How to never lose gambling

Rikimaru.7890

Yes obviously there is no way to always win, but this neat little trick will prevent you from losing more gold than you are willing to wager.

You may think thats actually easy to do but assuming you get a huge win in ecto which will allow you to buy several Glob of Destabilized Ectoplasm/Sandstorm Flush Hand in one turn it's easy to lose far more than you were willing to risk at the start. This method will simply make sure that never happens.

Now first you need to decide how much gold you are willing to gamble, for the sake of the argument I will just use the absolute minimum i.e. 100g + 250 ecto.So let's assume you have 2100g and 250 ecto, what you need to do is deposit the remaining 2000g so you won't lose any of it if you manage to get more tries after the first.To do that all you need to do is place on order/s on an item that is very expensive like Eternity. Obviously no one will sell you Eternity for 2000g so your gold is "safe" and once you are done gambling you just have to cancel the order and you will get all your money back. If however you have a lot more like say 10100g (and are really greedy :p ) all you have to do is place multiple orders on same item that are low. So you just have to plase 5 orders on Eternity per 2000g and your 10000g is all "safe" now.

So now that all you have left is 100g (or any other amount you wish to gamble) you can start gambling. Obviously you will only "win" if you get more gold and ecto than when you gambled and you will be able to try again then. Obviously if you get 25g and/or 50 ecto return you will end up with only 1 try. If however you win 150g and 300 ecto at minimum you will have another try. After that just keep gambling until you won't have enough ecto or gold for even 1 more try. If you run out of required amount of ecto then it's probably best to stop at that point or you can buy more with some of the gold you won to try again, but you will probably be pushing your luck then. If however you lose gold but win more ecto my advice is to sell a stack of it which will cover most of your losses. A stack of ecto is currently worth around 50g so if you get 25g return only you can sell the ecto for a 75g return in total which will result in you losing only 25g. After that just quit for now and try again when you reach a stack of ecto again.

Same method can be used with the lower bets like Clump of Destabilized Ectoplasm. Well that's it hope it helps and good luck gambling.

Not only is the title misleading but the advice doesn't even help. What's to stop you from just cancelling your order and wasting that money on gambling? Nothing. This method will NOT "ensure that never happens". You even put "safe" in double-quotes to highlight how unsafe this advice is.

Look, a more effective suggestion would be to give the bulk of your gold to a trusted friend and tell them not to return it until a certain time. Obviously, it won't prevent you from wasting the gold after you get it back and it requires you to have a trusted friend, but if can do this it will at least protect your gold for a period of time, unlike the put-it-on-the-tp method where you can get it back at any time.

I never lose at gambling, as I never gamble.

Okay that's a lie, 99% of the time I gamble until I lose. Meaning if I keep winning, I'll keep going. Lose once, and I never go back again.GW2 I've never gambled the ecto so I don't know how that works.As for keys/chest, not sure if it's gambling if I decide every so often to waste 2 to 5 keys on a (OPINION) horrible chest that's in rotation and get nothing I want which... makes sense when it's a horrible chest in my opinion where the only thing I see I want is the permanent contract, I have a near 100% chance to lose.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I never lose at gambling, as I never gamble.

Okay that's a lie, 99% of the time I gamble until I lose. Meaning if I keep winning, I'll keep going. Lose once, and I never go back again.GW2 I've never gambled the ecto so I don't know how that works.As for keys/chest, not sure if it's gambling if I decide every so often to waste 2 to 5 keys on a (OPINION) horrible chest that's in rotation and get nothing I want which... makes sense when it's a horrible chest in my opinion where the only thing I see I want is the permanent contract, I have a near 100% chance to lose.

The chests to me are gambling. You open them and you're gambling that you get something you want and/or something you can sell out of it.

@Seera.5916 said:

The chests to me are gambling. You open them and you're gambling that you get something you want and/or something you can sell out of it.

I mean if you pay money for the keys, then yes.Me personally will never spend a dime on the keys.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

I mean if you pay money for the keys, then yes.Me personally will never spend a dime on the keys.

There is a saying about time being money and it does take time to get a key, whether you're farming or not.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Gambling is like the movie
WarGames
:

The only way to win is to not play.Not true.

It is possible to gamble on games of skill such as poker and win. It's done all the time.

You and I both know that we're not talking about that kind of gambling here.

The kind of gambling the OP is talking about is analogous to games that are pure chance, not ones where player skill is taken into account.

@Seera.5916 said:

There is a saying about time being money and it does take time to get a key, whether you're farming or not.

I get 99% of mine from map completion which is something I actually enjoy doing. So I pretty much get keys from just playing.The other 1% of course would be the weekly key when I remember to do those.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

WarGames
:

It is possible to gamble on games of skill such as poker and win. It's done all the time.

The kind of gambling the OP is talking about is analogous to games that are pure chance, not ones where player skill is taken into account.Where does he say that?

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

WarGames
:

The kind of gambling the OP is talking about is analogous to games that are pure chance, not ones where player skill is taken into account.Where does he say that?

By referring to ecto gambling?

Archived