Exemplar outfit available?

AFAIK, there is no cycle, it's all random

But, If the outfit is related to real-time world events such as:

Then the chances are big that the outfit will re-appear in the store.

GW2Timer.com have this nice feature that will give you notice if an specific item is on sale at Gem Store.

GW2Timer.com have this nice feature that will give you notice if an specific item is on sale at Gem Store.

As will this thread (someone checks dailies for new items, returning items, and discounts).

Both processes are manual, i.e. someone has to check, so you'll just have to keep checking until the item you want becomes available.

• 8 months later...

Its done on purpose, artificial scarcity is a very important and effective way to make a company money.

This is something everyone says that I'll never understand. The greatest and most likely moment that I will spend money is the moment I first discover a product that I really like. There will never be a moment I am more excited about the product than the initial moment I discover it. If it turns out the product is unavailable and that I might have to wait a random amount of months to be able to get it, it is very likely I will never purchase the product. In relation to Guild Wars 2, I play for a few months and then I go away for a few months. It is likely I will never see that narrow window to buy the item and years later if I do, I'm no longer excited about it. There are many items that I have never purchases because I have never seen them available or that the excitement faded by the time I did see it available. Anet could have had my money but they refused to take it.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:

Its done on purpose, artificial scarcity is a very important and effective way to make a company money.

This is something everyone says that I'll never understand. The greatest and most likely moment that I will spend money is the moment I first discover a product that I really like. There will never be a moment I am more excited about the product than the initial moment I discover it. If it turns out the product is unavailable and that I might have to wait a random amount of months to be able to get it, it is very likely I will never purchase the product. In relation to Guild Wars 2, I play for a few months and then I go away for a few months. It is likely I will never see that narrow window to buy the item and years later if I do, I'm no longer excited about it. There are many items that I have never purchases because I have never seen them available or that the excitement faded by the time I did see it available. Anet could have had my money but they refused to take it.

Certainly there are cases like yours, but if it didnt work the way they wanted it to they wouldnt continue to do it.

I think a good compromise would be to have a system where you can in a sense pre-order gem-store items you are waiting for. Spend your gems and the next time the item is available it is automatically purchased. The people who jump on limited time sales will still feel obligated to buy items because they don't want to wait months for it. The rest of us can still feel like we've purchased what we wanted even if we have to wait some random amount of time to obtain it. Also, logging in after a few months and seeing random purchased items in your mail could be like opening gifts.

@"Boysenberry.1869" said:

This. The comment that "artificial scarcity" in any way is beneficial monetarily for a one-off item is rubbish. An account can only buy outfits and skins once each. What the hell does it matter what time of year it's purchased? If it was a consumable that statement might make sense. This is not a consumable, and the statement makes no sense at all.

• 3 months later...

Archived