PoF PvE Elite Class ?

Falados.7165

@Ze Seph.3672 said:At what point of HoT storyline did you manage to fully unlock an elite spec?I assume that, as in HoT, we won't start with the full new elite spec.

I have a thief with 350 hero points ready to become an insta-deadeye. I'm sure I'm not alone in getting characters ready for new elite specs because I've met others in game doing the same thing. All it took was refraining from spending any hero points on the current elite spec.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

@Ze Seph.3672 said:At what point of HoT storyline did you manage to fully unlock an elite spec?I assume that, as in HoT, we won't start with the full new elite spec.

It depends on your amount of heropoints, the elite-spec is not gated behind story, at least as far as I know.

This was my belief aswell ... I have 352 extra hero points on my Ranger/Druid so I thought that I would have enough (hopefully, fingers crossed) to max Soulbeast immediately.

After a couple of hours in Verdent Brink I got the last Hero Point I needed to finish unlocking my elite spec on my main. I was just missing the elite skill for most of that time as I started with somewhere between 210 and 220 or so HPs. It was quicker to finish unlocking the elite on my alts with 100% world completion because I knew where the easy HPs were and had the masteries to reach them quickly (I think I finished unlocking my guardian in about 15 minutes, for example).

Core Tyria and HoT contain 600 HPs and WvW contains about 13 more, so even if you fully unlock your HoT Elite spec it's possible to have over 350 HPs spare going into the expansion. I believe that the new elite specs will cost the same as the HoT elite specs so there should be no reason why you can't instantly unlock the PoF elite spec and start using it straight away.

@Falados.7165 said:Which of these POF elites classes will have easier time through POF storyline ?

I cannot imagine having an easier time than with the open world overlord Minion Necro and it seems only enhanced with the shields provided by Scourge. If we are talking strictly open world storyline gameplay I know I'll be going around on my Power Minion Scourge for lulz.

@Exqq.7451 said:

@Falados.7165 said:Which of these POF elites classes will have easier time through POF storyline ?

I cannot imagine having an easier time than with the open world overlord Minion Necro and it seems only enhanced with the shields provided by Scourge. If we are talking strictly open world storyline gameplay I know I'll be going around on my Power Minion Scourge for lulz.

I´m courious, do the minions get barrier as well ? If yes, then minion-master might be a thing for me.

@Pifil.5193 said:

After a couple of hours in Verdent Brink I got the last Hero Point I needed to finish unlocking my elite spec on my main. I was just missing the elite skill for most of that time as I started with somewhere between 210 and 220 or so HPs. It was quicker to finish unlocking the elite on my alts with 100% world completion because I knew where the easy HPs were and had the masteries to reach them quickly (I think I finished unlocking my guardian in about 15 minutes, for example).

Core Tyria and HoT contain 600 HPs and WvW contains about 13 more, so even if you fully unlock your HoT Elite spec it's possible to have over 350 HPs spare going into the expansion. I believe that the new elite specs will cost the same as the HoT elite specs so there should be no reason why you can't instantly unlock the PoF elite spec and start using it straight away.

They could do as in HoT and increase the HP needed for each ability and have PoF hero challanges give 100 HP.I don't think ANet want everybody fully unlock the new specs tomorrow.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

It depends on your amount of heropoints, the elite-spec is not gated behind story, at least as far as I know.

It would be consistent for Elite Specs to cost 250 points, and for PoF Hero Challenges to be worth 10 Hero Points. It would also make sense in terms of those who buy PoF but have not bought HoT. Their experience would then be similar to that of those who bought HoT. In addition, we know there are Hero Challenges in PoF.

However, this is ANet. We haven't heard anything on how the Elites will be unlocked. That is very similar to how ANet handled things in HoT. A lot of people assumed things based on how core specs were handled. ANet threw them a curve. The situation blew up in ANet's face, and they backpedaled on the number of points needed to unlock the HoT Elite Specs. I'd like to think ANet learned something from that situation. I don't know that they have, though.

Archived