Anyone seen a dragon flying around LA?

Falson.5284

Or anywhere else for that matter? Saw it from a distance flying around the sky in LA. Looked kind of like one of the holographic dragon projections from way back in Dragon Bash, but given the current expansion and living world, maybe it's something new relating to living world? Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.

@Hitlit.7630 said:Or anywhere else for that matter? Saw it from a distance flying around the sky in LA. Looked kind of like one of the holographic dragon projections from way back in Dragon Bash, but given the current expansion and living world, maybe it's something new relating to living world? Just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this.

are u sure it wasn't me flying at super high altitude?

5 possibilities I can think of:

1. It was someone on a griffon (you can get stupidly high up on a griffon in LA).
  2. It's Aurene and it's a teaser for future Living World/Current Events stuff.
  3. It was an Elder Dragon or their minions and it's a teaser for future Living World stuff.
  4. It actually was the holographic dragon and it's a teaser for the return of Dragon Bash.
  5. It's a bug.

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:Hope they at least added more anti-flying artillery to guard LA from unwanted visitors. If not we better motivate the city to look into that (and should be done for all the main cities).

They actually did. There's cannons all along the water front and around Fort Marriner. And of course Vigil airships stationed in LA now.

@Dashiva.6149 said:I kinda hope Tequatl got another mysterious powerup and assaults LA directly! It's about time that Lion statue gets destroyed yet again.

Can't go check ingame atm, but I recall we don't actually have any lion statues in Lion's Arch atm? xDI do hope good old Teqqy-boy decides to slaughter hundreds of people by dropping some old ruins or something over all that unused space though!

(I really like all the actual explorable houses and tight alley areas surrounding the coastline and Commodore's Quarter, but all that empty space almost everywhere else could totally use some renovating! The hub city just doesn't feel like one nowadays. ':D)

@"Danikat.8537" said:5 possibilities I can think of:

1. It was someone on a griffon (you can get stupidly high up on a griffon in LA).
  2. It's Aurene and it's a teaser for future Living World/Current Events stuff.
  3. It was an Elder Dragon or their minions and it's a teaser for future Living World stuff.
  4. It actually was the holographic dragon and it's a teaser for the return of Dragon Bash.
  5. It's a bug.
  1. It's the 4th anniversary dragon mail carrier.

@Fundor.2098 said:

@"Dashiva.6149" said:I kinda hope Tequatl got another mysterious powerup and assaults LA directly! It's about time that Lion statue gets destroyed yet again.

Can't go check ingame atm, but I recall we don't actually have
any
lion statues in
Lion
's Arch atm? xDI do hope good old Teqqy-boy decides to slaughter hundreds of people by dropping some old ruins or something over all that unused space though!

(I really like all the actual explorable houses and tight alley areas surrounding the coastline and Commodore's Quarter, but all that empty space almost everywhere else could totally use some renovating! The hub city just doesn't feel like one nowadays. ':D)

There is at least one in Fort Marriner, right next to the waypoint, above the gate to the Heart of the Mists! (it isn't the old model, but still)But yeah I agree, New LA doesn't feel "alive" like its previous versions did.

Evon Gnashblade had a fun conversation with Mad King Thorn during last Halloween about lion statues getting repeatedly wrecked, at the statue near the Fractals portal, in case you didn't know. Maybe someone put it up on GW2 wiki, don't know. Not sure if that conversation was there in previous Halloweens too, was my first time being active during it.

I'd be up for an LA reboot... The old LA had its issues, and was slow loading as well, but I prefer it's more intimate feel over the SeaWorld-esque look and feel now. I rarely go there because it's just not LA any more.

A Note: Just a thank you Anet for not bringing LA back "all-of-a-sudden" and taking time to rebuild. It would have been awful if we just woke up to a new LA one day.

I think the new LA could be a lot better with a few simple changes:

• Put a brick/stone pattern effect over all the grey concrete so it looks less white and empty
  • Reduce the size of the open areas in the middle. It's nice to have some open space for festivals, and for players to gather, but I think the space under the dome would be enough and the space between the bank and the TP could have more in it (with the two moved closer together). (Or they could have condensed the city part of the city and left some of the Western Ward undeveloped like it was before.)
  • Spread the animal shaped buildings out a bit and/or put some more normal ones in between so it looks like less of a novelty city.

Of course now it's done none of those are simple changes, so it's unlikely to happen...unless the whole place gets destroyed again.

IMO there are easier ways to solve the problem:a) First of all, fill the main empty spaces in with free market stuff: people from all races selling books, food, clothes, weapons, furniture, etc, there in the street, just with carts, tables and blankets on the floor. They don't need to be true NPC vendors (although it would be awesome). The point is to make Lion's Arch feel like a trading hub again.b) In the same way, fill the ports with sailors, harbor workers and fishermen.c) Add a few lions and arcs monuments in strategic places, more noticeable than the current ones. There is too little Lion's Arch in current Lion's Arch.

Archived