Once legendary collections are done, is it possible to craft that precursor again via the recipes?

For example, I made HOPE and INCINERATOR a while ago. I'd like to make one more of each by crafting the precursors again. For years now I've heard that it isn't possible to craft a legendary via the collection more than once because we can, obviously, only do the collection once. But I'm starting to think this is incorrect. (Note: I don't care about the Twice Told Legend title. I am purely asking about the feasibility of crafting a 2nd one,)

So last night I looked into this in game and using the wiki. Here is what I found:

• My huntsman has the recipes for Research, Development and Prototype (the 3 stages of the precursor).
  • Each recipe requires an item from the corresponding collection achievement reward chest -- I have already completed those achievements.
  • Each of these chests appear as purchasable from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in his various Collection Chest tabs.
  • So theoretically, with those chests and recipes, I should be able to craft the precursor again.
  • And with the precursor crafted, make the legendary again in the mystic forge.

Has anyone actually tried this yet?Has Anet confirmed whether this would work or not?Certainly seems feasible but I don't know for sure.

'This crafting system is an account-based activity, which means you’ll only be able to craft each precursor this way once'-https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/Grandmaster Hobbs re-sells the achievement chests, for the not so fortunate players who misplaced the first one they received.If you go to the precursor in the crafting panel, you also get the message 'You have already crafted this item' meaning you can only craft one.

Archived