Contesting Waypoints — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Contesting Waypoints

tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

Recommend a change whereby waypoints can only be contested via siege. This solve the problem of individuals pending hours at a clip doing nothing more than getting temporary agro on sharks, guards, etc. and scurrying away for a handful of minutes before returning to do the same thing. I've literally witnessed some players do this for hours at a time.

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's already an ongoing thread...

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, I'll find it and chime in there.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tippolit.3591 said:
    Thanks, I'll find it and chime in there.

://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24969/the-matter-on-players-tapping-and-contesting-towers

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's as easy to check swords as it is to contest a keep, it only requires 1 person to do either.

If however the better solution would be to only have the keep/tower contested if there's seige hitting, I can guarantee half as many people would check those swords as they currently do, because people are afraid of seige and having to fight back against an uncertain amount of enemies by themselves. But, if by chance someone did check seige contested swords, chances are whatever group is there attacking has already broken in and defense counter measures would be too late anyway.

The system is fine the way it is.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2018

@tippolit.3591 said:
    Recommend a change whereby waypoints can only be contested via siege. This solve the problem of individuals pending hours at a clip doing nothing more than getting temporary agro on sharks, guards, etc. and scurrying away for a handful of minutes before returning to do the same thing. I've literally witnessed some players do this for hours at a time.

Hahaha, seriously?, then Red Keep on ebg will be contested 24/7. ....

MY SUGGESTION:
    situation whereby a keep is contested, just a rough idea.
    1) the presense of your server's population on a map in ratio to the other server , IE: if you are a blobserver you cannot ever contest the outnumbered server.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.