'Trophy/Collection' items

Biff.5312

I've completed a couple of the Mistward achievements, the reward for which is the item. At that point, do I need to keep the assembled components for any reason? Also, do I need to keep them even before I finish the achievement or is it enough to have had them in the past? I'm trying to clear space but I'm afraid of deleting anything because I have no idea what half of it might be for.

If you've completed that part of the achievement (or the whole achievement), you can sell/delete/use the items. I like to take a screenshot of my inventory and possibly my achievement panel to document before I sell/delete/use, just in case. Support can help you get something back or put credit through for something in the case of any exceptions.

Mistward is pretty safe to sell/delete from. I completed that a while ago and remember selling items as I went along.

@Randulf.7614 said:Once an item ticks itself off from a collection panel, it is safe to delete or sell (some are vendor trash, some aren't). It's an annoying quirk of the system

This is correct.

I think the only exception to this rule is some of the items used in crafting precursor and legendary weapons. Some of those are needed as part of a collection but then also used in the actual crafting process later on.

If you want to make absolutely sure you can check any item by searching for it on the Wiki (or type /wiki [item name] into chat e.g. /wiki Mistward Boot Lining - that will open the Wiki page automatically). The Wiki page will list all the possible uses for it.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Once an item ticks itself off from a collection panel, it is safe to delete or sell (some are vendor trash, some aren't). It's an annoying quirk of the system

This is correct.

I think the only exception to this rule is some of the items used in crafting precursor and legendary weapons. Some of those are needed as part of a collection but then also used in the actual crafting process later on.

If you want to make absolutely sure you can check any item by searching for it on the Wiki (or type /wiki [item name] into chat e.g. /wiki Mistward Boot Lining - that will open the Wiki page automatically). The Wiki page will list all the possible uses for it.

or wait until the whole collection is completed

@Khisanth.2948 said:

This is correct.

or wait until the whole collection is completed

If you're actively working on a collection that's an option. But if you just happen to pick up some pieces for one you're not planning to complete for a while (or not able to complete for a while) you can quickly end up with a bank full of useless items.

I toss all the items into a bank and move to a mule until I am waiting around for something (friends to finish up and join the dungeon/fractal or an event to start etc). Then I look up a bunch of stuff at once. I find it less exhausting to do it "assembly line" style rather than whenever I have a new item; the latter whittle down my patience in a "death by a thousand account bound items without a vendor price" sort of way.

Archived