Loosing every placement is not fun

MichalAniol.5807

After loosing 5/10 placements in a row, most of them around 500-200 I am not even gonna finish them this season. Rewards are not worth it. If you refuse to play yolosmith or scourge you have basically no chance. Got stacked with 10 condis with multiple stacks AT ONCE.

Sniping people around zerg with zerker deadeye is 10x more fun than this. Good luck to people who still have nerves to play this shit ^^

@MichalAniol.5807 "If you refuse to play yolosmith or scourge you have basically no chance. Got stacked with 10 condis with multiple stacks AT ONCE."

You do realize if you got that many conditions its because you went against a scourge with several boons on your self which is a big no no ....The more boons you have on your self the more the scourge corrupts and turns into conditions I realize boons procing from passive traits cant be helped to an extent.

That being said if you are knowingly going against a scourge and choosing to pop several boons on your self during or prior to engaging you are literally helping the scourge kill you....If you cannot kill the scourge and you know no matter what you do that fact is constant then you shouldn't even be near one while under the effect of several boons.

Also ....Scourges are not god mode they are not unkillable they can be ranged to death with ease if you aren't willing to range them or unable to or you don't have a teammate with you that you can 2v1 the scourge with then your options are very clear either let it kill you then respawn or idk ...go to a different point and try to make up for it...

Also on a final note if you cant handle scourges in PvP why head to WvW? "Sniping people around zerg with zerker deadeye is 10x more fun than this. Good luck to people who still have nerves to play this kitten ^^"

Some people like to make out scourge and holosmith like they are unkillable and extremely easy to play while being completely devoid of skill yet when said players who can barely get out of BRONZE when supposively most if not All the good players have left said finger pointer players return to their WvW gank squads where 4v1ing from stealth is the meta and somehow is passed off as if it requires anymore skill then that if playing scourge or holosmith the concept seems rather confusing tbh.

@Luciferior.4802 said:@MichalAniol.5807 "If you refuse to play yolosmith or scourge you have basically no chance. Got stacked with 10 condis with multiple stacks AT ONCE."

You do realize if you got that many conditions its because you went against a scourge with several boons on your self which is a big no no ....The more boons you have on your self the more the scourge corrupts and turns into conditions I realize boons procing from passive traits cant be helped to an extent.

That being said if you are knowingly going against a scourge and choosing to pop several boons on your self during or prior to engaging you are literally helping the scourge kill you....If you cannot kill the scourge and you know no matter what you do that fact is constant then you shouldn't even be near one while under the effect of several boons.

I know they corrupt boons but what if I go as spellbraker and the only thing I pop is resistance? Even so, if my teammates proc many boons because that's what their class do - how corrupting so much is "balanced"? You don't have boons at all? Here, take this condis. WTF?

And yes, I have more fun sniping single target when zerg is fighting than to go against scourges and yolosmiths in a cap-a-node mode. Belive me or not, I'm not a part of a ganksquad. I havent played WvW for years. I'm no super player at all, it feels better that way imo.

I'm not going to write more topics like this because I acknowledge them to be saltiness coming out of me too and I know everyone who is just a bit salty here is looked down as pathetic.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I lost a placement match today where 2 people was disconnected from pretty much the start on my team, but no worries a third person was disconnected from the enemy team after a while to balance it out. Of course we had zero chance.

Still counts as a valid placement match.

Actually it shouldn't count in total as far as I know (read about it in other thread where dev said that).

First, got to say to OP that yes, placement matches can be pretty - well - random, and after placements you easily face either constant win or loose streak. This time I was lucky, I have been in pretty decent win streak after placements. Even in support druid. Second is of course, that certain classes and certain builds can carry, and you get ranks by your own excellence, some other classes & builds cant carry, and you are stuck to the rank of your average team.

Anyways:

@Luciferior.4802 said:Also ....Scourges are not god mode they are not unkillable they can be ranged to death with ease if you aren't willing to range them or unable to or you don't have a teammate with you that you can 2v1 the scourge with then your options are very clear either let it kill you then respawn or idk ...go to a different point and try to make up for it...

To the discussions about Scourge, I think this says it very clearly. If you are not ranged, you will die. As a melee, you might survive against a scourge, if you have backup (e.g. a ranged team mate killing the scourge). If the scourge is backed up by a support, well, probably best to stay out of their way (as we do). And yes, mostly playing ranger so this scourges' melee-unfriendliness does not concern me that much, except that if scourge somehow sneaks close to me (like, I'm kept busy by her team mates), it is horrible that all my efforts to try to escape are turned to crawling... Scourge is like a black hole, if it gets too close, you can't escape anymore.

Last season I won 8 out of 10. This season I lost 8 out of 10. Something seemed incredibly off this season. Now I’m stuck in matches with scourges that somehow die in half a second, stack maybe three bleeds on the enemy, and firebrands that fight near the enemies base in foefire near waterfall without even capping it and use the excuse that they’re supporting the thief and someone else.... against ONE Mesmer. I’m sure I suck, as I do at most things in life, but my teams in most matches this season have been pretty terrible. It’s either we win by a landslide and I could be autoattacking because my team actually works together and knows what they’re doing, or I go all out in attempt to carry or salvage and my team is at the spawn every 2 minutes leaving me outnumbered everywhere I go.

It’s true that there is a significant imbalance, but if you want an easy fight against a scourge then queue up when I am. I’m generally guaranteed to get one or two that don’t even know how to dodge.

It’s sad too because if some of them are using the meta battle build with the rune of adventure they have plenty of survivability.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next balance patch and hoping some things may even get slightly reworked.

Archived