Exemplar Kerida in Queensdale

Reynarth.4819

Haven't spotted her yet myself, but from what a wiki editor said, Kerida (nice consistency keeping up her alias during such a public event) appears during the last invasion wave leading two other NPCs, and the location is apparently verified as random. The wiki page for Defeat the invading Awakened lists potential Queensdale invasion event locations as: Altar Brook Vale, Godslost Swamp, Queen's Forest, Phinney Ridge, and Scaver Plateau. As the wiki page is still a work in progress, there might be more locations where ally NPCs pop up in that haven't yet been listed.

Interestingly each invaded map has its own set of generic ally NPCs but also hero "cameos" similar to Kerida showing up to fight the Awakened. Each of these has unique dialogue, some of which apparently even varies depending on the player character's race, which is always a nice touch.

So far the wiki lists the following hero NPCs for the invasion events: the asura Peacemaker Ninn (who shows up in your home instance for the current event stuff as Mechanist Ninn for some reason) in Metrica Province, the norn Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed (of the Lion's Arch Captain's Council) in Gendarran Fields, the norn Knut Whitebear's sons Skarti and Sigfast in Wayfarer Foothills, the charr Ballista Geargrind and Mangonel Gearstrip (notable from the early norn personal story of losing the tank while getting drunk although the pair also shows up during a story branch in the Orr campaign) in Plains of Ashford, and the sylvari Ridhais (the valiant from Knight of the Thorn side story with Caladbolg restoration) in Caledon Forest.

A very interesting and welcome selection of characters. Glad to see some of the less used characters get some of the spotlight too. :)

I hope this is a sign that these characters will appear in the next ep, but for example go to Rata sum see Nin and Zojja, the grove see ridhais and also see the pale tree and caithe, or go to LA and see Magnus with Ellen Kiel and Hero-tron. Have ALL the characters we have met throughout the story against Joko and his army, after all together we win :)

@"Kossage.9072" said:Haven't spotted her yet myself, but from what a wiki editor said, Kerida (nice consistency keeping up her alias during such a public event) appears during the last invasion wave leading two other NPCs, and the location is apparently verified as random. The wiki page for Defeat the invading Awakened lists potential Queensdale invasion event locations as: Altar Brook Vale, Godslost Swamp, Queen's Forest, Phinney Ridge, and Scaver Plateau. As the wiki page is still a work in progress, there might be more locations where ally NPCs pop up in that haven't yet been listed.

Interestingly each invaded map has its own set of generic ally NPCs but also hero "cameos" similar to Kerida showing up to fight the Awakened. Each of these has unique dialogue, some of which apparently even varies depending on the player character's race, which is always a nice touch.

Aaaand the Current Events continue to surpass the Living World storyline in regards to call backs and character-dependent variances.

Nice to know, I never paid attention, and I wasn't gonna replay those events anytime soon because I finished the related achievements and don't see much point in fighting them at this point, unless they drop super special loot I don't know about (I didn't check wiki).

Archived