Damage in WvW needs nerf

EremiteAngel.9765

I was running towards the south camp when from out of invis, a mesmer/mirage burst me and did 27K damage in one second. I'm not even kidding about the timing. He just came out of invis and boom I went down.

Attached the damage log. I'm not sure if he was using macro, but it was all done in a second. I had 2.8K armor and 25K HP but went down in 1 second.

Please nerf. These one-shot burst builds...literally unplayable.

Check Vallun's stream at the 2hour and 46min and 25 seconds mark and at the 2hour and 55min and 31 seconds mark.That was the same mesmer that one-shot me with 27K damage from invis in one second.Did the same to Vallun twice.

Video link here and Video link here

damage logs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Mesmer burst damage is ridiculous, and has been for some time. Anet continues to buff their damage while stealth is still unbalanced and broken, power creep is still unbalanced and broken. Balance department doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't care about wvw.

Mesmer power burst and mirage condi application is way over the top.Firebrand healing and sustain is way too powerful.Thief still broken because of stealth spam.Holosmith damage is way over the top.Warriors are still broken in small scale.Rev is a poorly constructed class, and power damage is over the top.Necro is mostly forced into one poorly designed spec.Ele still garbage.

Stealth is broken as always.CC spammed like crazy, like always.

GG balance department, keep up the fabulous job.

@X T D.6458 said:Yea Mesmer burst damage is ridiculous, and has been for some time. Anet continues to buff their damage while stealth is still unbalanced and broken, power creep is still unbalanced and broken. Balance department doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't care about wvw.

Mesmer power burst and mirage condi application is way over the top.Firebrand healing and sustain is way too powerful.Thief still broken because of stealth spam.Holosmith damage is way over the top.Warriors are still broken in small scale.Rev is a poorly constructed class, and power damage is over the top.Necro is mostly forced into one poorly designed spec.Ele still garbage.

This is a pretty accurate description of what plagues wvw.

What build is this "7 k mind wrack"? And rotation to get 7 k? I just wrote about this in the mesmer section, because an enemy mesmer gave to my mesmer 7 k MW but my mesmer gave only 2 k MW to this same mesmer. Damage is 3.5 times of my nearly full zerk mesmer - could be 2,500 armor. If enemy mesmer was full glass, it was armored glass.

@"Pelto.9364" said:What build is this "7 k mind wrack"? And rotation to get 7 k? I just wrote about this in the mesmer section, because an enemy mesmer gave to my mesmer 7 k MW but my mesmer gave only 2 k MW to this same mesmer. Damage is 3.5 times of my nearly full zerk mesmer - could be 2,500 armor. If enemy mesmer was full glass, it was armored glass.

Gotta mix it up with some random open field dodge rolls (because you never know if a mesmer or thief is going to one shot you out of stealth) and take traits that give auto-invuln or heal at low health or death in case your random open field dodge rolls don't work. ;)

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I was running towards the south camp when from out of invis, a mesmer/mirage burst me and did 27K damage in one second. I'm not even kidding about the timing. He just came out of invis and boom I went down.

Attached the damage log. I'm not sure if he was using macro, but it was all done in a second. I had 2.8K armor and 25K HP but went down in 1 second.

https://imgur.com/wyUin9t

damage logs

And what is your build precisely? I ask because it is extremely rellavent to the discussion. If you are running a defenseless glass cannon build and we're caught unaware by a glass cannon build it is an entirely different discussion than a full soldiers style of build.

I'm seeing so many of these power builds now. They either kill you outright, or you kill them right off the bat(if you survive their initial engage). For all the crying over certain condi builds there sure are a lot of these glass power builds that are just as bad, if not worse. Pulling this kind of damage out of stealth is just not fair at all.

@coglin.1496 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I was running towards the south camp when from out of invis, a mesmer/mirage burst me and did 27K damage in one second. I'm not even kidding about the timing. He just came out of invis and boom I went down.

damage logs

And what is your build precisely? I ask because it is extremely rellavent to the discussion. If you are running a defenseless glass cannon build and we're caught unaware by a glass cannon build it is an entirely different discussion than a full soldiers style of build.

I've been hit by these combos on my warrior with 28-30k hp and about 3.2k armor - fun fact is that their dazes/stuns can also go through warrior bubbles, but deadeyes cannot use their mark and stolen skills through bubble (I tested thoroughly with my deadeye, and with regards to the mes part, I was getting hit everytime I came across this mes while I was inside my bubble with his combos). There was one streamer that even said it's useless even if you went as high as 32k hp cos it'd just drop you anyway with that diarrhea combo lol. Fun times.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Funny thing, my mirage with 1700 toughness/20k hp got killed by a single reaper spin yesterday.

Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf!!!!!

a reaper spin Need 2¾ to get casted. as Mirage you have 100000000000 ways to Counter that by getting invul, teleporting away... if you just stand there 2¾ sec and doing nothing its your own fault.

a Mirage killing People in under 1 sec out of invis, so you cant see the mesmer comming. a reaper is very slow and you see him all the time. the Mirage also is 10 times faster than a reaper...

next point is that Mirage is invul WHILE he is bursting you but reaper is very defensless while casting 2¾ sec 1 skill and cannot casting anything else while that.

@coglin.1496 said:

damage logs

The point he's making is it doesn't matter what your build is, this burst (probably macro'd) will leave you on the floor or close to it before you even have time to react.

As for gear balancing that someone else mentioned, stop flogging your spvp horse. It's not the gear that causes this, it's skill multipliers and skill design. It shows how bad the balancing is, and how little Anet care about wvw and to a lesser extent spvp.

No class should be able to spew out endless condis around them whilst moving- scourge.

No class should be able to spew condis whilst popping in and out of stealth- mesmer and thief.

Next thing they will do to 'balance' is give guards the same in reverse, so they can run around with a bubble that wipes off all condi in an area for the same duration as a scourge does.

The real problem started when they decided to not have trinity or collisions- body blocking would have been great in this game:-)

@coglin.1496 said:

damage logs

I'm running a Knight+Cav+Zerk/Valk combination.2.8K Armor and 25K HP as mentioned in my post.Usually use this set up for duo/group roaming.Far from glass =/

The other time was at 2hour and 55min and 31 seconds mark.Same one-shot mesmer that downs Vallun from invis while Vallun was engaged in another fight.You see how silly this looks. 1 second instant KO from invis.So bad to gameplay especially in group fights where your attention is elsewhere and you can just go 100-0 with no tell.

Video link here

@X T D.6458 said:Yea Mesmer burst damage is ridiculous, and has been for some time. Anet continues to buff their damage while stealth is still unbalanced and broken, power creep is still unbalanced and broken. Balance department doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't care about wvw.

Well summed up, except for what I don't like and made me drop thief is the camera view change. That imo wasn't necessary and didn't fix real issues but pissed enough people off.

@XenesisII.1540 said:But just think how great that damage is for pve!!!

^

its been like this for over 2 years nowAnet just doest not care about how many already left wvw/spvp or even the whole game because of the powercreep/balancing issuesits really not understandable MO himself was so proud of that gw2 does not devaluate what you got when new addons come outyeah right without the new specs you are left behind in the dust so much we exatly have the problem that any other mmo has when a new addon brings a new level capcongratz Anet for that ... so far forgw2 will never have a new lvl capthe crowd sheered as HoT was revealed as he said thatwould have been interissting to see if the crowd also had sheered if he told them that gw2 will have no new lvl cap but elite specs will be so overpowered that you will not be able to compete with your core builds anymore ...

@SweetPotato.7456 said:

@"Pelto.9364" said:What build is this "7 k mind wrack"? And rotation to get 7 k? I just wrote about this in the mesmer section, because an enemy mesmer gave to my mesmer 7 k MW but my mesmer gave only 2 k MW to this same mesmer. Damage is 3.5 times of my nearly full zerk mesmer - could be 2,500 armor. If enemy mesmer was full glass, it was armored glass.

Yeah I've been hit a few times by 1 shot mesmers. Doesn't really phase me anymore. I've gotten used to it and just move on. I believe the build used in this video is very similar to the following.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Burst_Shatter

or something similar to thishttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdRnsIClohtfCmpBEgiFWjq+Yb2oFN6muqjMBCggD-jBSBABmpEchTAwDHBA80Hc1+jyvIOEAA8AAoU9HA-e

Archived