"Aurora" need to be transmutable

WitherBlade.5714

I believe most ppl who owned Aurora will have the same request as well. After SO MUCH hours we spent on grinding, and SO MUCH gold we spent on crafting this item, it could ONLY be available on ONE character at a time. Like really???

IMO I think overall it's a pretty shiny item, and definitely worthy for ppl who have extra time/gold to craft it. But it's a shame that we couldn't use the skin freely like other legendary weapons/armors/back on all other characters. This make me feel very upset and even regretting to make this item.

I don't know about programming but maybe Anet could consider making the accessories transmutable for ppl who unlocked Aurora, or even an item functioning as Back Pack Straps that u could attach the skin on it?

I hope this feature can be improved for ppl who worked hard on Aurora after all.

So. Much. THIS!If we get a way to get rid of the flashy effects I might actually decide to go for this thing.It makes sense that trinkets didn't have a transmute option because, well, you can't see them anyway. But now that they have a visual impact on your character, I think there should be an option to change it. If not as a transmute, at least an on/off toggle.

I don't have it, but if a transmute or toggle encourages more people to turn it off, I am all for it. I think I would like the effect if it was smaller, but it's just really huge. Or maybe it was the charr that was wearing it making it so big - either way, I'm not a fan. And if a transmute encourages more people to turn it on other characters, that's fine too. They can only play one character at a time anyway :)

Consider this a plea to Anet to tone effects down in general. Just ... please.

• 6 months later...

I support this but more for a QoL reason.We do have pratically everything but amulet as legendary stuff, but with some limits:

• We can't have more than 1 legendary accessory
  • We can't have more than 1 legendary ring ( even though it's ongoing )

Why are we currently unable to have base legendary rings/accessories?It's definitely against what legendary are meant for.

• 11 months later...

I'd actually love to see a skin wardrobe for trinkets. As a roleplayer, my characters are often wearing a weird mishmash of trinkets that would make sense to them personally, but result in a godawful combination of stats. The benefit of having a trinket skin wardrobe is that it would allow players to use the Aurora effect on other characters without having to constantly swap it around. (And once the Legendary Ring comes out, I can guarantee we'll see yet more complaints about this.)

Its not going to happen, as stated in threads about coloring weapons and backpieces, the item system was hard-coded in a specific way, and had years of code built on top of it and that any changes to it are not possible under any circumstances.

And I am not exadurating here, the developers have literally said that any changes to the item system would break the game.

The best they can do is make an NPC give you free infusions to replicate the aura once you've finished the collection.

If they wanted to make it the easy way, they could make ascended "Aurora Replica" accessories with the graphical effect for all the different stats and put an NPC to trade ascended accessories with an "Aurora Replica" with the same stats.It still wouldn't solve the issue of hiding the graphical effect, though.

For the sake of visual noise, it would be so cool to make infusion auras or trinkets auras part of your wardrobe. That way, you could choose to apply any aura you have unlocked to any character you own or choose to not have any aura even though you have a legendary trinket. And have a limit of 2 auras per character: one aura effect on armor and one aura effect on trinket.

Archived