically for the fun aspect, could we get a new matchmaking type? We could name it unranked unranked, since competition and winning are obviously the only reasons people play unranked.

I agree courtyard or deathmatch styles could be made more competitive than it is setup now. However, to me thats not a reason for all out denying the game type to those who just want to play for fun rather than compete in tournaments.

might

It would be run as a 5v5 map. But without the end of match stuff we do. Related, there's nothing stopping anyone from running 3v3 on the 2v2 custom arenas. We will likely do so as a special tournament someday as well.

Courtyard is a really small map and it feels insanely cramped. Not to mention vision is really bad due to the ways cameras are interacting in the tight spaces. Could you adjust this before you add anything back into ques?

might

Can you please give us a separate q like stronghold then?

Screw the AT's, let us pugs play death match!

Wow, I'm super impressed that ANET responded to my post. I greatly appreciate it. Well if those 2 BG's will be tournament only perhaps the frequency of those will increase. Most times I log in the automated tournaments are closed. I don't know too much about them to be honest. I'll have to look into it. I never really play with anyone, just myself and sometimes a real life buddy after work. Conquest is great don't get me wrong, but It would be cool to mix it up a bit with a different game mode is all.

While I have ANET attention,. I think 1v1 Dueling would be a cool edition to the game. /duel

Thanks guys again for the response!

might

I want to know why you're so concerned about giving a 5 man team an advantage? A 5 man team should have an advantage. If soloq people get consistently destroyed by a 5 man teams, it should motivate them to find friends and get good. Making PvP in this game more and more casual and uncompetitive is a really bad idea, even in unranked.

I don't get why 5 man teams or people speccing for conquest would be an issue. Just add a checkbox for Courtyard and a checkbox for the 2v2 maps, just like Stronghold has. This way, people in Unranked can simply opt in or out for the game modes they want to play.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Ugh, please never add that kitten back to ranked or unranked. Stomps are the norm for that map. I won't participate in an event like that, even as a masochist.If they have a checkbox next to it, then there is no reason for you to be against it being Unranked, since you would never be forced to queue for it.

Archived